Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Mood Swings after taking MDMA

Life is a Road

Greenlighter
Hello all,

This is my first post on Bluelight, so first of all I would like to give a big warm welcome to everyone!

Anyway, I was just wondering if mood swings were common the week after taking Molly. This is my third time doing Molly, although I have done Ecstasy three times, yet this time has been the most unique experience of all three. Instead of going to a music festival or club, my boyfriend and I did it in broad day light and hung out at his apartment reading excerpts for a book on meditation and simply talking. The day afterwards I experienced moments of clarity and focus, and truly understanding that what is so great about an afternoon or evening with "Molly", is that you begin to truly comprehend what it means to live in the present moment. Afterwards, however, I had feelings of helplessness and despair. The following week I also had days where I was extremely happy and motivated, and others where I felt exhausted and severely depressed.

Does this have anything to do with MDMA? I also just switched birth control pills, and thought this also might have something to do with it.

Thanks in advance.

A warm welcome to Bluelight.

You'll find many posts about post MDMA mood swings, dips in energy, sleeping issues and beyong if you do a quick look at the forum- you are not alone, this is common. I recommend reading the directory (in my signature) and you'll likely know more about MDMA than you ever wanted to when you're done.

Molly (assuming its pure mdma powder/crystal) is the same scientifically as a pure MDMA pill in terms of effects. MDMA is MDMA, it does not matter if its loose white powder or pressed into cute shape I'm a bright color. Pills or powder- reagent testing is always essential to know the contents.

Hello all,

This is my first post on Bluelight, so first of all I would like to give a big warm welcome to everyone!

Anyway, I was just wondering if mood swings were common the week after taking Molly. This is my third time doing Molly, although I have done Ecstasy three times, yet this time has been the most unique experience of all three. Instead of going to a music festival or club, my boyfriend and I did it in broad day light and hung out at his apartment reading excerpts for a book on meditation and simply talking. The day afterwards I experienced moments of clarity and focus, and truly understanding that what is so great about an afternoon or evening with "Molly", is that you begin to truly comprehend what it means to live in the present moment. Afterwards, however, I had feelings of helplessness and despair. The following week I also had days where I was extremely happy and motivated, and others where I felt exhausted and severely depressed.

Does this have anything to do with MDMA? I also just switched birth control pills, and thought this also might have something to do with it.

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to Bluelight.

A couple questions, was your MDMA tested? And how long did you wait between your rolls?

All of the symptoms that you described are typical when you've taken MDMA. You need to make sure that you give your body time to recover after you roll because MDMA does do a number on your body and mind.
5HTP helps a lot with the recovery process as it help your brain replenish the supply of seretonin.
Hope this helps.

I'm not an expert, but Don't Birth control pills contain hormones and the likes

and I'm sure hormones would elevate mood swings

and mdma does effect mood and your emotions for sure

I've experienced after a binge, that if someone says something to me something as so simple as shouldnt you be doing etc

It feels like a punch in the gut or the feeling or the feeling of your "stomach dropping"

do you use often?

How often have you been taking MDMA? Mood swings tend to be more common when you use MDMA more than once a month or you use very high doses. However, sometimes people get mood swings after doing MDMA even when they space out their rolls and take moderate doses.

It's just one of those things that occasionally happens when you use MDMA. Try to avoid thinking about it and just focus on trying to keep your mood positive.

Hey folks!

Thanks for all the feedback. Yep birth control pills do contain hormones, and many girls attribute being extremely emotional and hormonal to it.

The last time I did MDMA before mid-February (the most recent time) was on New Year's Eve. Before that, I took it in early September.

I have actually been having incredibly great days since then. Keeping my mind focused on what I'm engaged with in the present is really helpful, as is working out when I can and doing things I enjoy.

The reason why I ask though is because I want to use again and am worried I'll sink into a deep depression. I'm graduating in the spring, so I shouldn't have as much anxiety, yet I am nervous my mind will react in the same way.

Thoughts?

5HTP is a chemical precursor to serotonin, u can get it at a pharmacy in the vitamins section...it will supposedly help to restore the serotonin that was depleted when u rolled which could be making u feel depressed and giving u mood swings. it's safety and effectiveness have been debated but lots of ppl swear by it.

Personally, if I was you, I wouldn't use. Certain people are more sensitive to MDMA than others and it sounds like you might be one of those people. I certainly am. I rolled hard on Halloween and am still struggling with depression. Believe me, it's not a place you ever want to be, especially if it's self-inflicted for one night of pleasure. If you, do however, just make sure you dose relatively low, don't redose, stay hydrated, load up on antioxidants, and test your shit. These simple precautions could save you a lot of heartache.

The thing is, I really like how I feel during and when afterwards (for the most part). I feel like I had the most liberating revelations when I have rolled both on Ecstasy and MDMA, that put things in perspective. For example, realizing how much pressure I put on myself, and how all of life is about the choices that you are in control of making, was totally worth it.

I'm going to Bonnaroo in July with a group of friends, and really would like to roll but am thinking of not taking a re dose, because that's usually what gets me into trouble. Would you still recommend staying away from it entirely because I have had a tendency to have sporadic and uncontrollable bouts of depression since September?

Everyone is going to tell you something different, so ultimately it's up to you. I think I've had a predisposition for depression (which you clearly have), and when I did a bunch of MDMA on halloween it unleashed it. If you have a predisposition, I would avoid.

Now, I think MDMA is relatively safe if proper precautions are taken (even if you do have a predisposition for depression). But the thing is, these precautions are difficult to take. ESPECIALLY at a festival like bonnaroo. Picture the setting: tons of drugs, lots of love, loads of heat, great music. You'll be feeling invincible at the time (I know I did) and you're unlikely to monitor what you're doing. Everyone is going to be rolling face, passing shit around and you'll likely do more than you anticipate b/c you'll want to keep the good times rolling. Unless you have complete confidence that you can recognize this temptation and stick to your guns with a safe, monitored dose (but keep in mind you'll have barrels of serotonin flooding you, telling you that you're doing great), I would avoid. Just do some acid or some shrooms man. Or even better, take a point of molly and a hit of acid. But seriously, if you're even sort of depressed, a tornado of serotonin is the last thing you need. Take it from me.

I got bad mood swings last time.. did it two weeks after rolling. Side effects kick in if you do it too much

Thanks for the advice, catinthehat.

Buuut I've done shrooms a couple of times and I don't really feel like raging when I'm on em.

I have realized, however, that in the circumstances where I've done these drugs super spontaneously I've had an AWESOME experience, and didn't experience a terrible come down at all or any sort of anxiety/ depression.

I just wanna have the most unique and jaw-dropping experience EVAH however being too anxious about being in the right setting and having things available to you etc. sets you up for being underwhelmed and having a negative reaction afterwards.