• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How much more addictive is heroin than oxy?

John15243

Greenlighter
Long story short life has kicked the crap out of me so many times I can't deal anymore. I'm 17 years old and have had pituitary tumors on top of a ton of other life prblems, and I'm now taking around 20-30mgs of oxy a day to get a good buzzz and I can't stop. I can't get more oxy than I'm already getting, but where I am I can get about a gram of good stuff for <snip> bucks, so I'm really interested. How much more addictive is it? I'm only 17 so what's the best way besides slaming? If it comes down to that though, I do have needles.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please, please, do not start shooting it. Sniff it, it works pretty damn fast, then try and figure out how to get your life back together without heroin. Trust me, there's still a lot to live for.

Prices aren't allowed here, per board policy.

And listen to this guy ^ going right into shooting it is a bad idea.

they pretty much give yu the same addiction but from my knowledge oxy a lil more expensive......even though at 17 i wuld advise weed but im not ya pappy so...

Heroin is no more addicting than any other strong opiate. The reason most people are drawn to it is value, stigma, and ease of shooting. Plus some just like the effects more than other opioids.

That being said the physiological addiction to the rush from shooting (and somewhat snorting) is generally accepted as stronger than eating.

This thread isn't really Other Drugs material. I think you should read through the oxy and heroin threads found in "OD Directory" in my signature, but it seems to me by outlining your background story you might want to post over in The Dark Side (TDS) where you can get some wonderful support on all the difficult times you are going through. At the very least head over there and read a few threads and see what you think.

I found heroin more addictive because I was addicted to it in the past, but never found oxycodone to be addictive for myself.

I am not addicted to heroin anymore, and haven't been for a long time now.

Don't start IVing heroin if you aren't already used to IVing in an efficient and safe manner. There is a lot of learning you should do before you start IVing drugs.

stick to OXY. it has a high oral BA so you can just eat the pills, which, obviously, is safer.

Like was said before, most people turn to Heroin because it is cheaper, then turn to the needle to make their H go farther...
It is no more addicting than any other strong opiate.

Stick to the Codone's and don't cross over into the morphones, that's when you start thinking about BA and how to get it into your body most effectively, instead of just taking it.

Oxy is more addictive in my personal experience. Especially if you have pain issues, I find Oxy works much better for pain.

I can't get more oxy than I'm already getting

are you in COT (chronic opioid therapy)? if so, i would STRONGLY advise against use any other substance, because they will find traces of it, and you will get booted out of treatment.

that being said, i really think you should talk with your parents, or family members about what your getting into, because you need help. please for yourself and the people around you, hook up with a therapist or something.. or some kind of program to help you out in this time of yours. at 17 it seems everyone that has been through some stuff, always think it's bigger then the whole world.. your a young kid, and you got a long long life ahead of you.. you've not been through more then the average middle aged person. just trust people, it will get better.

i'm young too, not quite that young.. i got you by about a decade, but i can tell you, i was through a lot before my 18th b-day. i had been in 2 different mental institutions and jail cells, and on top of that, i have a very debilitating disorder , very painful. my entire body is subject to moderate-severe pain, all day , all night.. and constant complications. my life just started!!!! i have to live this way, every second of everyday. it fills my conscience with an awfulness that is so foul , i'll never be normal everyday guy. everywhere i go, everything i do, i'm subject to awfulness.

it's not over yet buddy, hang in there. get some help, and open your mind to your experience, it's the only way to be on par with reality. no matter how hard. stick to your normal meds. i plead for your family, and your friends. stay strong guy.

with much hope,

pain :|

You could try shooting up ONCE if you have self control. Everyone says and thinks they have it though, but very few actually do.
But don't make shooting up a habit. Shit kills, man.

stick to OXY. it has a high oral BA so you can just eat the pills, which, obviously, is safer.

Like was said before, most people turn to Heroin because it is cheaper, then turn to the needle to make their H go farther...
It is no more addicting than any other strong opiate.

Stick to the Codone's and don't cross over into the morphones, that's when you start thinking about BA and how to get it into your body most effectively, instead of just taking it.

