View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Methoxetamine Thread - The 3rd Dose

Status
Not open for further replies.
The bad news is back in. Unfortunately my university's online access has a one year embargo on full texts so I can't get the details. Anyways, I'll post this in the ketamine thread.

It's funny though, that same issue of Biological Psychiatry has "Exploring the Impact of Ketamine on the Experience of Illusory Body Ownership" in it. "Let's shoot people up with ketamine and make them think they have rubber hands! Tenure please!" .... psychiatrists.

Here's that abstract:
NSFW:
Background: Our sense of body ownership is profound and familiar, yet it may be misleading. In the rubber-hand illusion, synchronous tactile and visual stimulation lead to the experience that a rubber hand is actually one''s own. This illusion is stronger in schizophrenia. Given the evidence that ketamine, a noncompetitive N-methyl-D-aspartate antagonist reproduces symptoms of schizophrenia, we sought to determine whether the rubber-hand illusion is augmented by ketamine. Methods: We studied 15 healthy volunteers in a within-subjects placebo-controlled study. All volunteers carried out two versions of the rubber-hand task, each under both placebo and ketamine infusions. In one task, they saw a rubber hand being stroked in synchrony with tactile stimulation of their real, hidden hand. In the other, stroking of the real and rubber hands was asynchronous. We recorded subjective changes in sense of ownership, as well as participants'' ability to localize their hidden hand. Results: Ketamine was associated with significant increases in subjective measures of the illusion and in hand mislocalization. Although asynchronous visuotactile stimulation attenuates the strength of the illusion during both placebo and ketamine, there remained a significant illusory effect during asynchronous visuotactile stimulation under ketamine compared with placebo. The strength of the illusion during asynchronous visuotactile stimulation correlated with other subjective effects of the drug. Conclusions: Ketamine mimics the perturbed sense of body ownership seen in schizophrenia, suggesting that it produces a comparable alteration in integration of information across sensory domains and in the subjective and behavioral consequences of such integration.

Umm. This area of the brain is tightly linked with dopamine. Not surpicing since schizophrenia is too. Let's hope the obvious dopaminergic activity of the drug is not proportional to the loss of grey matter, because then MXE could be far worse than ketamine in this aspect. Time to order some lithium? 8o

Umm. This area of the brain is tightly linked with dopamine. Not surpicing since schizophrenia is too. Let's hope the obvious dopaminergic activity of the drug is not proportional to the loss of grey matter, because then MXE could be far worse than ketamine in this aspect. Time to order some lithium? 8o

Why would MXE be worse for the loss of grey matter? Because it acts more on dopamine?

Do you think Piroxicam would interact badly with MXE?

It shouldn't have any interaction. Piroxicam acts by inhibiting COX enxymes, which are not involved in metabolism of MXE. It has no effect on dopamine release or reuptake, or on NMDA receptors.

The interactions with opiates interest me. What would happen if I busted a fat line out for a junkie friend? Our entire circle is trying to get this dude to kick, he turned into such an asshole after he started slamming.
hed feel better.

heres my trip report.
I take 99mgs of Methadone daily and 60mgs-45mgs of dex sometimes less or more depending on the day and smoke herb, I have no scale stupid just bumped it. Little dabbles in the grainy powder all I noticed was a increased energetic dream state. NOTHING CRAZY soooo.....

I also want to note it was good for anti depressant effects other than that garbage laying around and fuck this stupid chemical.....my opinion sorry its real and its not intense trip or even remotely like K. I also giggled a LOT on this. Had tons of herbs in me though as in ganja ho!

Does this material have different isomers as does ketamine?

I noticed my second batch feels less cold, trippy, and christmassy than the first (ie. This one is more sedating). I preferred the first. Also this batch burns very slightly more to snort (still almost nothing) so perhaps its just cut.

Does this material have different isomers as does ketamine?

I noticed my second batch feels less cold, trippy, and christmassy than the first (ie. This one is more sedating). I preferred the first. Also this batch burns very slightly more to snort (still almost nothing) so perhaps its just cut.
my grainy stuff has NO taste really and NO burn at ALL. Its supppper white white after I smashed that grainyness up so a more powder form...

Is Methoxetamine really comparable to Ketamine ?

Are they identical ? (Like K-hole and all the other effects associated with Ketamine)

^No. It's most similar to ketamine for me during its onset, but then things diverge quite a bit from there. Read the thread (or search it for mentions of ketamine) and you'll find this discussed.

After lamenting I couldn't find a full-text of the ketamine gray matter reduction study posted by Dondante through my university due to a 12 month embargo, wouldn't you know I found it publicly accessible here.

MXE is my favorite dissociative even though I have been out for a few weeks now.

