Open Discussion Stamp Thread in the North & South American Social & Drug Discussion Section

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unbreakable

Bluelighter
There has to be a loophole or something that would allow a stamp thread.... It saves people a lot money not wasting it on shitty cut dope and its healthier instead of people doing bunch of shitty dope that is cut with who know what....Harm reduction is what i thought this forum was about.... We allow XTC pills being named and how they are and such we even promote Pillreports on this site..... why not the same with dope? People who use Smack don't deserve the same ? :(

like really? I bet you would have a handful of trust worthy people offer to MOD the thread even, shit i would would help out

one love<3

Pills are more unique than what happens to be in a reusable and fairly easily obtainable stamp bag, and mistakes made eating pills are more forgiving than shooting heroin are the first things that come to my mind.

I have always believed that the stamp thread was a good resource... It is harm reduction in exactly the same sense the PillReports is, am I wrong? If I'm missing something, please fill me in, but the way I remember the thread working was exactly like PillReports... for heroin.

I understand that there is a "bad" stamp thread, but where to draw the line on the word "bad"? I'd say anything that is not diamorphine hcl is bad to some degree, and the users need to know to what degree the stamp is bad. The user is going to use bags regardless, is it not best to prevent them from getting a bag that is surely all cut (that then goes into the veins) or any other substance else that isn't blatantly deadly in the immediate sense but can be horrible for injecting? IMO, allowing people to discuss which popular stamps are going around allows for purer products to possibly be obtained. This is exactly what PillReports is all about, and is harm reduction as defined by BL itself.

Last edited:
This website is suppose to be about harm reduction and a stamp thread does help people stay out of harms way, just like pillreports does

People who roll should have the same harm reduction resources as people who use smack.... Especially on a site whois main goal is Harm reduction as they claim

I appreciate the thought Unbreakable but, I think it's best if we just deal with this shit in house for now. The Changes thread is not even a week old and no one has made a decision either way. I hear you player.

I was thinking that it can be run like the legal discussion forum. All posts need to be approved by mods.

I think one of the major differences is the way the markets work. There aren't usually people out on the block pushing MDMA. From what I remember the stamp thread had on occasion caused the very harms you guys claim it helps eliminates because of dealers finding out about the thread and shilling it. Pillreports also suffers from shills as well.

Like amapola mentioned as well, it's much harder to push a fake pill than it is to stamp a bag and put whatever in there.

I really don't think that dealers found out about the stamp thread on this site. I think it was different batches, same stamp. It's not out of the question, but also someone will get called out if all of there ratings are too high, so a new poster that is always rating things too high can easily be picked out.

Hell if anything, it might make dealers put out better product if they knew about the site. Free publicity.

how so, given there's absolutely no way to know that the substances in two similarly-marked bags are the same?

alasdair

Sometimes you get really shitty dope cut with who knows what, this way if people run into bad dope they can inform other people to stay clear. Thus Harm reduction

No you cant know 100% whats in the bags, same as XTC pills you never know 100% what you will get, even with the EZ testing kits they don't test for everything.

Around NJ/NY the stamps are put on at the distribution centers and glued shut(to avoid low level tempering), so generally they are all pretty damn similar in strength and such since they came from the same distribution hub

Last edited:
^ I would also add that there may be 150,000 of the same stamp bags made from the same batch of heroin at the distribution hub. That would make the thread pretty useful if that stamp is in one city.

still, it's just guessing - sure, perhaps it's a slightly more educated guess - but it's guessing nonetheless.

alasdair

It's hard to explain but do the people that are saying it's bad do heroin? In stamps? I'm not tryin to come off all wrong or like a dick, but it's just a game you can't understand until you've did it for a while. I mean yeah there's the chance you get some fire Friday mornin and bullshit of the same name the next day, but in my experience it's few and far between. Like I said in the other thread I didn't post here when the stamp thread was up but I was lurking and it was an invaluable resource, I was just to paranoid to contribute then.

It seems like most of the posts about the stamp thread were from major dope cities like Newark/Paterson/Philly/Pittsburgh and usually when a stamp is around a place like that (well Pittsburgh is about all I can speak for) the dudes that are sellin it aren't like bustin' open bricks and dumpin out bags of dope and recuttin it because it's rediculously cheap and there's no need to. So a lot of times if dope is fire it will be fire till the stamp changes and if it's bullshit it'll be bullshit til the stamp changes. It's a well practiced junky skill to call/ask everybody you know what the fire stamp is thats out, and it can only help to have any additional resources.

It seems to me like more often then not it would be (and was) helpful. Obviously anybody could go out and buy a bunch of glassines, some stamps that replicate fire stamp names put some bullshit in em and post on the block but somebody could buy a pill press to. Either way to me ex is an illegal street drug and so is heroin regardless of where it's sold, there's going to be shady assholes takin advantage of people regardless of if your in the club or the hood. So while it might not be for sure 100% trust worthy information, it'd be better then what we got most of the time now (nothing besides hope).

Edit: damn like 3 people posted in the time I typed that haha fuckin nodded to hard. Anyways, I also just wanted to add about 150,000+ bags bein packaged at the same time, I've read on here about fire bags in Jersey, then got the same bag like 3 days later and it was fire. So while it is a guess, usually it's a pretty fuckin good one.

^ I guess a better term would be accurate.

Like most of the time, if a stamp rated in philly as a 7, was a 7 when he got it, and not a 4. This way, he knew to proceed with caution, and do less than the normal dose, possibly preventing an OD.

^ but he still has no idea what's in his bag. again, it could be anything...

alasdair

I'm judgin by the fact your in CA you probably never really was involved in stamps (Sorry if I'm wrong), but I'd measure it at like 95% haha. It's the same thing with the bad/dangerous stamp thread, who's to say the people that bought those stamps didn't just get burnt on their bags by some shady fuck and I got the same bags and they was great? You don't know for sure, but it's still worth having to maybe have somebody think a little extra before they're speedin away from the dope block, run into the nearest bathroom and bang 5 bags and die.

It's just to me (having not been an active poster during) it seems like if the stamp thread had 3 runs (3000 posts, right? I ain't sure but I think) it damn sure must of helped a good bit of people, my self included. There's another drug forum with a stamp thread and I look back on posts like 2 years ago and people sayin "aw yeah the black and gold bags was fire" and I think damn those was nice. There's no way to be sure, but it would do more good then harm, because of how the dope game works. If you woulda tried explaining this to me when I didn't do dope I woulda been like man anybody could package that shit just like you, but that's not how the game works.

Again I'm not tryin to be a dick, but what is your agruement for the pills? What stops somebody from repressing pills, it wouldn't be hard for a cartel to find a fire e pill and press 100,000 up real quick. There's really no way to be sure about that either.

^ but he still has no idea what's in his bag. again, it could be anything...

alasdair

It's more a matter of knowing the potency in most cases. Yes, every now and then there will be a bad cut that can be brought to the attention of mods, and can be seen by other members so they know to stay away. But different potency is the main problem, and it can be easier to tell here since it is branded, rather then in balloons like other places.

So if somebody shoots up 5 bags of average (5) dope, lets say at .1 a bag, %50 pure for arguement sake. Thats normally a 250mg shot of dope they do.

Now, if a "fire" (7) stamp comes around, at %80 pure, those 5 .1 bags is now 400mgs if my math is right. Doing an extra 150mg in a shot is sure to be dangerous.

All my numbers are hypothetical, but can be applied to this.

Perhaps a stamp thread saves users money, but does it somehow protect them from something that just testing a small amount of a batch first doesn't do?

PillReports would be rendered useless if everyone tested their pills except for saving money as well. It's just a hell of a lot easier to test dope than pills as no special equipment is needed.

If this was a proposal for a warning system to announce when H is cut with fent etc. then it would be a good idea. If there is also going to be reports of bunk heroin where the only advantage is people not buying it to save money and perhaps take a lot of it because they heard bad things then there is no benefit that I can see.

A bad pill leaves you tripping out with a pounding heart and other dangerous effects, bad dope leaves you dissatisfied and wanting more.

Status
Not open for further replies.