View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Methoxetamine Thread - The 3rd Dose

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's nothing like either MDMA or acid... Honestly I've been reading some things on here which make me despair a bit.

- Shambles going on about his 300mg doses. Normally I like what Shambles has to say a lot, but for fuck sake. From the arrogant-sounding comments, I thought he'd been on the coke, but I don't believe he likes coke.
- People saying 100mg is a decent starter dose. It is, if you have a fuck-off dissociative tolerance (most people do not) or don't use an efficient ROA.
- This candy flip comment.

What's more worrying is these comments are coming from respected, long standing members here. Perhaps it goes to show that respect and length of standing don't stop you talking shite / inappropriately.

Shambles offered himself up as a very real warning of how far disassociative abuse can go. It's a far cry from arrogantly proclaiming 'I was banging seven gram rocks'.

Also there is definitely a honeymoon period with this drug, and many users seem to be caught up in it. This period ended for me the moment my parents walked in and found me under the influence. Now I am left with a psychological dependence that I am struggling to combat. I've given 2 grams away. Flushed a further 3 grams. Yet still come back for more of an experience doesn't feel like it used to anymore.

I'm not a hardened drug user at all, but this drug sure makes me feel like one. And not in a good way.

Everyone using this regularly, be it large doses, small doses, whatever, I have the nagging suspicion that sooner or later you will encounter problems.

EDIT: Such is the nature of bluelight, I have inadvertently chronicled the entire relationship I've had with this drug from the moment I tried it to now through the various incarnations of this thread, and my trip report and whatnot. You couldn't have a better account of the infatuation MXE causes.

Last edited:
100mg is the highest ill go but today i did 15mg and even that was enough to mess me up for hours.

Shambles offered himself up as a very real warning of how far disassociative abuse can go. It's a far cry from arrogantly proclaiming 'I was banging seven gram rocks'.

I know, but I thought his wording was fucking terrible, talking about "dissociative noobs" (happily admit I am one), "30mg-ers" and "smackheads for pussies" I can quite imagine some would see this as a challenge.

Also there is definitely a honeymoon period with this drug, and many users seem to be caught up in it. This period ended for me the moment my parents walked in and found me under the influence. Now I am left with a psychological dependence that I am struggling to combat. I've given 2 grams away. Flushed a further 3 grams. Yet still come back for more of an experience doesn't feel like it used to anymore.

I'm not a hardened drug user at all, but this drug sure makes me feel like one. And not in a good way.

Everyone using this regularly, be it large doses, small doses, whatever, I have the nagging suspicion that sooner or later you will encounter problems.

Don't you think your experience of being caught out your tree by your parents might just flavour your opinion and feelings towards the drug? And drugs in general, by the sounds of it? Also you were doing it all the fucking time if memory serves!

Personally I find bluelight and torrents more dangerously addictive than any drug I've ever tried. Except perhaps booze.

Last edited:
I dont think ive seen itsaid that 100mg is a good place to start.
For Dissociative naive people i would recommend 20-30mg as a good place to start after allergy tests and whatnot.

I know, but I thought his wording was fucking terrible, talking about "dissociative noobs" (happily admit I am one), "30mg-ers" and "smackheads for pussies" I can quite imagine some would see this as a challenge.

Don't you think your experience of being caught out your tree by your parents might just flavour your opinion and feelings towards the drug? And drugs in general, by the sounds of it? Also you were doing it all the fucking time if memory serves!

Personally I find bluelight and torrents more dangerously addictive than any drug I've ever tried. Except perhaps booze.

Yeah, that is what caused me to change my fundamental attitude toward MXE, but the problem is now that I can't seem to fully reign in my use. Like you say, I can thank my previous heavy use for that. I guess everyone has their first uncompromised dive into a substance. Skipping merrily into the trap with my eyes shut and fingers in my ears.

I dont think ive seen itsaid that 100mg is a good place to start.
For Dissociative naive people i would recommend 20-30mg as a good place to start after allergy tests and whatnot.

Well, you did say this: "100mg seems to be a good dose to get a feeling for the psychedelic effects of this drug"... get a feeling for sounds a bit like good place to start.

Personally I've only dosed near 100mg once, most of my doses have been in the 35-75mg range and I have definitely got a feeling for the psychedelic effects at those doses.

My sole ~100mg dose, I can't remember all of it and at the peak it felt like I had been turned into software and loaded into the walls. Whatever that means.

But maybe I'm unusually sensitive, or a pussy...

Last edited:
im not sayng it is. But addction is addiction. Im not trying to argue with you, but ime you cant improve your health & weight with drugs.
Whens the next time you plan to consume mxe?
Ok, but are you actually claiming that there is no such thing as a drug that can improve one's health? Or that there are no such things as weight-loss drugs?8o Please explain, as this makes no sense whatsoever:?