Low to moderate doses for playing music, lifting, and even social situations has been awesome. The M-hole is ridiculous too, but I prefer to only go there every once in a while due to the amount of time it will surely take me to sleep afterward.

^No. It's most similar to ketamine for me during its onset, but then things diverge quite a bit from there. Read the thread (or search it for mentions of ketamine) and you'll find this discussed.

After lamenting I couldn't find a full-text of the ketamine gray matter reduction study posted by Dondante through my university due to a 12 month embargo, wouldn't you know I found it publicly accessible here.

So Ketamine causes brain shrinkage??!! 8o

Holy crap!

I hope you post this to Ketamine proper threads, PLEASE, so that all the people who are so enamoured of it realize this.

Last edited:
^Be sure to see the "Discussion" section at the end of the paper, which is rather lengthy and detailed, and seems to suggest the shrinkage is caused by free radical damage, meaning that antioxidants taken before/with/after the K might prevent the brain shrink effect.

Gonna take a break after a hectic trip....it knocks you for 6 if your not careful floored me yesturday

This stuff has been a godsend to me people. Methoxetamine taken in small(10-15mg), oral doses is what I consider a real anti-depressant to be like. For the first time in years, I am no longer stuck inside of my head. It is interesting to point out that I am the only one of my friends who feels this way. My friends absolutely love the higher 50-75mg(insufflated) recreational doses but complain about feeling a little wobbly for up to 24 hours after a dose.

If I were to describe methoxetamine, it would be a cross between the anti-anxiety benefits of the benzodiazepines, the physical body high of an opiate, and the motivation/enthusiasm given by amphetamines.

The only thing that concerns me about this substance is that no one knows the long-term effects.

sometimes i get agitated and confused on this... other times i get into a really nice place of feeling cosy, numb and euphoric. everything looks like new. everything becomes epic. ive also noted strange layers of fuckedness, the feeling of my personality changing and strange effects. quite a unique drug, not to be taken lightly

I just tried some for the first time last night, throughout the night I combined with n2o(not enough!!!;)) What a combo!!!!!!, let me add one more exclamation point..!

I'm not even going to attempt to describe those brief moments of ultimate peace, tranquility, understanding and personal enlightenment.

I'm just going to say that I would not reccommend using this research product(well anything over a threshold dose) at a concert, club, or party or anywhere you might go to try to prove to some women how awesome you are...this is definitely something you want to use within the confines of your ultimate comfort zone....it's some weirdly awesome stuff!!

I've never tried K, but I have tried DXM(at some pretty high doses), I can tell DMX is a cousin of MXE....DXM CEV's are extraordinarily, but the after effects, and the dirty feeling are just not worth it. CEV's on MXE were nearly inexistent, but the eye lid movies weren't exactly themselves.

I've read people describing a great afterglow...i'm not getting that, although I did sleep well, I felt very lethargic for the first few hours of the day.

Any major concerns mixing a small dose of this with 4-Fluoroamphetamine?

Any major concerns mixing a small dose of this with 4-Fluoroamphetamine?[/QUOTE]

Whilst high on speed, I seem to notice the 'm-hole' is alot closer (easier to fall into).

I would adjust dosage with this in mind.....

yeah...there has got to be a catch to all of this beauty. This stuff is too perfect...even though I feel like I may have stumbled across something that actually works and fixes something that may be wrong with me, I refuse to believe that everyday usage of this substance doesn't come with some form of a repercussion.

I've gone though roughly 2-3 grams of this substance over the course of a month. At first it was purely recreational, 25mg lines here, 50mg lines there on the weekend which usually added up to well over 100mg a night. Now it has become 10-15mg orally every 3-4 hours taken orally and tolerance is definitely going up. After using everyday for 5 days straight, I am calling it quits so I can analyze the after effects.

yeah...there has got to be a catch to all of this beauty. This stuff is too perfect...even though I feel like I may have stumbled across something that actually works and fixes something that may be wrong with me, I refuse to believe that everyday usage of this substance doesn't come with some form of a repercussion.

I've gone though roughly 2-3 grams of this substance over the course of a month. At first it was purely recreational, 25mg lines here, 50mg lines there on the weekend which usually added up to well over 100mg a night. Now it has become 10-15mg orally every 3-4 hours taken orally and tolerance is definitely going up. After using everyday for 5 days straight, I am calling it quits so I can analyze the after effects.

I think the main repercussion of using MXE as an antidepressant is the fact that one day you will have to stop. If (when) MXE becomes illegal, if you run out of money, if others disapprove of your use, the prospect of living without MXE could be daunting, especially if you use it like this for a year or more. The antidepressant effects of it are almost certainly not permanent, though they may last a good while.

So on top of the unease brought about by not having MXE to hand, the antidepressant effects will wear off and you could be left in quite a bad state.

I love playing Devil's advocate...=D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.