• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Hungry while on meth

Pretty_Diamonds

Bluelight Crew
Is that normal? I snort it and a few hours later my stomach is growling! But I feel the effects, still super hyper and motivated doing school work. Lol. It's 9am and I didn't even sleep yet. I probably should soon though. -o-

Wait until your smoking entire grams just to keep the buzz going, and you barely remember what food even was. :p

Yes, this can be common when using amphetamines. I personally experience similar reactions when I use d-amphetamine. I never used methamphetamine, but I would imagine since they are pretty similar the effect I get would be relevant. I believe it is most likely because amphetamine tend to speed up your body, including metabolism and you digestive tract. This is why often times amphetamines make me go to the bathroom numerous times. Also the sped up metabolism causes you to feel hungry. Even though you may not feel like eating, the stomach growls are do to your body simply being sped up due to stimulant use.

I would highly recommend trying to stay hydrated, and well nourished during bouts of meth/amphetamine usage. This will allow you to have a much more enjoyable experience and not have to worry about the nagging feeling in yoru stomach from being hungry.

It isn't anything to worry about, but surely is a common experience with people I know.

It isn't anything to worry about, but surely is a common experience with people I know.

Same here. I know a few people who when on cocaine or d-amp, will get hungry and eat just as they would normally. I can't do this, stimulants wreck my appetite, but now I'm starting to think this is more common that I previously thought. Can't relate to any meth experience, however, but hungry/eating on a stimulant in general.

I'd say its a good thing that you have any hunger at all while on methamphetamine.

Even with d-amphetamine, my sense of hunger is completely destroyed, like the other posters. I would come down, not having really ate anything for 12 hours, and feel that much worse.

You need to eat either way, be glad your body still knows this while you're on a powerful stimulant.

lucky you! I definitely wouldn't be complaining.
I 'can' eat while on it and try to, but its quite a chore

yes i get the speed munchies :)

i tend to eat a lot more than usual on meth

yes i get the speed munchies :)

i tend to eat a lot more than usual on meth

Meth KILLS my appetite but when i get on a "good" "meth schedule" where i do some early in the morning then by night I am coming down and feeling the hunger creeping in I cook a bunch of food and eat a bunch of food at night then by the next morning shoot a nice shot or take a few big rips off the bubble. But usually I get a few grams or something and I dont sleep for the first 2-4 days before my body builds a little tolerance and i can start sleeping n stuff

Is that normal? I snort it and a few hours later my stomach is growling! But I feel the effects, still super hyper and motivated doing school work. Lol. It's 9am and I didn't even sleep yet. I probably should soon though. -o-

I don't think it's common but you're lucky your body works like this. I've never used meth but with other stimulants (MDMA, MDPV, amphetamine, and methylphenidate), I end up getting an empty feeling in my stomach that I know is supposed to be hunger but food is a pain to get down. It's annoying because I know my body needs food, but actually eating the food is quite difficult.

It likely has something to do with individual metabolism. I have a fast metabolism which seems to go into overdrive on stims..... can eat till my heart's content and never feel full

I have two things to add!
-First, this started happening to me a 2-3 months after I started.

-Two, are you sure you're not thirsty? Meth is infamous for dehydrating, when you're
Dehydrated, your body will sometimes read it as your hungry. Try drinking more water, that is if you're not already. Don't stop eating though!
Eating is good. =)

I have gotten hungry on meth in the past, it's not abnormal. You should still eat on the drug for best effects. :)

I get hungry! Everyone will look at me like i'm crazy because i'll be hitting the pipe while chowin' down on a burger between hits. It mostly happens in the evening if I hadn't eaten breakfast that morning. I don't mind it much, I mean obviously my body trying to inform me of something, plus I find the high to generally be better on a full stomach. This way I get way less headaches, dizzy spells, and feeling faint.

I always feel like I'm starving on it. Meth for some reason gets my stomach constantly growling. I'm plain ravenous on it! I love to eat cereal and soup on it. Actually eating at night on meth makes the feeling better for me and it sometimes makes me want to sleep.

My personal favorite while on any amphetamine, is strawberry Greek yogurt. I normally don't recommend any dairy, as it tends to upset my stomach when I'm on pretty much any substance. But it's a quick food that doesn't feel like it's a chore to eat.