- I have looked around the index but there is something I would like to know that is not in there, it seems!
- Right now I am on medications, is it alright for me to use this psychedelic / empathogenic stimulant / research chemical etc?
- I have read about a number of different things but it is just very hard to pick a drug to begin with, which one do I take??
- I have heard you can get a bad trip. Should I be worried about that?
Following are questions that are answered only briefly with a redirect to the appropriate thread that exists for it:
- to do:
- What is the best psychedelic
I took a hit of LSD but it wasn't visual. Why?
- It's not uncommon to have surprisingly little visuals, although usually when you have had a good number of trips and titrate* your
dose upwards you should be able to experience them soon enough. Most of the time it is just a matter of taking a little bit more. For some people acid is generally not extremely visual, it happens but less than some might think. Visit this thread about the subject!
- *Titrating your dose, what is it? Titrating just means starting with a low dose and slowly work your way up with steps or increments. If the steps are not too large much fewer unexpected results will be had.
What's the most visual psychedelic?
- Psychedelics only have certain tendencies to be visual, in different intensities and in different forms. It can be like comparing apples to oranges because visualizing complete imagery of scenes in your mind is different from seeing objects morph and distort with open eyes. There is no answer, this is a debate without end, but nonetheless much can be said about it that should satisfy your questions about this! Read here.
Threads that are especially valuable to beginners:
- The Big & Dandy First-Time-Tripper Thread - Focus Threads: First time DXM / ketamine / LSD / Mushrooms
- The Big & Dandy Beginner Psychedelic Thread
- The Big & Dandy First Trip Description Thread
- The Big & Dandy Methods of Trip Preparation
- The Big & Dandy Set and Setting Thread
This FAQ is a work in progress and you can help out! If you know a question that is bound to be asked by people new to all this, post it below. If it is valuable to be answered here it will be added. If not then eventually the posts will be made invisible and the thread will be closed - this is in the end not a platform for discussion but only a FAQ.