• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Heroin Overdose

Glad you're ok Angel.

If anyone is worried about it (and you should be; it can happen to anyone for various reasons that don't even have to do with amounts such as place and how comfortable you are, your metabolism, what else you've taken, etc), I would check your area's resources to see if there is a local needle exchange that offers narcan (naloxone). I know they do in Wisconsin here in the US and I'm sure other states do as well. It's a FANTASTIC thing to have on hand.

Thank you. I've never heard anywhere around me having narcan. I got it in the er through iv. But I should look in to it . I usually don't do heroine. But that day I slipped up. I'm on suboxon program. Been clean forv2 years. It took Me one time to almost die. Scary

Thank you. I've never heard anywhere around me having narcan. I got it in the er through iv. But I should look in to it . I usually don't do heroine. But that day I slipped up. I'm on suboxon program. Been clean forv2 years. It took Me one time to almost die. Scary

It's not just for you, though. If you spend any amount of time around opiate users, it's a good thing to have and know how to use. I gave mine to my dealer because I get high alone, so it wouldn't do me any good, but he's around people getting high all the time so it has the most potential benefit in his hands.

I know this is an old thread also this my first post ever iv O'D twice (well first one 100% OD but 2nd blacked out but no paramedics needed or narcan) first time i drunk hell of alot also this was my first time iv heroin and i went under at someones house who i didnt really know, well they really helped me... they took me outside and left me for dead basically. all i remember is him pushing down on the plunger going to sit down then waking up in a hospital with some stranger and told me where they found me. VERY VERY grateful for him. but i felt no pain or anything. if your going to do it always do it with someone! well someone you trust, who wont just leave you.

Welcome to BL!
You were very lucky to have people help you instead of calling the cops.
I often read about people having OD in their first time.
I suppose it´s difficult to know how much to use at first, and if you get the right quantity you never know if it´s cut, etc, etc.

Yes wez that would be a good this to do. Get it and give it to the person who is always with me. But I'm staying clean now. Hopefully.

For me I just kind of woke up with everyone looking really worried and then pissed. Kind of like "Why am i on the floor, why does everyone look pissed?"

I od'ed today for the first time ever, and I've been on and off (mostly on) using for almost ten years.

I was buying from someone new and I knew it was great stuff so I started small but I had been doing speed, so I figured I'd need a little more to even me out. Wrong.

Next thing I know I'm soaking wet and this crazy bitch has all the taps in the hotel room running on full, flooding me and washing away prints and evidence. They were getting ready to GTFO and leave me there to die. And I am not even kidding right now.

Dont try new shit in new places, your lucky your ass didnt die....sounds weird but your physical location can have a lot to do with your tolerance and especially when you mix in new dope

Dont try new shit in new places, your lucky your ass didnt die....sounds weird but your physical location can have a lot to do with your tolerance and especially when you mix in new dope

Oh I know. I had done this product twice before and I knew how potent it was. But I haven't really eaten or slept for a few days due to a kidney stone, so I think that was the culprit more than anything.
I guess I"m glad they turned on the water, because I'm pretty sure that's what made me come to. ANd when I did, all their shit was packed and everything was wiped clean of prints and they're by the door getting ready to leave my ass there

It was just a new connect, first time meeting, and my stupid ass decides to get down there because I had to drive a long ways and it hurts my back.

I'm really apathetic about it to be perfectly honest. But I guess now I know what it's like.

I od'ed today for the first time ever, and I've been on and off (mostly on) using for almost ten years.

I was buying from someone new and I knew it was great stuff so I started small but I had been doing speed, so I figured I'd need a little more to even me out. Wrong.

Next thing I know I'm soaking wet and this crazy bitch has all the taps in the hotel room running on full, flooding me and washing away prints and evidence. They were getting ready to GTFO and leave me there to die. And I am not even kidding right now.

That is pretty heavy. Glad you are not dead
goes to show that even experienced opiate/iod user can make mistakes. we are only human

I am sure you've been through a lot worse than that Wez because you are strong person

They tried to leave you for dead? i would never see them ever, ever again. even if they are ur dealer

^yar good advice. there are so many variables and sometimes it's easy to forget one of them

Thanks, zzs. Scarier probably was that time I got kidnapped by two huge gangsters on the south side of Chicago and held in a pay by the quarter hour hotel room until I shot up, almost shot up vodka, and proved I wasn't a cop

If you can't tell, I have a habit of putting myself in moderate to severely idiotic situations because my apathy is quite pervasive.

sounds like it makes for an interesting albeit potentially short life

I od on Friday. And I didn't iv. First time for That and my last time. It's how I found this site. I was doing up the nose since night before. Woke up in the morning. Kinda slowed breathing but didn't think anything of it. Went and got my hair done. Took a nap. And woke up to the door bell. It was my son's gma. Let her in and went back in the bedroom to snort another small line. And another. Last thing I remember is running into the wall and telling her sorry. I blacked out but apparently walked out to the car with my purse and keys. She was driving. I od in her car. Was told my step dad met us. Picked me up outta of car and transferred me to his. Drove me to the er. Walked in the door and they put me on a stretcher. Shocked me. Had no heartbeat. Hooked me up to ivs heart monitor and oxygen. Finally opened my eyes and couldn't remember a thing. Started bawling and thought I was brain dead. This went on for 15 mins. Finally I calmed down and saw them putting something in my iv. They said it was medicine to make me feel better. Fucking bitches. It was narcan. Sat straight up and puked. Started crying asking why they would do that to me. Went through the worst withdrawal in my life. I ripped my oxygen tube ripped all my heart monitors and threw them everywhere. Nonsense. But they saved my life. That's my story.

Narcan is like that indeed and most people don´t want to take it even if they are dying. They do save you though. Not so much they can do about the sudden withdraws. But they saved your life! And you are probably much more careful now..

Yes for sure. That was like death itself. It was horrible and I felt so helpless. I've been on suboxon for 2 years. And I fucked up. I messed up one time and overdosed. I can only imagine if I would of iv'd that shit. I Def would by dead. And I hate my child's gma . For some odd reason I had her come in my house (which she never does) if it wasn't for her and all the nurses I'd still be laying on my floor dead. I am forever truly grateful. P. S. Narcan sucks ass big time. I can still taste it when it got put in my iv

Narcain only lasts a few minutes so you only feel like shit for about 20 minutes. I've had narcain, walked out of the hospital 15 minutes later then after another 15 minutes found myself on the nod again.