• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Methylphenidate (Concerta) questions.

Alex000

Bluelighter
Okay, so I have basically no experience with stimulants. I do with benzos, barbs, alcohol, DXM, and opiates, too, and others, but stimulants only passed my way once, so I have no tolerance. The time they did I only ended up taking 3 27 mg Concerta's over the course of two days in tact, whole. The experience was kind of fun, it was different, but a lot of it was unenjoyable. I don't know if I can attribute this to the Concerta alone, because I also was sleep-deprived (before, and during the mini-binge), and in a very anxious place overall (not all due to Concerta).

Anyway, I am getting a few Concerta 36 mg, and would like to know a few things about what to expect with no tolerance. I am really just experimenting with stimulants, but they seem like they would have potential. One of things I am wondering is how much my appetite will be supressed, and how long 1 Concerta 36 mg will keep it supressed. This a desired effect for me, I need to lose a few lbs, I'm not fat, but stil. I know Concerta is considered a "shitty" ADD drug, but will it produce significant euphoria for me, and how stimulated will I be? How long after dosing until I can sleep, and will the comedown be harsh? (I have lots of Xanax, on hand but I take them everyday, so there is that.) Also, would taking a Xanax in the middle of the experience dull the methyphenidate's effects or bring me down? I am thinking of just taking a larger Xanax dose before the Concerta, and then waiting til I start coming down for another Xanax dose.

The ideal of a barb/stimulant cocktail sounds very dangerous to me, but intriguing. I have butalbital available, and am wondering if that could be an option for combination. I am one of those who likes butalbital a lot, even in lower doses i.e. 50 mg.

I know this is a lot, but I just I guess want to enjoy the experience most. I am not breaking the time-release BTW. And I am on an SSRI just so you know. I know there is a possibility of serotonin syndrome, but these meds are prescribed together often, so I am not that worried.

Thanks in advance.

I was just prescribed Concerta 36mg. yesterday! I took my first pill this morning. I honestly have ADD, but today has been pretty good. I've been more responsive and receptive to my environment. I also like loud music today. :) However, there is a certain jiterry aspect to it, that I dislike.

So far, I have had increased motivation to clean my car, room, and even study! Don't expect it to be a buzz or a high like with opiates, think of it like the opposite of Xanax. I don't really notice its effects, but its definitely there.

I took my dose at 9 and it's still going now at 4:16. There was a valley around 11 and 1 but then it peaked up again... I can feel it peaking again now.. but its subtle.

concerta fucking SUCKS. i'm on 56mg. i just give them away for free to people who want em.

their only use is to keep you awake and focused. very VERY mild euphoria, and the entire high just feels like a stimulant comedown... throughout the entire time. you'll feel euphoric when it first hits you, but you peak after an hour and then you get to endure 7 more hours of stimulant comedown.

when me and my gf abused the hell out of this back in the day, we would always feel 'waves' which basically is one second you feel like you might be high, then the next moment you're gonna feel like shit and want a cigarette/hoot or whatever. if your mind is not occupied, then this drug is a fucking piece of shit.

don't pay for concerta on the streets. go get IR ritalin and snort them. atleast that way you can get tweaked out and the insufflation bio availability is alot higher than oral. plus you can't even snort concerta unless you peel off the plastic shell and seperate the methylphenidate from the brown powder (which is only there to expand and push the drug out slowly) which takes for fucking ever. but then even when you snort it your nasal cavity has to be completely dry cuz if this shit gets moisture in it it turns to a sticky glue.

in short - concerta isn't worth fuck all and don't waste your time trying to use it recreationally

^That's the story with many stimulants, though... Methylphenidate is particularly drawn out because of how long it remains bound after the effects begin to wear off, but still, comedowns are just unpleasant in general!

Yeah, I'm really not feeling it but I'm really ADHD, so I lately haven't even noticed the Concerta after Day 1, I swear. I'm just slightly more attentive.

lol just wait.. eventually you're gonna miss the sober/not on concerta feeling. i started taking them everyday. i thought it was the shit. i talked more, felt more social, felt some slight relief from anxiety. but that all changed after like 2 weeks. now i don't even get my script anymore, i just drink an energy drink (still add though).

oh yeah - eating on concerta? fucking impossible. you'll end up waiting like 6 hours before you get an appetite. all it does is give me jitters and make me anxious. i hate the feeling i get while on it. it really is just a stimulant comedown. there's no noticeable peak or half life it's just a horrible drug.

Yeah, I'm gonna try to get my script changed to Vyvanse. I have no appetite now! But I feel so tired.. I really don't notice any of the positive effects you had beyond the first day.

No jitters, no anxious feeling. Just tired, yet more focused on tasks. I prefer this Concerta day over my typical unproductive days.

I did get super baked smoking on it yesterday, but I imagine that's the result of small tolerance break.

concerta fucking SUCKS. i'm on 56mg. i just give them away for free to people who want em.

their only use is to keep you awake and focused. very VERY mild euphoria, and the entire high just feels like a stimulant comedown... throughout the entire time. you'll feel euphoric when it first hits you, but you peak after an hour and then you get to endure 7 more hours of stimulant comedown.

when me and my gf abused the hell out of this back in the day, we would always feel 'waves' which basically is one second you feel like you might be high, then the next moment you're gonna feel like shit and want a cigarette/hoot or whatever. if your mind is not occupied, then this drug is a fucking piece of shit.

don't pay for concerta on the streets. go get IR ritalin and snort them. atleast that way you can get tweaked out and the insufflation bio availability is alot higher than oral. plus you can't even snort concerta unless you peel off the plastic shell and seperate the methylphenidate from the brown powder (which is only there to expand and push the drug out slowly) which takes for fucking ever. but then even when you snort it your nasal cavity has to be completely dry cuz if this shit gets moisture in it it turns to a sticky glue.

in short - concerta isn't worth fuck all and don't waste your time trying to use it recreationally

^this.

i ONLY use it when i have a SHITTON of homework. other than that it just feels like a stim comedown. believe me.