View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Methoxetamine Thread - The 3rd Dose

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a fascinating compound. About 30mg IM is enough for me to 'hole' with some tolerance. The whole was not anything like my exerience with k-holes. When I used K, the hole was chaotic and intense, and I very much forgot about where I was, what I was doing, how much time had passed. With M, I could open my eyes at nearly any time and be more-or-less back in a room that more-or-less resembled the room that I was in. I could get up and walk to the toilet, albeit with some difficulty.

Thoughts were sharp & insightful, if somewhat difficult to direct and hold onto. Really, really interesting stuff.

Um....stay very far away from 6-APB. Seriously. At first you'll enjoy it, but something goes very wrong very quickly. You will most likely get serotonin syndrome, and get it pretty serious.

I often do mxe following on from 6 or 5-apb (at least 8-10 hours after last dose) - and i find that really good - more magical and slightly more visual than mxe alone for me (the left over serotoniney stuff?); and it seems to couneract the residual stimulation/comedown effects of 6/5-apb a bit for me too (and brings a natural conclusion to the experience (i like k after md for similar reasons)). All my best mxe experiences have been after a night of 6- or 5-apb.

i don't know about doing it when the 6-apb is in full swing though (2-8 hours), what with possible dopamine-related complications noted above; (but then i don't usually want to until later anyway)

Cheers i did a bit of searching ill stick with the amt/mxe ;)

[QUOTE With M, I could open my eyes at nearly any time and be more-or-less back in a room that more-or-less resembled the room that I was in. I could get up and walk to the toilet, albeit with some difficulty.[/QUOTE]

Sounds very familiar! Thats with I really like bout MXE, warping in and out of it.

Cheers i did a bit of searching ill stick with the amt/mxe ;)

I've pretty much decided that mixing MXE with other drugs is asking for trouble. Once, with MDAI, I experienced symptoms approaching serotonin syndrome. On the back of someone saying they had fun combining 5-APB with MXE, I tried this also. To begin with it was awesome, but the effects from the MXE never quite went away. My vision became gradually more 'unstuck', and I started to twig that something seriously wasn't right. I duno what happened exactly, but I remember battling with all the will power within me to remain conscious. Bits of my body became numb, with shivers of numbness running down me. The feedback loop was unbearable. The peak of this lasted about 2-3 hours, and oh thankfully it began to slowly subside. Bleugh stick with the AMT I say. Or just enjoy MXE on its own. I sure won't ever combine it with anything ever again. Only took two bad experiences....even rats have more common sense than me it seems :! Fuck sake...

Last edited:
I had a pretty interesting weekend involving a range of dissociatives. I was at a music festival, on Friday I did AMT/MXE, was great... on the saturday I did over 100mg of MXE, a gram of ketamine and I did 15mg of 3MeoPCE at the same time, oh and about 30 ballons all in the same night... it was good except I felt quite empty at the end of the night... and unfortunately the majority of experience was spent in a ridiculous queue to get into Aphex Twin who ended up being a let down... this was my first time mixing significant doses of ketamine/MXE and certainly the first time getting 3MeoPCE involved... I enjoyed the experience but the 3MeoPCE had quite a physically cold feeling along with some mental loopiness...it's kinda hard to describe but the experience was interesting, felt safe enough... I've done larger doses of 3MeoPCE before and I don't really find it that similar to MXE, obviously more so than ketamine, but it's quite different, crazier, I've had fun with it in a maniac kind of way, but it is so much less lucid, I've had moments on it where I've forgotten who I was, where I was, etc and periods where I could only focus on 3 objects at once... be it people, places, things, only 3 in a triangle... very hard to describe... I've also had moments of sinister paranoia on 3MeoPCE, where all faces looked sinister....but 3meoPCE does have that warm blanket effect, it's just all the mental stuff that is different... and this oddly cold feeling....

