Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Methoxetamine Thread - The 3rd Dose

Status
Not open for further replies.
ps: i dont suggest driving while intoxicated on methoxetamine. AT ALL

i certainly hope this goes without saying. even 12mg of mxe turns me into a sloppy drunk when i try walking around, i would hate to see how one might respond behind the wheel.

Just in case anyone is curious about semi-long term usage of high MXE doses. I've been using around 2 grams per week for almost 3 months, with the largest break being 5 days, and a few 1 day breaks too - but for the most part, it's been daily usage, usually several 80mg+ doses throughout the day. (Insufflated)

Thank you for sharing your experience. I know I am not the only one who is glad to see a report from someone who has used this drug in excess. If there are other people out there who have used this drug in high dosages for prolonged periods of time, please share your experiences as well. This kind of stuff is valuable info, and not only because it contributes to our understanding of the drug's toxicity and long-term effects.

it just occurred to me maybe someone can answer this. I saw it mentioned earlier in the thread.

burn out from dissociatives stopping the "trip"/hole effect.

I have taken DXM a few time, at high doses first time was a gram and it was a faceplant. absolute 24hours of hell mixed with traveling through the universe. visuals such as zooming in on the tiniest atom in the universe zooming out to the entire universe. infinity. and beyoned. as well as time freezes etc. (I love this and its what im chasing. is this possible with MXE? ir not what?)

more sensible doses..ok well 500mg average maybe 10times Ive "holed" like this. but not again. I have never taken ketamine, mxe slightly but not holed properly. is this enough to cause the burn out? DXM has no effect on me anymore. whatsover. MXE slightly but not even close.

Also "quetiapine" I hear blocks the effects of DXM, would it also MXE? - if so what would be the amount of time to let quetiapine leave your body to stop it blocking the effects? if it does....

HR Warning, its possible some vendors are selling MXE cut with DXM or just DXM as MXE be aware.

DXM has many contradictions with many things.

stay safe, just say know.

Last edited:
HR Warning, its possible some vendors are selling MXE possibly cut with DXM or just DXM as MXE be aware.

DXM has many contradictions with many things.

DXM has a FOUL taste. and it would not "melt in the mouth" (as MXE does) without you spitting it everywhere. sublingual test would im sure show any quantity of DXM. it is disgusting.

you also cant snort it without spending 3hrs blowing what feels like corrosive acid out of your nose. maybe another test.

good tip.

oh, what contraindications with what? do they also apply to MXE?

DXM has a FOUL taste. and it would not "melt in the mouth" (as MXE does) without you spitting it everywhere. sublingual test would im sure show any quantity of DXM. it is disgusting.

you also cant snort it without spending 3hrs blowing what feels like corrosive acid out of your nose. maybe another test.

good tip.

DXM has the propensity to cause Serotonin syndrome with many things.

See shambles SS story with "MXE" for clarification"

DXM has a FOUL taste. and it would not "melt in the mouth" (as MXE does) without you spitting it everywhere. sublingual test would im sure show any quantity of DXM. it is disgusting. you also cant snort it without spending 3hrs blowing what feels like corrosive acid out of your nose. maybe another test.

This is pretty much correct, but that doesn't rule out the possibility that idiot vendors could sell dxm to people looking for methoxetamine.

Just to name a few, DXM has contraindications with:
Serotonin Releasers​
Norepinephrine Releasers​
SSRI's and SNRI's​
MAOI's​
A bunch of drugs that have adrenergic effects, nicotenic effects, or effects on various ion channels​
Anything to do with Yohimbe, its analogs, derivatives, or metabolites​

Actually, I think I'm going to create a comprehensive post regarding DXM contraindications, as it is an issue that sadly is often overlooked, and it has caused a lot of people serious problems. Not everything I listed above is absolutely accurate, strictly speaking, but everything in that list should be avoided by the casual user who doesn't know exactly what is going on from a pharmacological standpoint.

Just to point out that I have no idea if what I (rather stupidly) took was DXM or something else entirely. The site in question does sell DXM crystal but have never tried it so couldn't say for sure one way or t'other what it was. It definitely wasn't MXE though. I am on an SNRI and MXE has never caused any problems taken on top of it but this stuff did even at very low dose. The site in question is not an "official" one, fwiw. And it wasn't me that ordered it either - even looks shady as fuck without getting into the official vs unofficial seller stuff. My own fault but if nothing else a reminder to check any samples of anything just in case before diving in fully. If I'd taken my usual size dose I seriously doubt I'd still be here.

DXM is one of the foulest tasting drugs there is IMO. Coupled with the need for around 5x the dose I don't think it's a good cut.

The person who took it who wasn't on an SNRI said there was zero dissociation - just some stimulation and euphoria. Doses required to feel anything (without tramadol in the system) were pretty huge compared to MXE (100-200mg for mild-moderate effects). It's an out and out scam in the case of this site - no attempt to even try to make something resembling MXE I could see. Personally I suspect it was just a random mix of whatever crap they had around and couldn't shift rather than any one particular chem. I'm almost sure I could taste desoxy in there (which they also stock) cos it has a very distinctive taste but it clearly wasn't straight desoxy. Whatever they swept off the floor that morning probably - DXM crystal could have been in there amongst it but I have no idea. The relevant bit is that it really does pay to allergy test every batch of anything you acquire just in case, I'd say.

