• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Meth Vs Speed

titstypedthis said:
i'd just hazard a guess they dont do it often cause who wants to be in gaol for the rest of their days?

And also because amphetamine would not fetch them the same amount of cash that methamphetamine would. If someone bought some amphetamine and was sold it as methamphetamine, they would probably be quite disappointed as well.

Busty: Fair enough. I'm not sure what the 1-3% is meant to refer to; is it a percentage of the meth market? Percentage of the overall drug black market? Either way, I would be surprised if amphetamine sulfate (not prescription amphetamine, but illicitly made amphetamine) was anything more then a small part of the illicit drug scene in this country.

From reading the OP's post, it just sounds to me like he enjoys the more cut methamphetamine compared to the purer product. And my personal experience bears that out, when I was younger and first using methamphetamine I was mainly getting highly cut crap, what they called 'base', and doing lines of that was enough for me to stimulated and euphoric but not intense enough to really tweak me out. When I used purer methamphetamine, I found I was doing higher doses and since I wasn't used to it I got really tweaked out very easily.

Cheers Mr Blonde, Your right, I do prefer what i call "speed" to meth, but as i've said, I know some of the stuff i've been getting isn't stomped, or even tiptoed over, its clean and I've not had anything near what i've gotten when i take "meth".
I do understand what your saying in a way though..But why can i have uncut untouched gear and love it for days, but fully go mental on the aussie version of meth??

Oh, and i'm a she, not a he ;p

^ Whoops, I should stop making that gender-assumption mistake. :)

If you are getting it fresh off the plate and have seen with your own eyes that it has not been cut or messed with, then you may have amphetamine sulfate. That is very rare in this country.

But the fact it is made from pseudoephedrine (as you stated in your second post in this thead) leads me to believe that it is very certainly not amphetamine sulfate.

I've come across people who only touch"base" amphetamine and they hate "ice" (methamp) so your reaction/preference is not unheard of, but it's mostly meth going around, I think it's easier to make or something?

They just don't realise that they are doing meth-amp that people just call "base", as has been covered extensively here and in other threads MakersTable

i8urpie how do you know for sure it's 100%? The only way to be completely sure is to do an acetone wash then an acid base extraction yourself. The strongest stuff I've ever seen sold as 'speed' was about 33% pure. Even the 'ice' going around as pure only turns out to be 80-90% pure after a wash, and this stuff would blow most people right out of the water. You're never going to get more than around 98% pure, even after doing an acid base extraction.

Huh? So if someone says 'uncut gear' I should just expect it to be 30% or less? I'll leave that for you buddy ;)

Huh? So if someone says 'uncut gear' I should just expect it to be 30% or less? I'll leave that for you buddy ;)

wut?

you asked how she knew it was 100%, then went on too explain the best you can get is like 98%... so what?

state the obvious mate

shes a user not a dealer
uncut gear means she got a great effect from it so whatever the impurities/cuts were must have been very benign and suited to the product.

fuck i just dont get where your coming from lol

"Uncut gear means she got a great effect from it so whatever the impurities/cuts were must have been very benign and suited to the product." - This is a quote from your post, apparently you consider gear that HAS cutters present but causes "a great effect" somehow qualifies a product as uncut? That is complete rubbish and makes no sense.

As a recreational drug user it can be dangerous to think the garbage you have been taking is pure because then should you ever encounter gear that is actually near pure you are likely going to do way too much thinking its the same as the shit you are used to. Even if you know the 'cook' impurities are likely to make up a considerable portion of what you are sold.

Since we are talking about 'speed' here it is highly unlikely the product is even close to pure, I fail to see how anyone pointing this out is taking things "a bit too literally" the whole point of bluelight is harm reduction through education, what is wrong with someone pointing out where another is incorrect?

