• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Why does meth make you extremely horny, but cocaine doesn't?

They're similar but at the same time they're different, by this I mean they have similar effects (extremely different duration of action) but work by different methods of action.

In my experience (and hopefully others will echo this) cocaine makes people horny as shit.

13544e81f2b2c115dcad462f037f11ca.jpg

^Image showing mechanism of action on dopamine by both cocaine and (meth)amphetamine.

I feel that which drug makes you horny is a matter of many factors, including expectations of the drug's effects.

Only similarity is that they are both dopamine agonists.

I'm not sure but I have heard of people saying they get horny on cocaine. Sex on meth is soooo good. I can go all day with very few breaks.

The only amphetamine ive taken is dextroamphetamine which makes me horny as a motherfucker. Coke also makes me really fucking horny too as long as i don't do too much of it then well ya know what happens :\

The only amphetamine ive taken is dextroamphetamine which makes me horny as a motherfucker. Coke also makes me really fucking horny too as long as i don't do too much of it then well ya know what happens :\

Both of these drugs make me horny as shit, coke moreso...maybe only because I expect coke to make me horny as shit.

I think part of the coke-making-people-horny effect is placebo (at least for some people).

There are a lot of factors, but methamphetamine does cause you to become more horny than cocaine does. First of all, cocaine only lasts for how long? 30 minutes tops? While meth can last up to 12 hours. Methamphetamine is a more powerful psycho-stimulant than cocaine is - so we automatically expect the effects to be more amplified. Methamphetamine causes a cascading release of dopamine, norepinephrine and serotonin in the brain. So meth literally floods the brain with feel good catecholamine neurotransmitters (dopamine, norepinephrine) and serotonin, which is a monoamine neurotransmitter. Cocaine doesn't flood the brain with these neurotransmitters - it is a serotonin–norepinephrine–dopamine reuptake inhibitor.

So they work a little differently, but methamphetamine is definitely the more sexual drug. As a stimulant, meth puts cocaine to shame.

Speak for yourself! Coke makes me almost horny enough to bang someone who does meth! ...almost

Biochemically speaking, meth should make one hornier than cocaine would. =D

Biochemically speaking, meth should make one hornier than cocaine would. =D

Cocaine lasts just 30 minutes. It kicks in within seconds. That very little amount may make two users become crazy horny instantly. And do some of their best work in bed ever. And then continuing to do so forever by fucking on a bed near a mirror with a razor, folded dollar bill and a white pile of coke. So you can continue on for hours on just that same person, or another if the time called.

So I believe they have the capacity to make you just as horny. Methamphetamine you may be able to have a longer...much longer experience.

Everyone reacts differently; you don't get turned on when on cocaine, but a lot of others do.

Only similarity is that they are both dopamine agonists.

Are they? If so, they are weak dopamine agonists. Their primary effects come from modulation of the dopamine transporter, as the image above showed (thanks, NeighborhoodThreat! That picture is cool :) ).

In my experience (and hopefully others will echo this) cocaine makes people horny as shit.

Speak for yourself! Coke makes me almost horny enough to bang someone who does meth! ...almost

I agree with Cane and NT...coke makes me super horny! I do have male friends in particular who, although coke makes them horny...they aren't able to actually keep an erection. I've never met anyone who DOESN'T feel horny from cocaine, actually.

Everyone reacts differently; you don't get turned on when on cocaine, but a lot of others do.

Are they? If so, they are weak dopamine agonists. Their primary effects come from modulation of the dopamine transporter, as the image above showed (thanks, NeighborhoodThreat! That picture is cool :) ).

Mr Blonde, you are correct, I was quite drunk/high when I replied, what I meant was their method of action both involved dopamine, if they were both agonist then they would have the same method of action! :)

Sorry about the confusion

I agree with Cane and NT...coke makes me super horny! I do have male friends in particular who, although coke makes them horny...they aren't able to actually keep an erection. I've never met anyone who DOESN'T feel horny from cocaine, actually.

I know for girls its probably a better bet, as far as being able to follow through with the hornyness that cocaine produces. I've never had a problem with keeping it up while on cocaine but I've only done cocaine a handful of times...from what I've read the coke-cock problem happens after you use it more than a few times, same with amphetamines. In fact, I've noticed the problem is worse with amphetamines than coke, maybe because I've done a lot more amphetamines than cocaine?

ive never tried meth but i really have done some decent-sized lines with my boyfriend and had sex for like 10 hours...only stopping to do lines off each other once ina while. were crazy about sex with each other sober but its longer lasting high...i bet id attack him like a spider-monkey on meth though cuz i hear its stronger. ;)

i bet id attack him like a spider-monkey on meth though cuz i hear its stronger. ;)
LMAO
All I can think about now is that stupid movie :/
And to stay on topic, coke makes me horny as well as meth. Not sure of the science of it though...

Coke makes me very horny - - but meth takes me to another whole extreme of horniness. Holy fuck - - I love that super out of this universe horniness on meth.