Ok, have tested this over the past 2 month almost. Really enjoy it. All the different stages, low dose to explosion have their benefits, like I absolutely enjoy taking a low dose and sinking into a book or a good graphic novel or comic, quite magical. Have really not done a lot compared to others here and have been doing it roughly about once a week. It's for me really a novelty - nothing I will overdo even if I have 2gr in the draw. I don't even think about it until I get the urge - which isn't often.
Btw, crawling around on the floor was never so entertaining!

ok. just got home. i have two 1g bags, brought at the same time from the same place. (2g order, came in 2 separate bags). i suspected they were different.

checking them in light now im back to them, one is slightly different colour. and they smell slightly different.

the first was very "poppy tea" and lovely...if you have read any of my other posts you will have heard me moan about not feeling this.

the second was a bit stoney, didnt give me the poppy tea or after glow at higher doses.

it also made my nose run. looking back, dosing with the second whilst away, i was taking much larger doses and not getting the same effect. maybe cut. who knows.

so beware there are iffy batches out there. not to name names, but it was a previously trusted source. :(

im ordering one gram each from a variety of places tomorrow to compare. i have no means to test, if anyone can suggest a kit and directions to do so. let me know and i will do it.

The person who took it who wasn't on an SNRI said there was zero dissociation - just some stimulation and euphoria. Doses required to feel anything (without tramadol in the system) were pretty huge compared to MXE (100-200mg for mild-moderate effects). It's an out and out scam in the case of this site - no attempt to even try to make something resembling MXE I could see. Personally I suspect it was just a random mix of whatever crap they had around and couldn't shift rather than any one particular chem. I'm almost sure I could taste desoxy in there (which they also stock) cos it has a very distinctive taste but it clearly wasn't straight desoxy. Whatever they swept off the floor that morning probably - DXM crystal could have been in there amongst it but I have no idea. The relevant bit is that it really does pay to allergy test every batch of anything you acquire just in case, I'd say.

just saw this.

sounds the same as one of my batches. see above post. shame as was a source that remained trusted.

Yours actually involved MXE though no, Pete? MXE itself shouldn't cause SS as far as I can see even in combo - it's the dodgy sites selling fuck-knows-what as MXE he's talking about, I think. No MXE involved in the situation with me. Just fake (but active) stuff sold under the name.

Also, will be replying to your PM too - been rather ropey since "the incident" and the drastic tramadol taper that followed it but will get there soon enough :)

Yours actually involved MXE though no, Pete? MXE itself shouldn't cause SS as far as I can see even in combo - it's the dodgy sites selling fuck-knows-what as MXE he's talking about, I think. No MXE involved in the situation with me. Just fake (but active) stuff sold under the name.

Also, will be replying to your PM too - been rather ropey since "the incident" and the drastic tramadol taper that followed it but will get there soon enough :)

Cheers Shambles. I'm not as panic stricken as I was when I wrote that, was still suffering the residule effects.

It sure felt like serotonin syndrome ought to feel. Very scary indeed.

Perhaps it was dopamine syndrome (?). Is there such a thing?

It has left me slightly weakened. Motor control is a little more difficult. I smashed about 5 different things at work today. I don't know whether it's my imagination or whether something bad happened up there. Feeling better by the day, mind :)

Last edited:
Ha! Oddly enough that was gonna be the gist of my reply :D

Given your circumstances it did sound more dopamine-related than SS - SS is full-on delirium for hours combined with agonising pain and a temperature high enough to boil yourself alive in your own organs to death (literally - that's what kills ya). It's not something you quibble about if it happens - you just thank fuck you are still breathing and it's finally ended 24-36 hours later. Subtle it ain't...

Funny on the "Dopamine Syndrome" thing. I've long thought there is such a thing. Nowhere near as obviously lethal as SS but plenty enough to scare the living crap out of anyone. Massive dopamine overdose seems to be more likely to cause plain ol' psychosis than a physical/mental syndrome a la serotonin though. Maybe a chemistry bod could chip in?

And glad you're feeling better now - whatever it was was clearly horrid in the extreme <3

so should methoxetamine resemble chalk? and be rather crunchy and not really soluble in water? pretty sure i got ripped off

It should be a very voluminous, very fine, soft and fluffy white powder that dissolves readily in water, I would say. Not crunchy at all, going by all the legit samples I've had. That's hardly definitive as descriptions go though, admittedly...

i have two samples, both of which "crunch" (or at least crumble a bit) under a razor blade... but feeling them through a baggie they are both smooth / well ground / not coarse.

the samples seem to be much more dense than most 2c's and slightly more dense than most jwh's if that helps you any

Status
Not open for further replies.