Yeah, its a bit late for that one, I've already done bupe, hydromorphone, oxymorphone and fent. The only thing missing from the standard list is heroin. Is there anyway to stretch my oxys more? I can't get more oxy a day, and heroin is the only thing I can always get ina reasonable price range...

physically, the rate of addiction is quite similar, but do NOT listen to whoever said they're both virtually just as addictive (this sounds contradictory but read on.)

the availability of heroin, the ease of injection (which i 100% advise AGAINST), the ritual of smoking, the stigma, etc make an addiction to heroin MUCH easier to run into.

while addiction to oxy is more than possible, i've even found myself addicted, a heroin addiction can strike you in a matter of a day.

if you must manage wtih drugs, stick with oxy. heroin's a whole new level.

Yeah, its a bit late for that one, I've already done bupe, hydromorphone, oxymorphone and fent. The only thing missing from the standard list is heroin. Is there anyway to stretch my oxys more? I can't get more oxy a day, and heroin is the only thing I can always get ina reasonable price range...

heroin's really most comparable to a combination of oxy (euphoria) and hydromorph (mindfucking nods.)

i'm not saying this to sway you towards it, i'm saying this in hopes to deter you from it. heroin really is 'different,' in it's own way. it's invasive, it can sneak itself into your life so stealthily and find somewhere to plant an addiction which somehow manages to grow while you're COMPLETELY unaware.

no other drug has ever done that for me and many have agreed

You could try and stretch your oxy through potentiators. Cimetidine (or other cyp450 inhibitor), some dxm, or some tums with the dose to preserve it until it gets to your liver.
I also hear that dosing about an hour after a fatty meal will lead to better absorption of the opiate.
But I'd stay away from the heroin. From the sound of your perspective in life, you could catch an addiction pretty quick.
Is the oxy prescribed or are you obtaining it yourself?

Hello I am also seventeen and this post upset me. We're both so young and our life has barely begun. I'm sorry to hear about all your life problems and tumors. Yeah I know you probably hear that a lot but I had to say it.

Well now answering your question is that heroin vs oxy in being more addictive really depends all on the person using it. What one person may get quickly addicted to another person may not. Really I wouldn't start the heroin because its a long road to hell and trust me my best friend started using it and I've been watching him ruin his own life. He even tells me that it makes him so depressed and he wants to quit but can't. It also made him very suicidal... One day he's fine the other day he's a complete wreck. Also he only smokes it and I just can imagine what IVing could lead to. I suggest taking the oxy's even though they can fuck up your life just as bad but this way you won't have to IV. You can chew them up and get high like that. I think you really have no clue on what your bringing yourself into if you start to use needles. Just because they're available doesn't mean you should start.

So ill leave you with this. Be careful either route you take. Trust me I really can't believe I suggested you take oxys but hey you're going to do what you want. I just want to tell you I was a major pill head and fucked around with oxys ect and my life was hell. Withdrawling off of that shit isn't fun... I did them because I wanted to get high and I hate my life because of all the problems going on. Even when my doctor told me I could have cancer... I didn't but you get it. I'm pretty much off pills only using occasionally but trust me what happened to me before is right around the corner.

Stick with the oxys and if you need more than you get now I'm sure you'll find a way to obtain them. Heroin is cheap but in the end you'll be spending so much money on it because you need more and more once you build that tolerance which is quick. I rather bust my ass trying to get money for pills than going through all the shit heroin brings. Addiction with heroin will be hell and the sickness you get from it is a punch straight to the gut.

Last edited:
Heroin is no more addictive than other strong opioids like hydromorphone, oxymorphone, morphine, etc.

I would say that it is more addictive than oxycodone, simply because oxycodone is an opioid of the codeine family (at least more physically addictive thats for sure).

Heroin is simply a faster acting morphine. It's not a different drug from morphine. The only difference in structure is the 2 acetyl groups and these 2 are removed in the body and morphine is what gets you high when you take heroin.

I'm not your daddy but for fucks sake man stay away from the smack. You're only 17, thats young man, you have your whole life to look forward to plus you only use like 20-30 mgs of oxy a day thats nothing. In my opinion Heroin's pull is much stronger than oxycodone , but what the fuck do I know. I wouldnt iv man with such a small tolerance you might end up dead fast. If your hellbent on doing smack smoke it.

If you can only get 30mgs of oxy a day, I suggest trying to get that under control so you can take say 40mg one day, 20 the next. Try and space out your oxy. Take a weeks worth and split it into 3 or 4 good trips rather than using everyday. If you don't have the willpower to do this, then you certainly shouldn't be getting involved with smack.