Unfortunately, the weekend ended really quite badly... someone who was doing MXE for the first time took too much, he was helping himself to lines without anyone knowing... pushed it way too far... ended up in a completely distant state, it was really terrifying, he was lucky he was indoors with friends because he was acting so bizarrely he would've got sectioned.... and I'll be honest, the thought of sectioning him crossed my mind, it was a terrible experience... he basically became super unresponsive, but still moving around, eyes wide open, he couldn't respond to questions, just starring at people, then when he would speak it would be words repeated, at one point he was spinning his head like the exorcist.... this went on for hours, we thought he might not come out of it....and he had to be coaxed back to reality slowly... it was bizarre, freaky, the scariest drug experience I've ever had... someone losing their mind right in front of eyes..... it was especially annoying because we couldn't have been clearer about the dangers of the drug and we were very stringest who we gave it to and we didn't give it to him.. he was taking it from one of friends supplies, who had left it on the table.. it turns out this guy has had issues with drug binges & mental issues before and we didn't know anything about this until afterwards.... I think he must've had about 150mg over the 3 days, but this was without any tolerance/sleep... he told us he sneaked about 6 or 7 lines when he came out of it... really foolish, but this is drug fiends for you. I gave him a serious guilt trip the next day, I'm sure he's learned a lesson.

Anyway, yeah, he finally came out of it at about 8am on Sunday, thank fuck, he had a very interesting experience, he said he was watching the whole weekend as if it was a movie, he could hear everything that was being said to him but he felt as though he consciousness wasn't in that reality, the freakiest thing was that he would watch himself and his weekend in a loop and that it would go forwards and then backwards... must've been quite terrifying.... I'm not sure if this was really a psycotic experience, it sounds like he got into a very deep hole and couldn't get out of it... I found it interesting how the experience sounded a lot like ibogaine, based on recent ideas/discussion... but what a fucking a idiot, I'm glad I didn't give it to him, and that's he alright now, but just let be a warning to anyone who wants to push it beyond it's limits and/or leaves MXE lying around.... I don't understand how he kept on going, because alarm bells must've been ringing, he just wasn't listening to them.

Another thing I've learned is that it can be quite odd doing MXE in groups, because everyone is different and where as I am tolerant to dissociatives, some people will be tripping full blown and yet look exactly the same and are completely respondant/on the ball/ you'd never know they were tripping... and in this case it actually took us a while to realise he had lost the plot...

So anyway, the weekend was 33% amazing/ 33% let down / 34% horrific nightmare

Sounds Fab :) Confuse the confused!

and always remember to have a laugh afterwards !

Um....stay very far away from 6-APB. Seriously. At first you'll enjoy it, but something goes very wrong very quickly. You will most likely get serotonin syndrome, and get it pretty serious.

I have now heard statements like this a couple of times now. If anyone wants to help me improve my laziness by providing a brief summary of what's is happening or has happened with this issue (i.e notable events, speculative/probable/known explanation of pharmacological reason and/or vendor errors and/or irresponsible actions of users that lie at the cause of whatever it is that is going on), I would be greatly appreciative.

Cheers,

-Saucy :)

Ive been doing this daily for a week, at first it was a really trippy thing I enjoyed now I am really hitting epiphanies with it, I've nearly ran out now, so I'm going to have one last big dose, see how it goes then never buy this stuff again, and earlier today I did have a mild oev! In the semi dark, crawling(seemed like the right thing to do) up the stairs, I started to see Orange circle with black dots in, somewhere in the darkness of one of the steps, wierd! Nice drug, lots of intraperspnal revelations after a few days of use, to answer a question posted earlier. Dont remember all that mich but many trippy, revelation moments that'll live with me forever, interesting chemical. Reply if you have had the same experience, or maybe even questions? I'm no expert on it mind, lol

Whoa "hey first timer plug this" sounds no good to me.
15 mgs sublingual for a first timer is about right.

What's wrong with first time users administering the drug intrarectally?

30 was pretty intense.

About 30mg IM is enough for me to 'hole' with some tolerance.

OK, when I read socalthizzn's post, I assumed that he/she must be sensitive to the drug and have little to no tolerance, but then f1ct says that he/she 'holes' with 30mg despite a notable tolerance? Is this common that people are considering dosages in this range intense and/or hole-inducing?

