• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Does caffeine affect opiates?

Whipped Dream

Bluelighter
Did a search on this and there's a lot of stuff about how caffeine helps opiate withdrawls, but I found nothing about taking them together.

Does a large dose of caffeine (200+mg) negatively affect opiate performance when taken together?

^what happened to your avatar man?

It's been a while since I've taken 200mg of caffeine. However, smaller doses (think 75-100mg, like the amount in an older school energy drink, one of the little bottles of Red Bull has 80mg of caffeine) is ideal for combining with more sedating opiates such as morphine, hydromorphone, methadone, etc, if you want to not nod off while doing something important like going to class, working, something like that. So I would say that's positively affecting opiates, but that's just me.

I think it depends on personal preference.

I don't feel caffeine takes away from any drug really including opiates, but I seem to be quite tolerant to it. I know some people are really sensitive to it, but I never got that.

If you wanna stay awake and alert during an opiate high, then sure, go for it.

I took a bunch of 56mg ephedrine and 60mg caffeine with morphine and still nodded soooooooo hard. Probably wasn't enough, but my goal wasn't to escape the nod just heard ephedrine increased euphoria.

I enjoy the nod, without it I don't think I would enjoy opiates. People actually do this? Not my thang.

I enjoy the nod but I also enjoy doing things while high on opiates. Ephedrine works well enough for this, amphetamine works even better.

Red Bull + hydromorphone is a nice combination, provided you don't go overboard with the Red Bull :D

I enjoy the nod but I also enjoy doing things while high on opiates. Ephedrine works well enough for this, amphetamine works even better.

Red Bull + hydromorphone is a nice combination, provided you don't go overboard with the Red Bull :D

What would you say a proper dose of Ephedrine would be to still feel a nod but still be able to do fun things for say a 60mg oxycodone dose?

Basically for a bunch of friends to do it together and not turn into a sleepover but we still enjoy a nod hahahaah.

25mg to start out with, then go to 50mg - 75mg if that doesn't work. It sounds like you've got a tolerance (judging from your post saying you took a lot of 56mg/30mg ephedrine/caffeine pills) so probably better to start at 50mg and work your way up from there. Ephedrine works very well for me for some reason so don't be surprised if you have to go higher than my recommended doses. ;)

opiates on their own tend to give me energy but combined with a stimulant make me mellow

That's the beauty of the speedball, pharmball, whatever you wanna call mixing an amphetamine/ephedrine with an opiate :)

Did a search on this and there's a lot of stuff about how caffeine helps opiate withdrawls, but I found nothing about taking them together.

Does a large dose of caffeine (200+mg) negatively affect opiate performance when taken together?

I don't think caffeine would help opiate withdrawals at all. I'm already panicky enough without caffeine to add fuel to the fire. I don't consider 200 mg (2 cups of coffee) a large dose. My energy drink has more than that in an 8 ounce serving. You'll still get high with the caffeine though. If your prone to anxiety from caffeine that might ruin the high though. I like being 100% anxiety free when I'm taking opiates so it ruins it in that way for me.

25mg to start out with, then go to 50mg - 75mg if that doesn't work. It sounds like you've got a tolerance (judging from your post saying you took a lot of 56mg/30mg ephedrine/caffeine pills) so probably better to start at 50mg and work your way up from there. Ephedrine works very well for me for some reason so don't be surprised if you have to go higher than my recommended doses. ;)

Thanks man, you're always a great help!

opiates on their own tend to give me energy but combined with a stimulant make me mellow

My buddy says for him popping oxy has him nodding but insufflating it has him energetic. Weird.

I have very little caffeine tolerance, and caffeine does next to nothing to combat the sleepiness of opioids.
In fact I just woke up from a nap after taking 85mg caffeine while nodding.

I always enjoy an energy drink with my heroin. More ephoria. Doesn't realy reduce the relaxation.

Right. I'm also testing to see if, while on regular opiate use, caffeine counteracts the reduced gut motility.