• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

dexedrine and lack of motivation/organization

sarahsweets

Bluelighter
Good morning all. I have been on dex spansules and ir for the past year or so for add and depression. I'm lucky because my tolerance is low and I do not abuse it. I have found though that its hit or miss with its effectiveness. There are days where I can feel it and focus great and other days where I'm chill and get hyperfocused on screwing around and not doing what I need to do. I'm very scatter brained so having this medication or another work is imperative. I've heard that adderall can sometimes be better for focus and motivation but due to my anxiety and fear of the L-isomer I hesitate to ask my doctor for it. My dex dose is 15mg spansule in the am and 10mg ir at 2 pm. I have tried increasing the dex dose but the effects are no diiferent than the prescribed dose. Does anyone else experience this? Did you switch to a different medication or just dealt with it? I appreciate your thoughts and help with this I'm getting really annoyed. Cheers! Sarah

You're probably just developing a tolerance to the Dexedrine, which is completely natural. Switching to Adderall may work for you, but, in my experience and everybody else I know that's used/been prescribed psychostimulants, if Dexedrine doesn't work for you, Adderall certainly won't do shit. Your case may be different, and there isn't any harm in trying, if you ask me.

You mentioned that you need the Dex for work, and thats understandable, but the next time you have a day or two off, try not to take it, or to take less.

Also, make sure you're eating enough and getting lots and lots of vitamins and minerals, specifically magnesium. For some people, the addition of the supplement 5-HTP to their diet helps their amphetamines out. Yet another option is to potentiate the Dexedrine by consuming some baking soda or Tums antiacids 30-45 minutes before you eat your Dexedrine.

A combo might be best. That's what my doc suggested when i wasn't getting enough from the vyvanse alone, so Vyvanse 70mg + Adderall 30mg IR / day.. which was a bit overkill for me so i usually took 1/2 of that

I find adderall is useful for multitasking and manual labor but plain d-amp (vyvanse/dex) is best for focus-based/creative tasks

d,l amp gives me the push to move around and work
d-amp gives me the motivation to focus on one thing at a time

^^ yea, I like it when I combine 5mg of dex w/ 5mg of adderall. I'm usually an anxious person and sensitive to amphetamines--thus the low dose--but this seems to work fine for me.

Adderall will not work well for some people like me all it does is cause irritation. As well as annoying nausea. I think maybe your should try the spansules if on ir tabs or increase the dose and talk to a doctor.

please tell me that there is at 1 orther person that likes to use sonata recreational

People probabl are sick of me talking sonata all time would stimulants make them more euphoric I don't mind the amnesia just was wondering if there were any fools like myself that want or have tried some kind of risk. I guess then it be a powerball? Pussyball? I'm not real sure on that one yet. Show me some love with some tips!