I've pretty much decided that mixing MXE with other drugs is asking for trouble. Once, with MDAI, I experienced symptoms approaching serotonin syndrome. On the back of someone saying they had fun combining 5-APB with MXE, I tried this also. To begin with it was awesome, but the effects from the MXE never quite went away. My vision became gradually more 'unstuck', and I started to twig that something seriously wasn't right. I duno what happened exactly, but I remember battling with all the will power within me to remain conscious. Bits of my body became numb, with shivers of numbness running down me. The feedback loop was unbearable. The peak of this lasted about 2-3 hours, and oh thankfully it began to slowly subside. Bleugh stick with the AMT I say. Or just enjoy MXE on its own. I sure won't ever combine it with anything ever again. Only took two bad experiences....even rats have more common sense than me it seems :! Fuck sake...

It makes sense that MDAI combines dangerously with methoxetamine, as I explained in some detail on the last page.

It takes no stretch of the imagination to believe that 5-APB could create a dangerous interaction when taken in combination with methoxetamine as well. 5-APB releases dopamine, likely in very large quantities relative to most drugs with dopaminergic properties based on the fact that its structure would imply direct action as a substrate on the dopamine active transporter. Methoxetamine inhibits the reuptake of dopamine rather strongly.

Both drugs increase blood pressure, and do so in a manner that could result in larger increases than would be implied by simply adding the increases produced by each drug administered individually. I would have no trouble believing that in large enough dosages, this action could be exacerbated to lethal levels by the massive flood of dopamine and simultaneous overstimulation of the central nervous and cardiovascular systems that could be produced by a combination of these drugs.

Moreover, your suggestion that people "stick with the AMT" as a drug to combine with methoxetamine is a little absurd. There are countless psychoactive drugs that would be expected to be less harmful in combination with methoxetamine than AMT, the most obvious of which would be dozens of serotonergic psychedelics that are available either through grey market vendors or from "traditional" drug dealers. Such a combination would, in fact, be expected to be LESS harmful than the same dosage of methoxetamine on its own, given the well-documented phenomenon in which 5-HT2a agonists reduce the neurotoxicity of NMDA antagonists like methoxetamine.

Ive been doing this daily for a week, at first it was a really trippy thing I enjoyed now I am really hitting epiphanies with it, I've nearly ran out now, so I'm going to have one last big dose, see how it goes then never buy this stuff again, and earlier today I did have a mil

Daily???

scale it back dude. regardless of tolerance, psychedelic use that frequent is just a waste... the brain gets used to certain effects and just start blocking them. NOVELTY is key to the mind in general and plays a large part in the "wonder" of psychedelic experiences. you have to go back to baseline before you really sense the mountain peak as a peak... otherwise the brain just adjusts to see the peak into a new baseline and the psychedelic may not seem as profound as you would hope.

I suggest waiting at least a week maybe 2 then doing that last dose. it will be MUCH MUCH more interesting fun and satisfying, believe me.

^^^ This is good and seasoned advice here, both in regards to methoxetamine and the much larger world at large :). The planes accessed by arylcyclohexylamines in particular can be bashed and buttoned up with repeated use. . . it gets progressively smaller and smaller, and you just black out as you up the dose to try and capture it again. A good portion of it is lost forever.. . I still enjoy my NDMA antagonists, but the experience has a fraction of the depth it did 15 years ago, and this is due almost strictly to overuse. I've taken long breaks (multiple years) and a large aspect of the experience never (or very rarely!) returns. I miss it.....I can feel wistful about it sometimes, and wish I woulda had some foresight and restraint because I think I could appreciate the experience more now. . .It is incredibly seductive, and certain types of people get sucked in with an irresistible urge. I've seen many great minds of a conventional 5HT psychedelic ilk dive in to the arylcyclohexylamine pool and more often than not they get torn apart and blasted if they fall into excessive and compulsive patterns of use. Think about it....A psychedelic that is intensely comfortable. . . no anxiety involved in most aspects . . and opens inconceivable worlds at the flip of a switch, places of infinite capacity where everything is in its right place. How can this not be a sirens song? They are a thinking mans heroin! Amazing how "addictive" certain mindstates can be!

Not at all trying to fear monger hear, I think these substances are oh so very valuable, and I would encourage most people interested in traditional psychedelics to give em a go. The benefit still outweighs the potential harm in most situations, if common sense is used. If you are a fan of psychedelics, have an addictive personality, and have easy access, you might find yourself in hot water with dissociatives. Being deep into them produces a bizarre mind state bearing a lot of the hallmarks of classic shizophreniform disorders. It can be deeply unsettling. There is often the delusion of "the answer" being right around the corner, or some attainable prize just up ahead, a few more riddles....