Agree with both footscrazy and drug mentor. Footscrazy was not trying to be picky, he was just stating a fact that unless she produced it herself or had cleaned the stuff of all its impourities (which isnt a easy task), she would nt know what its purity is. Buying of someone, if they are so called high up in the tree, its most likely the purity will be around what footscrazy and drug mentor have said. And if someone tells you they are high up in the tree, then my theory is they mpost probably are not lol. Like drug mentor said , its dangerous to make assumptions etc when it comes to takeing illegal drugs. Lets say that 'person A' buys some speed, and its really strong and gets told its uncut stuff. What happens if down the track 'person A' meets someone else who says they have got some speed thats about 80%, and person A buys some and consumes more than usually would cos Mr A is used to stronger 'uncut' stuff, when really its was 25%: i know that situation would be very rare and i could have used herion or cocaine instead but i just wanted to show that generalising or assumeing can be dangerous, i didnt want to do it the scaremongering government way.

"Uncut gear means she got a great effect from it so whatever the impurities/cuts were must have been very benign and suited to the product." - This is a quote from your post, apparently you consider gear that HAS cutters present but causes "a great effect" somehow qualifies a product as uncut? That is complete rubbish and makes no sense.

no i dont consider it uncut 8)

footscrazy asked her "i8urpie how do you know it was 100%?" and i spoke up because she clearly didnt have any way of telling whether it was 100% meth/amp besides subjective effects

and he never gave any information, just "do an acetone wash"

HOW THE FUCK DO YOU DO AN ACETONE WASH?8)

let alone an A/B..

its like a university professor going on "are you smarter than a fifth grader" and debating with the kids about physics.
Then telling the kids too conduct an experiment without telling them how to do it.

Its not harm reduction if all your saying is YOUR WRONG DO, WHAT I SAY then you don't tell them what to do!

fucks sake.

it would be harm reduction if you'd suggested to always do an acetone wash(which is fairly easy, if a little time consuming) and dropped a link up in this bitch.

but no, your smart, i am dumb, so is everyone else in this thread so fuck you and your mother

I don't actually see anyone saying "do what I say". This is merely coming from a fucking correction that you disagree with even though you have no logical reason to do so. Footscrazy corrected the OP's assertion that their 'speed' was uncut, nothing more and nothing less.

She didn't even say DO an acetone wash, only that in her experience 'speed' after being washed to determine the purity turned out to be very impure methamphetamine. This is not "do as I say" it is merely offering the benefit of their experience to correct the OP's misconception. I don't know why you are being so defensive when the original comment you took issue with wasn't even directed at you and there was nothing incorrect about it.

I never said you were dumb but reading how you have interpreted the last few posts I am now left thinking as much. Anyway this shits starting to get off topic, I am not going to indulge you any longer.

Again, thanks to all for the input, Footscrazy, your right, I can't be sure its 100%. I do know my nanna wouldn't give me stomped on crap, and it always comes with a warning re the strength of it. I stomp it a little myself, and only use small amounts for the reason drug mentor mentions:

"As a recreational drug user it can be dangerous to think the garbage you have been taking is pure because then should you ever encounter gear that is actually near pure you are likely going to do way too much thinking its the same as the shit you are used to. Even if you know the 'cook' impurities are likely to make up a considerable portion of what you are sold"

I'm just trying to work out why i go crazy on some shit, but not on others.

your very impressive with your logic, reason and descriptive usertitle aren't you...well im a fucking wizard... so believe you me drug_mentor we shall meet again:X

Last edited:
^cut it out and stop being a jerk, you'll likely find yourself being formally warned if you continue the insults.

you said:
fuck i just dont get where your coming from lol

oh the irony

TBH , I'm not sure why anyone would want sulphate over meth.
I suppose it's a bit like prefering bush over hydro.

This whole ice v gear v meth etc I found to be *very* region specific - this is were most the confusion comes from. Having said that, anyone new heard heed the advice of the likes if Mr Blonde, d_m and Leftwing (their drug knowledge and cred speaks for themselves). Theyve been around for long enough to know their shit! (brownie points yet? :p lo jks)

Have I can contribute to this though - (although hard to describe) once youve had NEAT methamphet .....you'll know! ;)

titstypedthis said:
HOW THE FUCK DO YOU DO AN ACETONE WASH?

Throw some anhydrous acetone on the product. Methamphetamine/amphetamine are insoluble in acetone, whereas most of the cuts should be soluble (God forbid they start using acetone soluble cuts though). Filter, dry off, voila!

See, it's not physics; I'm good at chemistry but terrible at physics. :)