Bluelight

Thread: Gash Rave in Manchester

1. Collapse Details
    Gash Rave in Manchester 
    Bluelighter
    Okay, so I just got the news that Gashcollective are having a freeparty on the 2nd of april, but I simply don't hang out with ravers or any of the kinds of people who would know about this, and me and my girlfriend really, really fucking wanna go. Does anybody on here know anything about it, and/or would be able to hook me up with info on the location before it kicks off? PM if you do.

Btw, I'm not like the police or something just a genuine dude who loves a bit of dubstep and edm and a messy night of mdma fun. Ta

2. Collapse Details

Ex-Bluelighter
    They have a website. You could probably get preliminary information and start from there.

I've been to a couple of their events and it was always word of mouth, but visit their site and you might just be able to make inroads. Of course, other BLers might be able to help. Good luck.

3. Collapse Details

Or................ come to London!
    Above and Beyond is playing April 1st!!
    =]]

4. Collapse Details

These things always really interest me, how the shit does the information get spread round if it's not formally announced?
    I've heard things like answer phone messages saved to a phone a few hours before the event with details of it, but that was on a bbc 3 documentary so i'm highly dubious.
    Surely thousands of people can't hear through word of mouth?

5. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    These are the same things I've heard. The website basically says "keep your ear to the ground", which I presume means exactly what you said: that information will be released covertly.

I know that this is how most raves in this country used to be organised, because of the criminal justice bill (grrr), and you'd have a phone number to call on the night, through which you'd find out at the last possible minute the location. There's no other way to go about it if you don't wanna get shut down, really.

6. Collapse Details

Ex-Bluelighter
    Quote Originally Posted by cacophonaut View Post
    I know that this is how most raves in this country used to be organised, because of the criminal justice bill (grrr), and you'd have a phone number to call on the night, through which you'd find out at the last possible minute the location. There's no other way to go about it if you don't wanna get shut down, really.
    Aye, I remember having to run through loads of coppers whilst off my face on Valentine's day a couple of years ago at one of their events. On love hearts, appropriately. Not the best experience of my life.