Those capable of using these chemicals responsibly have an amazing tool at their disposal, something that is capable of being an ally for life. I still believe there is much therapeutic potential that we have yet to learn how to harness , both psychologically and pharmacologically. Also, they are really fucking fun and interesting and make for great recreation.

I will firmly state however that it just isn't a good idea to take them all of the time.

(easier said than done sometimes, I know!)

Use restraint, save some of the magic for the rest of your life! It goes away and never comes back!

CHEERS

Last edited:
Think about it....A psychedelic that is intensely comfortable. . . no anxiety involved in most aspects . . and opens inconceivable worlds at the flip of a switch, places of infinite capacity where everything is in right place. How can this not be a sirens song? They are a thinking mans heroin! Amazing how "addictive" certain mindstates can be!

+1 I couldn't have said it better myself.

Use restraint, save some of the magic for the rest of your life! It goes away and never comes back!

One great regret in my life is that I did not heed this advice. Overuse of ketamine and DXM left me with a significant tolerance that I was never able to shake, then a few reckless combinations involving DXM caused the magic of dissociatives to be lost forever (and neutered anything with enactogenic value to boot, but I digress).

I can still get high off of huge doses (100mg+ methoxetamine, etc.), and I can still produce the occasional interesting experience by consuming an even more massive dosage in combination with a tryptamine, but I would give an arm and a leg just for the chance to do it over again, pace myself, use restraint, and avoid the reckless use that has lost me something wonderful.

one combo i have found, and probably will get slammed for becuase we all know Erics products are rank. but "magic" containing "EC3" whatever the fuck that is...(hence the problem)...with mxe really was the most awesome experience yet. the EC3 had me agitated and i thought i would come down with MXE...this did not happen i just got propelled into a different universe. not done this combo since but will again. throughout the day were talking .5gram of EC3 followed by a "bump" of maybe 10mg MXE to test the come down (was having a tight chest).

i went to bed. next thing i know im struggling to do a 100mg line without falling over...

it took off from there.

Yeah I agree with all of this, going to wait a week, give or take a day. I guess in a way itseemed like the mindset is addictive which is why I'm not going to buy it again, its been a strange week that feels like a strange year atleast, thanks for the advice!

combining utterly unresearched chemicals with unknown powders of unknown purity is very very ill advised, if not outright stupid. That's a pretty easy way to off yourself or end up in the hospital. Not only would that be a bad day for you & you friends & family, but it also bring unwarranted negative attention to the drug & the scene in general. Please don't do this.

/obligatory slam

Plus supporting people like eric by buying his likely toxic concoctions has all sorts of unintended consequences. A buzz simply isn't worth it.

Just in case anyone is curious about semi-long term usage of high MXE doses. I've been using around 2 grams per week for almost 3 months, with the largest break being 5 days, and a few 1 day breaks too - but for the most part, it's been daily usage, usually several 80mg+ doses throughout the day. (Insufflated)
I know that I've been an idiot with this drug, but its seductive qualities had gotten me hooked, whereas I kept telling myself that I could stop at any time - the reality is that this drug is so amazing at killing boredom, and so easy that it's become a habit which has left me wasting my time in a different reality. Fortunately for me, I feel like I've reached the limits of this drug now, so after my stash runs out, I feel as though I can start getting back to normal, and start to be productive once again. :)

Recently I've been feeling the stimulant properties of MXE more than ever, on high doses it feels like I've done a line of MDPV as opposed to a psychedelic - I even had a panic attack (For the first time in 2 years) on it the other night due to the uncomfortable stimulation it gave me. A U-turn from the utter comfort I used to feel whilst on it.

One of the more surprising things is that even with constant abuse, I still don't really feel any hang-overs besides slightly dehydrated and a little tired the next day, the after glow still exists to an extent. I also don't feel manic in any way, I feel like I'm lucky that my body isn't reacting adversely to the abuse.

I kept to a smaller, once-off dose last night, 80mg insufflated once, and to be honest I did prefer it to the constant redosing, it left me feeling quite chilled and focused, so I do suggest that people try to refrain from redosing, it brings out the manic properties.