I intend on consuming methoxetamine some time next week when I receive a couple more grams. It's certainly not as if I am 'jonesing' for another hit, but am merely 'tumescent with anticipation';)

Oh, and for a K hard-head like me I find that the psychological addiction potential with this material to be much much less than with ketamine. This also speaks to dosage. Just 50mg with no to little tolerance is enough to blow the roof of my head off8o For a beginner I would not advise useing more than 25mg for a first attempt.

It's nothing like either MDMA or acid... Honestly I've been reading some things on here which make me despair a bit.

- Shambles going on about his 300mg doses. Normally I like what Shambles has to say a lot, but for fuck sake. From the arrogant-sounding comments, I thought he'd been on the coke, but I don't believe he likes coke.

Not coke no. But was extremely drunk, full of benzos and in a very bleak mood. Was the anniversary of a rather traumatic event which sends me "a bit funny" every year. Even when I completely miss the date. Who says drugs affect your memory? 8)

I imagine I posted fuckloads of likely quite nasty, vicious and probably downright stooopid stuff all over the place. It is a drugs forum after all - sometimes people post in states that are not exactly ideal. Especially when external factors are involved that may trigger all kindsa mood swings, stresses and anxieties.

It just so happens that ketamine has often been something I abused excessively to block out certain things at times. Dissociatives are almost too good at that - and cheap enough to afford a pretty major habit with too (depending on where you live maybe). I can only presume that was on my mind too and I'm sure I probably had a point in my rather addled mind but I seriously doubt I managed to express anything of value.

I'm sure my wording of plenty of posts last night was terrible - probably incomprehensible and nonsensical too half the time. I suppose I could go back and check just how much and how bad the spoutings were and edit or delete them but frankly I've got the hangover from hell, am still not exactly in the brightest of moods, and don't really feel like doing much but vegetating in front of a film and hopefully sleeping it off a bit more.

Apologies for all that needs apologising for. I rather dread to think, to be honest :|

^Ah, I knew there had to be an explanation! Hope you're feeling better soon. Please forgive me for laying into you, you're right it is a drug forum and sometimes people post with passion in their heart (or potions in their belly) and the editor is off-duty. <3

Well, you did say this: "100mg seems to be a good dose to get a feeling for the psychedelic effects of this drug"... get a feeling for sounds a bit like good place to start.

Personally I've only dosed near 100mg once, most of my doses have been in the 35-75mg range and I have definitely got a feeling for the psychedelic effects at those doses.

My sole ~100mg dose, I can't remember all of it and at the peak it felt like I had been turned into software and loaded into the walls. Whatever that means.

But maybe I'm unusually sensitive, or a pussy...

i guess i could put a warning in my post about my previous dissociative experience and possibly tolerance.
I definately felt the effects of the drug even at 30mg, but i wouldnt call those effects psychedelic.
Id rate 3mg as a +1.5 on the shulgin scale. Where as by the time i had taken 100mg it was definately a +++.

i surely didnt recomenn anyone start at that dose.

And your sensitivity to the drug doesnt make you a pussy, we all react differently to these things depending on a number of factors. There are certainly some drugs im very sensitive to and others that i require a dose that others may consider high.

Because your experience differs from mine doesnt mean i shouldnt express how it affected me.

Id also like to add that i think 100mg cumulatively isnt going to be as strong as taking it all at once.

Not expecting a warning, Delsyd... I don't know, maybe I'm worrying too much or taking it too seriously but there has recently been Sp33dy's report (http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showpost.php?p=9508357&postcount=556) implying that 100mg was a low dose then yours which in my interpretation implies the same, and of course Shammy's 300mg comments, I have you all categorised as loose cannons. Most people don't read the the thread from start to finish so they might miss the more careful dosing comments.

My pussy comment was sarcastic, I don't think I'm a pussy and nor do I think I'm particularly sensitive, but I don't have much of a tolerance and I dose sublingually.

If you're not getting psychedelic results from 50mg (and don't have a massive tolerance) then can I suggest you change your ROA, insufflation is poor with MXE, stick it up yer bum or under your tongue.

You're right spreading the dose over time will not be as strong as taking it all at once but it's not all that different, there seems to be quite a large window with this chemical for cumulative dosing.

I will be giving IM a shot (pun intended :)) this weekend.
40mg to start.

Our doses have nothing to do with being loose cannons. Most people who are experienced with ketamine will not find 50mg to be a fully enveloping dose.
It is very active at that level, but nowhere near the intensity of 250-300mg of ketamine, which is what im aiming at.

