• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Does Suboxone block Kratom?

Whipped Dream

Bluelighter
I know Suboxone blocks the effects of most opiates - but what about Kratom? Anybody have any experience with both?

OK, so I decided to conduct a little experiment to see just how much Suboxone would affect Kratom. The following are the results:

My physical profile - 5'11", 175 pounds.

My opiate experience (in order of how strong they affect me):

1. 2mg Kratom UEI - gives me a nice sedating euphoric buzz for 5 - 9 hours, complete w/ waking dreams sometimes.

2. Suboxone 1 - 1.5mg - same as Kratom UEI, but doesn't last as long, with less sedation.

3. Hydrocodone - 20mg gets me buzzin' pretty good for about 4 - 5 hours.

4. Tramadol 350mg - same as Hydrocodone, but less sedation, and lasts about 8 - 10 hours.

That's the extent of my opiate experience. I rarely use opiates more than 3 times a week, so my tolerance stays relatively low. I recently acquired some oxy 5s, but haven't tried em yet.

Today's experiment started with about 1.5mg Suboxone, at around 2:30pm. An hour later I was feeling only mildly buzzed.

Two hours later, at around 4:30pm I knocked back 2mg Kratom UEI. About 30 minutes later and I was rolling pretty hard. Could barely keep my eyes open, and had the pleasant "opiate itch" envelop my body. I spent a good hour laying flat on my back watching some crazy images on the backs of my eyelids, while still being able to hear everything else carry on around me. This lasted for the rest of the evening until around 10:30 when the high began to diminish significantly.

So, in answer to the question "does Suboxone affect Kratom," it might, but it certainly didn't for me today. Maybe I didn't take Suboxone in significant enough quantity to block the Kratom. Dunno....

Thoughts...?

Do you take the suboxone regularly, or just occasionally?
If you don't take it regularly, maybe the sub hadn't had time to build up a blockage effect.
I'm just speculating, I'm not very knowledgeable on suboxone.

Do you take the suboxone regularly, or just occasionally?
If you don't take it regularly, maybe the sub hadn't had time to build up a blockage effect.
I'm just speculating, I'm not very knowledgeable on suboxone.

I don't take Subs regularly...I got one 8mg strip a while back that I diced into small pieces to take recreationally. I think you're assumption is correct though - I think the blocking effect might come after consistent dosages over time. I could be wrong though.

I take sub daily and I still feel good effects of kratom. I believe that kratom affects areas that sub does not block. This is my experience.

Kratom has a more complex mechanism than other more pure opioids so I'm guessing it's delta and adrenergic qualities would still come through whether or not mu is dominated by bupe.

I been on subs for about 2yrs going on 3.i only started at ~2mg,and w im down to .25-.50mg/day.
I decided tosee if kratom will work on top of the suboxone.
I only dosed 1gm of bentuangie strain..and i must say that at 20 mins i started to feel something working.and at 30min i was def relaxed tothe point of nodding.in fact,i cud have easily nodded out for a bit.

Weird thing is i was surprised i felt the kratom at only one gram...but this strain from bentuangie is suppposedly a good quality and strong kratom.Bentuangie is just the area in which this kratom grows.
I got this as a sample aling with another straim called vietnam strain.its suppodly supposed to have a 25% increase in its alkaloid content than most kratom.just lile maeng da is higher in some alkaloids.
I was thinking of trying the vietnam strain in the morning.with my coffee, and see if it has a good effect.i think i will either try 1gram or try 2grams.
i have tried higher amountss of kratom.last time before this bentuangie,i had dosed ~8-10grams of red borneo and it made me have diarrhea amd a bit whoozy.ive heard lately now that with kratom sometimes less is more...jusy like with subs.but.im not sure how accurate that is.but iy seemed that since the one gram gave that effect.i think the lower side of 1-3grams would fair better.while in low dise suboxine than say 5+grams may be.OR...dosing one gram,then another.gram an hour later,and possibly another an hour after thatif i want best resultsif

I take 8mg of Sub a day one 4mg strip in the AM and a second 4mg in the afternoon. Around the time I get home from work (5:30-6pm) I make a batch of tea.. With either Yellow Bali or Red Maeng Da depending on my mood. Usually about 2-3 grams per dose. I have been on this regiment for about 2 months now and have been feeling nice just about everyday since I started. So to answer your question.. In my opinion suboxone has no effect on Kratom.

I been on kratom a long time.... years. Subs don't block it. I just ate 5 8mg of sub over the last 4 days. But I'll tell you this you probably find bullshit online head shop kratom or whatever. Even if you got an overseas connect your getting garbage. Man I'm just here to say kratom is safer than any pain killer and I have an extract powder that one teaspoon is the equivalent of 10 perc 10's. Shit even better. No bull shit either man I was a heron junkie for years. You find the right guy and market you'll never want a pain killer again. But stick with the kratom. The subs ain't shit.

Hey do you buy your kratom online? If so can you refer a good vendor? I've been on suboxone 3 years,finally got tired of it and bought 1/2 kg of super green for the withdrawals from a buddy at my husbands work. I'm currently on day 5 and suffering MINOR symptoms with using the kratom so its definitely helping and my mood is so high! Ex) laughed so hard last night I was crying over a baby that looked like Elvis! Haven't laughed like that since before suboxone lol but anyway I hear red strains are better for withdrawal. Anyway I'm new here and was hoping you could help me out! thanx!

Check out the vendor lists on reddit kratom. All range from decent to very excellent quality, no headshop stuff there, not to mention that it is about 100$ usually for a kg of good, as opposed to about a thousand dollars of bad from a headshop, no joke either. IME kratom works for me on low dose bupe, and goes well together, but I usually wait till a few hours pass after the bupe, so while my bupe buzz is winding down a little and the naloxone is clearly gone it knocks me back up a notch. TBH I am heading towards just using kratom, works wonders for WD's and backing off serious opiates without feeling like death. i don't mind that for the most part it is a pretty mild opiate like buzz, it is way cheaper and less damaging than my previous habits. Order some soon and stock up, because it looks like the gov't is trying to banish it from the earth, like there's not any serious problems to look at instead. Sorry for rambling, hope this helps someone, ...peace

Welcome to bluelight splguitarman. No sourcing, or prices are to be discussed on this website. Please read the BDD forum guidelines.

Suboxone 100% blocks kratom. I have been off and on several different opiates and suboxone for years. Of course withdrawal is a large part of any addicts life. About 6 months ago I discovered that kratom helped tremendously with my suboxone withdrawals. However, it only helped if I took it after suboxone wore off completely, like 2 to 3 days completely.