Another note - I still can't imagine blacking out on MXE, and this is coming from someone who has done 300mg+ in a single day. Sure, if I close my eyes I feel detached from my body and utterly weightless, but at the same time my mind and body are craving to remain active, which is probably from the excessive dopamine.

One thing that I do love MXE for; I've experienced a positive change in my attitude which I believe its responsible for, is that it's reduced my overall anxiety and depression. I don't know if this is due to dumbing me down, but it's a great feeling. I'd imagine it'll disappear after a few weeks of not using MXE, yet I've gotten used to this mindset, so maybe not. Only time can tell!

I'm just posting this for anyone interested in hearing the experiences of someone who's been stupidly abusing MXE daily. I can't stress enough that nobody else fall into the same rut.

Last edited:
^^ Shit man, I pretty much fell into the same thing, but I only used a gram in a week. I just threw the rest out. It is extremely addictive for me. Not so much in the fiending sense, but just that you can take low doses and nobody knows and it makes you feel awesome. I felt so much wittier and interested in everything around me.

And then there are high doses which to me, felt just like nitrous. Nothing really bad came of my abuse, some tolerance, but I don't like feeling like I need a drug to have fun. That is just depressing.

I've been doing 80mg+ doses for a few days now and altho tolerance is getting skyhigh I still get the opiate onsets, the blankets and mild euphoria relief, MXE just calms me down, brings me back home or so it seems. And makes me focused, clearer and ad rem, dissociation is completely gone, if I want that i have to double the dosage.
Afterglow and all day yawning still's there.

just wanted to put my two sense in for the MXE hype..

my buddy ordered an unknown amount and traded quite a fair amount (at least 100-200mg total in trades) over the last two weeks.

so i've been dosing almost everyday, sometimes -- as in only about 2 or 3 since gettign introduced -- taking a day off. sometimes i dose multiple times in a day/night or sometimes just a small dose. my favourite dose is about 20-30mg insufflated (only ROA i've tried). This is perfect for the party scene as a replacement for alcohol (which i dont like to drink due to a lot of negative side effects). just gotta be careful that you put a filter on your mouth and try not to let some secrets out ;)... on that note i do notice some empathy while on MXE...

i like to compare it to weed, in regards that it seems like there is almost nothing wrong with this compound. no burn when sniffing, no adverse effects while in the middle of your experience and also NO COMEDOWN that i have ever noticed. Just an afterglow (this is my favourite part). I even like to do it to fight the comedown of ritalin or adderall, although i cant say it totally eliminates the rit/addy comedowns. but this is only to my knowledge. Sure no psychological effects that i have noticed, but healthwise - nobody quite knows yet. Which makes me think that there must be some kind of bad effects on health because you cant have such a beautiful drug which is *perfect* ... there must be a downside..
also in comparison to weed, i prefer small doses of pot (0.2g max in one session is absolute perfection) and i also prefer small doses of mket when comparing to larger doses of both substances. dont get me wrong though, larger doses of mket are still fun..

still talking about my comparison to pot -- i notice that after creating a habit out of MXE, it seems to start to lose its original magic that it first brought me. Similar to pot like when you're an easy bake when you first start smoking. Dont get me wrong though, i still absolutely love this compound, it doesnt completely stop working lol..

I do believe tolerance builds kind of quick (i mean if you do 50mg one night, you probably want to do 55mg or so the next night to get the same effects). but again like pot, i think taking a day off will lower tolerance build up.

my highest dose was probably about 40mg insufflated followed by about 20mg more one hour later (this is when i had no scale, but i have one now so im comparing my previous doses which were photographed). at this time i didnt have much of a tolerance.. i was pretty much in bliss. very intense experience.

I notice that smoking weed while on methoxetamine gives a synergistic effect. also smoking cigarettes during an experience will intensify the buzz. or smoking on the afterglow will bring your buzz back..

anyways. Hands down one of my favourite drugs.
ps: i dont suggest driving while intoxicated on methoxetamine. AT ALL

Last edited:
felt like dying today. Decided to crack out the 'ol' methoxe stash. Feels like im returning to an understanding friend, or mother. Looking forward to being under its spell again

Status
Not open for further replies.