Bluelight

Thread: Does caffeine affect opiates?

Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. Collapse Details
    Does caffeine affect opiates? 
    #1
    Bluelighter Whipped Dream's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Southwest U.S.
    Posts
    658
    Did a search on this and there's a lot of stuff about how caffeine helps opiate withdrawls, but I found nothing about taking them together.

    Does a large dose of caffeine (200+mg) negatively affect opiate performance when taken together?
    Reply With Quote
     

  2. Collapse Details
     
    #2
    Senior Moderator
    Basic Drug Discussion
    NeighborhoodThreat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    +1 (627) 826-3789
    Posts
    21,622
    ^what happened to your avatar man?

    It's been a while since I've taken 200mg of caffeine. However, smaller doses (think 75-100mg, like the amount in an older school energy drink, one of the little bottles of Red Bull has 80mg of caffeine) is ideal for combining with more sedating opiates such as morphine, hydromorphone, methadone, etc, if you want to not nod off while doing something important like going to class, working, something like that. So I would say that's positively affecting opiates, but that's just me.

    I think it depends on personal preference.
    Reply With Quote
     

  3. Collapse Details
     
    #3
    I don't feel caffeine takes away from any drug really including opiates, but I seem to be quite tolerant to it. I know some people are really sensitive to it, but I never got that.
    Reply With Quote
     

  4. Collapse Details
     
    #4
    Bluelighter The_Jesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Heaven
    Posts
    168
    If you wanna stay awake and alert during an opiate high, then sure, go for it.
    Reply With Quote
     

  5. Collapse Details
     
    #5
    I took a bunch of 56mg ephedrine and 60mg caffeine with morphine and still nodded soooooooo hard. Probably wasn't enough, but my goal wasn't to escape the nod just heard ephedrine increased euphoria.

    I enjoy the nod, without it I don't think I would enjoy opiates. People actually do this? Not my thang.
    Reply With Quote
     

  6. Collapse Details
     
    #6
    Senior Moderator
    Basic Drug Discussion
    NeighborhoodThreat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    +1 (627) 826-3789
    Posts
    21,622
    I enjoy the nod but I also enjoy doing things while high on opiates. Ephedrine works well enough for this, amphetamine works even better.

    Red Bull + hydromorphone is a nice combination, provided you don't go overboard with the Red Bull
    Reply With Quote
     

  7. Collapse Details
     
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by NeighborhoodThreat View Post
    I enjoy the nod but I also enjoy doing things while high on opiates. Ephedrine works well enough for this, amphetamine works even better.

    Red Bull + hydromorphone is a nice combination, provided you don't go overboard with the Red Bull
    What would you say a proper dose of Ephedrine would be to still feel a nod but still be able to do fun things for say a 60mg oxycodone dose?

    Basically for a bunch of friends to do it together and not turn into a sleepover but we still enjoy a nod hahahaah.
    Reply With Quote
     

  8. Collapse Details
     
    #8
    Senior Moderator
    Basic Drug Discussion
    NeighborhoodThreat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    +1 (627) 826-3789
    Posts
    21,622
    25mg to start out with, then go to 50mg - 75mg if that doesn't work. It sounds like you've got a tolerance (judging from your post saying you took a lot of 56mg/30mg ephedrine/caffeine pills) so probably better to start at 50mg and work your way up from there. Ephedrine works very well for me for some reason so don't be surprised if you have to go higher than my recommended doses.
    Reply With Quote
     

  9. Collapse Details
     
    #9
    Bluelighter Gormur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    1,669
    opiates on their own tend to give me energy but combined with a stimulant make me mellow
    Reply With Quote
     

  10. Collapse Details
     
    #10
    Senior Moderator
    Basic Drug Discussion
    NeighborhoodThreat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    +1 (627) 826-3789
    Posts
    21,622
    That's the beauty of the speedball, pharmball, whatever you wanna call mixing an amphetamine/ephedrine with an opiate
    Reply With Quote
     

  11. Collapse Details
     
    #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Whipped Dream View Post
    Did a search on this and there's a lot of stuff about how caffeine helps opiate withdrawls, but I found nothing about taking them together.

    Does a large dose of caffeine (200+mg) negatively affect opiate performance when taken together?
    I don't think caffeine would help opiate withdrawals at all. I'm already panicky enough without caffeine to add fuel to the fire. I don't consider 200 mg (2 cups of coffee) a large dose. My energy drink has more than that in an 8 ounce serving. You'll still get high with the caffeine though. If your prone to anxiety from caffeine that might ruin the high though. I like being 100% anxiety free when I'm taking opiates so it ruins it in that way for me.
    Reply With Quote
     

  12. Collapse Details
     
    #12
    Quote Originally Posted by NeighborhoodThreat View Post
    25mg to start out with, then go to 50mg - 75mg if that doesn't work. It sounds like you've got a tolerance (judging from your post saying you took a lot of 56mg/30mg ephedrine/caffeine pills) so probably better to start at 50mg and work your way up from there. Ephedrine works very well for me for some reason so don't be surprised if you have to go higher than my recommended doses.
    Thanks man, you're always a great help!

    Quote Originally Posted by Gormur View Post
    opiates on their own tend to give me energy but combined with a stimulant make me mellow
    My buddy says for him popping oxy has him nodding but insufflating it has him energetic. Weird.
    Reply With Quote
     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •