European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Mensa Quiz - Something to do on a Sunday

309q1s5.jpg

I is smarters than you

I got 22 but I have no attention span and I cunted most of my braincells up the wall last night.

Haha, I cant find any pleasure in that at all. More like frustration and torture.:!
Thank god there was a sneaky peak button. Come on....Who else gave up and pressed reveal ;)

in keeping with past practice, i couldn't pass this sort of quiz if my life depended on it.
never won a chess match but win at poker !
heartily enjoy the company of bright people - learning is life live well .

I can see from @Swerls screenie that they generate a different quiz each time!

So anyway I am feeling pretty fucking stupid today, I did have a K session earlier. I was staring at question 1 thinking, what the hell

Fill in the missing number:

0,1,1,2,3,5,8,13,-,34,55

I could see that there was no simple linear relationship here, and resorted to firing up matlab!

mensa1.png

Who the fuck can do this shit in their heads?! I am doing a PhD in what is essentially predicting missing numbers too, doesn't bode well for me lol

Anyway jokes aside, the simple "add the last two numbers together" trick may have saved time haha!!!!

I knew those were Fibonacci numbers right off the bat..lol

I knew those were Fibonacci numbers right off the bat..lol

Yeah, was expecting most of the questions to be silly shit like primes, perfect squares, fibonacci etc. I hate maths :(

The stuff that really gets me is wordplay. Can't do anagrams for shit, I hate when people put countdown on.

Got 29/30.

Fuck that 'parachute' bollocks. That's not a test of IQ or brain power in the same way as me saying "guess the number I'm thinking of."

Wankers.

Got 29/30.

Fuck that 'parachute' bollocks. That's not a test of IQ or brain power in the same way as me saying "guess the number I'm thinking of."

Wankers.

It says quite clearly at the start "this is not an IQ test"

Soooo....not so wanky after all eh? ;)

I can see from @Swerls screenie that they generate a different quiz each time!

No, just the questions come out in a different order.

Question that took me longest was the anagram of 'insatiable'. I also tried this on my g/f who also took ages to find that answer. We are both cryptic crossword clever bastards. I suggest anyone who reckons they got that right, and quickly, is being economical blah blah blah. Anagrams are not so immediately obvious when you are looking for a plural (but don't know you are).

Good bit of fun....apropos to nothing. I still think the 7's question is good in a timed test, particularly the follow-up explanations.

i got 30/30, but given i'm paid for having a brain and reallly feel shit right now i'd probably have given up the day job if i'd got any less. most of it was ridiculously easy (to someone who deals with maths etc daily), the only one i wasn't really sure about was potato being to raddish as pear is to apple, them both being on a tree/underground seemed too easy but whaddya know.

the insatiable one took me the longest- you need to write it down in a circle/loads of different orders but once you have banal you're there.

ps ecsplosiv loving the matlabing! though matlab is very annoying to me right now with its inability to allocate memory sensibly.

haha well mine was first time round. but as i said, i'm paid for having a brain so it really would not be good if i couldn't get full marks on something like that.

Only got 26 :( fucked up on the typist question, didn't think about it for long enough, messed up the big anagram, got tablestain instead, lol, also got the petal shape one wrong, although I blame the question for that one. My biggest fail though was the counting the 4 sided shape question. Can't believe how I got that one wrong, was easy as fuck.

Never mind, want to do a proper IQ test now though, lol.

^you're gonna get the same score so why waste everyones time?

I meet the IQ requirements to be a member of Mensa, but fuck that shit.. I ain't paying no dues and test fees and all that shit..

^you're gonna get the same score so why waste everyones time?

I meet the IQ requirements to be a member of Mensa, but fuck that shit.. I ain't paying no dues and test fees and all that shit..

26 out of 30 isn't a score for an IQ test??? Why will I get the same score? I made some stupid mistakes on that mensa workout quiz that I would not to make again.

Also, how is me doing a real IQ test wasting anyones time but mine? :!:!:X

I did a load of IQ tests when I was younger and also met the requirements to be in mensa but didn't think it was worth joining.

Wondering what or if my levels of drug use over the years, and not continuing any sort of real education has done to my ability to do well in an IQ test.