• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Adderall 20mg IR vs 20mg XR

10C

Bluelighter
How do they compare? When taking IR I usually take 2 pills so 40mg, but how will 40mg XR feel compared to IR? Taking it for recreational purposes.

It definitely won't be as recreational, that's for sure.

The XR will be slowly absorbed so that you can be medicated round the clock (12 hours). It will not feel like you took 40 mg of Adderall IR, I'll tell you that now. In fact, you probably won't notice the effect from the XR, as it is very subtle and only a little bit at a time is released into your system over the course of 12 hours.

It definitely won't be as recreational, that's for sure.

The XR will be slowly absorbed so that you can be medicated round the clock (12 hours). It will not feel like you took 40 mg of Adderall IR, I'll tell you that now. In fact, you probably won't notice the effect from the XR, as it is very subtle and only a little bit at a time is released into your system over the course of 12 hours.

Thank you. What if I went through the tedious task of crushing up the beads? I'm guessing it wont feel like IR but will be closer to it?

Thank you. What if I went through the tedious task of crushing up the beads? I'm guessing it wont feel like IR but will be closer to it?

Yeah, but it's still wont be the same and crushing up the beads is a bitch that you don't want to go through. You'll probably lose product and waste time.

IR (instant release) - Nice, solid boost of energy, confidence and moderate euphoria.
XR (time release) - 12 hour long anxiety attack with little 10 minute bursts of light euphoria every so often.

I took a 20mg XR the other day, and as quickly as I started feeling it, the feeling would go away and leave me with a comedown anxiety, then I'd feel it again, then anxiety, etc.. All day long....SUCKED!!! It made me reconsider my drug use altogether.

A few days later, a friend and I went for a late long walk, he crushed up the beads and we split a 20mg crushed up XR between 3 of us. That was a nice, clean boost of energy, no anxiety. Wore off easily, and I fell asleep no problem.

^Could there have been any external factors in the waves of anxiety besides just the fact that the adderall was extended release? The XR shouldn't be any more anxiogenic than the IR.

the IR's aren't as fun to snort, and they're too sweet.

for rec i'd say go with the XR's, crush the beads in a folded bill

^I love how sweet the IR adderalls are. It's very interesting, and a pleasant surprise compared with the normal bitterness. But to each his own.

I like em, too but i think the 10's taste better.
plus you try doing them daily for a few months then tell me how you like em.

I much prefer IR. The XR doesn't give me that burst of energy and quick mood lift that IR does. XR only lasts me a few hours more than IR and doesn't feel all too smooth. For studying purposes I would recommend XR but for recreational purposes go with IR. Just my opinion.

Thank you everyone for the replies! I think I'll go with the IR tomorrow! Had a choice but will pick IR. And just another question...If I only have a 20mg IR (haven't done adderall in about 1 year) would it be better to:

A) snort all 20mg
B) pop it
C) baking soda (or tums) and then pop it?

I pretty much wanna get the biggest bang from that 20mg, but also want it to last a bit (5 hours at least). Its been so long since I've done adderall or amphetamines I can barely remember what I should do.

Don't snort it, especially if your looking for a 5 hour high. I think that snorting is a real waste. Pop some Tums and then take it orally. You'll get the most effects that way.

there's also the thought of parachuting it, I parachuted a 30mg adderall IR once and it managed to get me high when I usually take 60-90mg orally to get high. But I also have the 30mg IRs.

there's also the thought of parachuting it, I parachuted a 30mg adderall IR once and it managed to get me high when I usually take 60-90mg orally to get high. But I also have the 30mg IRs.

6a00d83451b8c369e2014e862056fe970d-800wi

That shouldn't make much of a difference at all except kick in a little quicker so your situation shouldn't be the same for everybody.

So what's the difference between ir an xr? ive been takeing adderal 30 mg for about the past week because my friend sells them to me but there in a pill form, I've taken 2 an snorted one, as well as 3 40 mg vyvances which are in capsule form but I wasn't sure.how to take those so I just popped them. Then i snorted 2 Xanax Obviously I didnt do these for medical purpose, but it it seems i don't really feel anything just chill . Is the pill form of adderal weakeer or something? an is there a more effective way for me to take the vyvance than just popping them. Also shouuld I have not snorted those Xanax? Someone please reply .

IR = 3-4hr half-life - aka more recreation
XR = 7-8hr half-life - aka more productive

So Which is pill an which is capsule?
Any reccomendations on how to take them.

IR is a pill, XR is a capsule. There are a few possible ROAs - oral and insufflation are the main 2.