Im well aware of the efficacy of different ROA's, and i was just reporting on snorting it.

i will be doing tests with other ROA's and will report the differences here.
But from what i gathered all ROA's seem to be pretty close in dose with MXE. The difference is in the quality of the trip.

I know that with ketamine IMing is the best ROA, and no matter how much K i snort it will never be the same.

Knockando, people are here to post their experiences with the drug. I dont understand why youre throwing a hissy fit.
If someone comes on here and reads my posts and takes 100mg their first time, they are stupid for doing so, they may be left with a bad trip, something too intense for them, but they will likely be physically safe. And maybe know better the next time.
Im glad we have all these different reports on the substance because its impossible that we would all react the same.

As you can tell from my report i started with 35mg, which seems to be a completely acceptable level to start at.
Was i to not take the drug anymore because i found 35mg unfullfilling while you find it great.
Or am i just not suposed to report my experiences.

You know what, if I had a tolerance for a drug or class of drugs and I was posting a dosage as part of a report I fucking WOULD state that I had a tolerance. Especially if it seemed that my dosage was greater than other people were mentioning.

The effects of 100mg MXE on someone without a tolerance could easily see them doing stupid / dangerous things. Let's remember this is NOT ketamine and you can be fully mobile while manic and dissociated.

As I said, maybe I am taking it too seriously but this is a harm reduction forum is it not? OK you are entitled to post your report and I'm entitled to pull you up for being irresponsible in your omission of the facts.

Last edited:
I did about 70mg in the space of 15 minutes, split into 2 lines because i wasn't going to re dose that night (the lines lasted me the whole night so i didnt have to re dose..... and i didn't those 2 lines lasted me a long time, and i felt the lingering after effects.... if you do it all at once it will obviously be stronger....I prefer the spread the dose out....... overall a wonderful drug...

I just got a gram of supposed methoxetamine, 10mg made me feel very heavy, trippy and drunk. Just bumped 25mg and feeling the psychdelic gravity making mashed potatoes of my muscles and brain. This is a serious tool and I hope we get a grip on how to work with it.

Either I got bunk or you probably weigh only 90 lbs.....tried for the first time around 5-10mg. sublingually(weigh 167 lbs.) got a mild DXM like effect for a few hours,mild mood lift and (possible placebo) "after-glow" for a few days....didn't realise my supplier was not "official". Will have to up the dose....the experiments must go on....will never quit....never!!!=D

As I said, maybe I am taking it too seriously but this is a harm reduction forum is it not? OK you are entitled to post your report and I'm entitled to pull you up for being irresponsible in your omission of the facts.

I apologize for not catering to the lowest common denominator.
Like i said before if someone is stupid enough to not do their research and dose based off my one post, they shouldnt be messing with these drugs to begin with.
I based my doses on reports from here and other forums.

I encourage everyone to do their research and always start low with this and every substance that they try.

And i commend you Knockando for upholding HR.
I just dont see my post as being anti-HR.

If i was asked where should a noob start with this stuff id say 30mg. :)

to be frank I think your talk about stupid people and the lowest common denominator is anti-HR and also an over-simplification but I'm too tired to try and convince you! so in the meantime i'll just accept your apology :p

MXE + Xanax?

Does anyone know how xanax or other benzos are likely to interact with MXE?

I usually have some on me when doing psychedelics as a precaution and I find just knowing I can reduce the trip is enough to prevent 'out of control/bad trip/panic' feelings from developing.

Also if I remember correctly, benzos are often co-administered with ketamine to reduce the psychoactive effects, so I would imagine it would be effective but with some reports of shallow breathing with MXE, might this be a bad idea?

Any direct experiences with this combo?

Also there is definitely a honeymoon period with this drug, and many users seem to be caught up in it. This period ended for me the moment my parents walked in and found me under the influence.

Totally agree!, I think I started using mxe around the same time as you as far as I know and basically used it every night from September/October 2010 to February 2011 although I have not chronicled my use for others to learn from as you have I feel I am well versed in the use of mxe. I found myself caught in a rhythm, not an addiction to the best of my knowledge . I found myself infatuated with the drug and the novelty of it, the idea of being part of something new. But it took until I had three extremely manic trips on it ( one resulting in me being injured after running around Kent in a manic haze at 4 in the morning thinking that I was super fit and being numb didn't notice the huge gash in my leg) that I decided it was a good idea to pack the baggie in the cupboard and leave it for a while, which I found easy to do.

Since then I have only touched it twice and have introduced some others to it, a few drug new comers, one severely depressed friend who the drug did wonders for and a couple hardened Ket heads, one of which has totally embraced mxe and uses it often and the other has no love for it.

Im also intrigued as to why I have heard so little from the media about mxe?:\

Status
Not open for further replies.