• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

kratom help before i order

sarahsweets

Bluelighter
Bear with me and please be kind:) I have limited experience with opiates which is probably a good thing and around here they only give pain meds to someone who is practically on deaths door. I'm just looking for some mild pain relief and something to ocassionally chill me out. I researched kratom and found a pretty decent website to order from. They sell capsules, powder and material. Which one would be most useful and at what dose? I don't want to overdo it and will not use it chronically but knowing that the option is there would give me peace of mind for these migraines. Has anyone else here experienced decent pain relief from kratom? Thanks so much.
Sarah

Not sure that Kratom works very well as an analgesic. Kratom delivers a mood uplift and sedating buzz similar to opiates, but as I said I'm not sure how well Kratom works for pain.

Kratom actually gives me mild headaches when the high wears off. YMMV.

Thanks for your comments hopefully more people can share. As an aside I apologize to all for starting a new thread I tried searching from my BB and somehow the first time came up with nothing yet the second time many other threads. Sorry if I asked a repeat question I'm blonde and it really shows sometimes.

You have to find out dosage yourself through trial and error. It differs person to person.

As of ordering, don't get pre-capped stuff. You're most likely going to pay and arm and a leg for that. Just get the highest grade powder you can find and cap it yourself.

Kratom can be quite effective as a pain reliever.

Strain wise:

Red Vein Thai - stimulating
Super green Indo - stimulating
Bali - uplifting and sedating
Red Vein Indo - more sedating
Green Vein Thai - more sedating
Plain commercial indo - more sedating.

Kratom can work differently in different people - also some people can get quite bad nausia off Bali, while others dont at all, have some ginger / ginger tea on hand just incae.

I'm going to echo what other posters have said because its so important, kratom is very different for different people, and some vendors will ship you something telling you its something else (strains, that is), you'll almost always get kratom.

I'm with The_Jesus, don't get the pre-capped stuff, the extracts are good, but the best way to do it is get the powder, its cheaper and you have more control over your dose when you make the tea. I don't recommend trying to just eat the powder by itself, its pretty nasty.

I've gotten migraines for as long as I can remember, opiates provide some relief, although I've never tried kratom for migraines per se.

Out of curiosity does anyone recommend the plant material or the extract for a tea? I am going to start very low dosage wise as I do not have any tolerance to opiates and am only looking for basic pain relief. Thanks by the way for all the info so far:)

I recommend using the basic powder for making the tea, sometimes called "Commercial Grade" or something similar. However, using the actual leaves is going to give you a more complete range of all the stuff you want out of kratom (the alkaloids mitragynine and 7-Hydroxymitragynine) are the ones you want, apparently.

If you want to save yourself that extra step, then go for the powder. You can gauge your reaction to the tea by drinking small amounts and waiting 15-20 minutes before drinking some more. At least in my experience, kratom tea kicks in quite fast, faster than traditional pills.

As Whipped Dream said, YMMV.

Another question: a few websites make the disclaimer that none of their products are meant for human consumption and that they make no recommendations on perosnal use. I assume that this is for legal reasons and such, am I right? I would think the powder in particular would only be good for a tea otherwise how else would you use it?

Another question: a few websites make the disclaimer that none of their products are meant for human consumption and that they make no recommendations on perosnal use. I assume that this is for legal reasons and such, am I right? I would think the powder in particular would only be good for a tea otherwise how else would you use it?

Its all for legal purposes. They do the same thing with research chemicals online.

And the powder is great for putting into caps. I personally hate how the tea tastes and find it much easier to take 25 or so tasteless pills than guzzling a huge glass of that grainy tea.

If you've got an expresso coffee maker you can use that to make tea, done it a few times and its quite effective. Also if you do make tea re use the krat a couple of times.

The tea isn't good tasting, skip that. Capping it is also a waste of time.

I simply get a small piece of napkin, put some powder in it, make sure the piece is big enough to completely fold over the powder. After that simply put some liquid in your mouth, and then the napkin piece filled with kratom, and parachute it down. No capping, no nasty tea, hell you don't taste anything at all. If you aren't satisfied with where you are at, rinse and repeat.

I have zero experience with Kratom, but I had a question...what type of pain are you looking to relieve? I live in NY, which is just as stingy as NJ with pain meds...but for my back condition, or oral surgery, or anything else where the doctor pretty much just looks at you and winces...they WILL give you pain medication. Did you try going to a doctor and asking for it? If you're in so much pain that opiates are necessary, from what I've read about Kratom, I don't know if it will help you very much. Also, OTC NSAIDs like ibuprofen are amazing, and I oftentimes prefer these over opiates for mild to moderate pain, especially if swelling is partially causing it.

Sorry for the sorta off topic post, just figured I'd throw some advice out there that you may find useful OP :)

Did some construction work the other day that caused me to have intense arm, leg and back aches. i drank a cup of 10g premium commercial powdered leaf, the cheapest stuff you can get. I must tell you, it nearly killed ALL my pain, and any pain that may have been lingering, I didn't care about it because I would be washed over in euphoria. Smoking weed while peaking on kratom is a VERY good idea. :)

Kratom is a wonder herb.

Did some construction work the other day that caused me to have intense arm, leg and back aches. i drank a cup of 10g premium commercial powdered leaf, the cheapest stuff you can get. I must tell you, it nearly killed ALL my pain, and any pain that may have been lingering, I didn't care about it because I would be washed over in euphoria. Smoking weed while peaking on kratom is a VERY good idea. :)

Kratom is a wonder herb.

Wow!! This is good news. I previously was unaware that Kratom could be used for pain.

Makes me glad I just placed another order. %)

The only way I will eat powdered Kratom is with peach yogurt, sometimes vanillia or another flavor. I swear it sounds gross but I tried it, usually mixing 8 to 13 grams in a good size bowl, and just down it without even chewing or anything. Works GREAT. It is going to be a method you will have to just try to believe how easy it is to get down. Good luck in dealing with your pain.