• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids taking the new OP pills sublingually vs chewing vs parachuting?

waldo777

Bluelighter
As the title suggests, does anyone think / know if pulverizing the new OP pills into a fine powder and then putting that powder under one's tongue and periodically swallowing the "juice" so as to keep the powder under the tongue and in the mouth for as long as possible result in a decent amount of oxy being absorbed?

And generally what have been people's experiences with sublingual ROA of oxycodone?

Thanks

(P.S. Mods, I thought about putting this in an existing OP pill thread, but thought this such a narrow topic it could be its own thread, but if you think this should be merged then I trust your judgment, thanks)

Last edited:
There is already a whole thread dedicated to making OP's into IR (or as close as you will get to it)

But I like to take a 40, bite in half and let it set between my cheek and gum and just 'playing' with it in my mouth until both parts dissolve. This may or maynot be ok to someone with a tolerance , and there is no 'rush' like snorting the old ones had. However I do get a long lasting mellow high. I'm sure there are better ways to ingest them , but I love this way.

^ "strigoi"
i am aware of, and have participated in the two threads about extracting the oxycodone from the OP pills. However, my main concern is not how to extract the oxycodone from the OP's, because as you said, this has already been covered. Perhaps i was unclear and will edit to change that, but meanwhile, to clarify;

I was primarily asking if anybody knew if oxycodone could be efficiently absorbed sublingually, as well as through the gums or the inside of one's cheeks?
---not just the oxy in the new OP's, but the drug oxycodone itself, regardless of the pill or form it is in?

I asked about whether or not this could be done with the OP's because of their unique formulation.

So, IF oxycodone could be successfully absorbed via the SL ROA, then could it still be done with the OP pills, or would their specific time release mechanism significantly effect oxycodone's BA via this route?

thanks in advance

Oxycodone has an excellent oral bioavailibility. The usual reasons to dose buccally are to avoid first pass metabolism or damage that the strong stomach acids might cause. In this case I see no reason why once fully ground it would be advantageous to have the oxy just in your mouth as opposed to your stomach. Unless that is the new OP design is made such that the high acidic environment actually slows down the dissolution compared to just sitting in your saliva, but I think this is pretty unlikely.

i agree with you in regards to the OP pills, but i would make the analogy of benzo's to see why taking something SL (sublingually) has it's advantages;

Benzo's generally have a high oral BA just like oxycodone does. And even though a typical benzo such as xanax will begin causing effects w/in 10-20 minutes, SL formulations of these benzo's exist b/c the onset is faster, even if just slightly, making the effects that much stronger as well.

So if this concept holds true for oxycodone, why not use it? The drug will still be taken orally and so there would be no drop in the amount of drug absorbed compared to eating it. But more importantly, the portion of the drug taken SL would be absorbed faster and that part would be more intense, just as IV'ing is more intense than swallowing is.

But thats only if oxycodone has a high SL BA, and also if the enzymes in one's saliva don't somehow degrade the drug.

^[Btw, that is something if been wondering about for a while, so even off topic, maybe someone knows the answer---Does saliva degrade ANY common drug if left in the mouth for 30-60 minutes. Im thinking of various Benzo's and Bupe mainly, but I'm sure i've forgotten 1 or 2]

thanks all

Well I thought this was about breaking the OP pill but disregarding that I would think sublingual is quite a promising method of delivery.

The mean sublingual bioavailability of oxycodone was 45.4% ± 20.1% and 70.1% ± 17.9%, for pH 4.0 and 9.0, respectively.
http://www.aapspharmscitech.org/view.asp?art=pt070123

So assuming an ingested B.A. of 75% onset of action sublingually could very likely be better.

Still this is assuming you get the pill into solution so if it's a piece of gunky OP sitting in your mouth I don't think it'd be optimal compared to strong stomach acids.

Does saliva degrade ANY common drug if left in the mouth for 30-60 minutes.
Saliva is mostly water and bit of mucous. Though it must have some enzymes to break down food in the mouth I think they are limited and wouldn't affect any drugs. Someone please point out if I am wrong though.

edit:
Saliva (though 98% water) contains 'amylase' and 'salivary lipase' which begin breaking down starch and fat respectively.

Last edited:
- Amapola,

Thank you for your wonderfully helpful responses to all my questions. I may come off as arogant at times but never think so of myself, I appreciate it when I am corrected and can add the new info to my knowldge bank. So I retract my belief that SL was beneficial or that saliva was destroying my meds. (BTW, there is one or more enzymes I'm aware of in saliva that start breaking down bread and the like, but I'm unaware of others or if there even are others)

Just one more question/hypothetical:
If one were "sucking" on ground up OP pills, might some be absorbed? And IME 3 80mg OPs ground up can be chewed until almost no solids remain, it takes about 20 minutes, requires that soda or w/e be periodically added, continue chewing, and then useing your tongue and teeth as a sieve, swallow only the liquid in your mouth. Repeat many times and eventually you will have swallowed only a liquid form of OP, (and possibly have some oxy absorb through the membranes in the mouth) I've found this to be very effective, but perhaps the other teks were just ineffective or its a placebo effecr. Anyone have experience, opions?

waldo777,

I just edited by previous post to make it a bit clearer and add some more information. I was in fact encouraging your experiments with sublingual dosing of oxycodone as the bioavailibility was shown to be quite comparable to eating it in that one study. I'm sure I can scrounge up a paper on time to peak plasma concentration as well when I have chance or if someone else wants to take a look. I'm quite confident it will be faster with sublingual though.

Regarding the method of chewing with soda I think the limiting factor is still breaking down the OP's ER delivery method. This method results in a large amount of physical agitation, the corrosive properties of cola, and the liquid still getting down into your stomach for further processing, so it seems like a good a try as any. I doubt we'll have any data other than anecdotal reports on how this works so if it successful for you then go for it. The cola is acidic though and according to the study quoted in my previous post will reduce buccal absorption.

if I parachuted using 2ply instead of 1ply and I don't think (x drug) has gotten to me what's the timeline for a possible release?

if I parachuted using 2ply instead of 1ply and I don't think (x drug) has gotten to me what's the timeline for a possible release?

I am semi confused about your question, but if you parachuted a pill using 2 ply toilet paper as opposed to 1 ply, the difference would be negligible. When that little bit of paper hits your stomach acids it is going to disintegrate very quickly. Parachuting a powder should start to hit you within 15-20 minutes, for initial effects. Time to peak depends on the substance. I don't have experience with the OP oxycontins so I cannot give an accurate answer in regards to how well parachuting them works.

I have been cutting them into like 8 pieces using a knife, I let them sit under my tongue for about half an hour and then swallow. I get plentyyyy fucked up.

What happens to the pills' consistency after letting them sit there for 30 minutes? Do they become jelly like, or remain somewhat hard in the centers? Can you compare the consistency of the pills via that route to the consistency of the pills after sitting in some sort of drinkable liquid for the same 30 minutes? Very curious, thanks

@waldo777
i just got done trying this. i bite them into a few peices and then let it sit in my mouth for a while an they do in fact start to turn into little peices of jelly. i wanted to see if it would hit me any harder sublingually. not sure if it made to much of a difference really. i think the problem is because the OP oxy's just turn to little peices of jelly and then dont really wanna break down anymore after that. you could try bitting the little peices of jelly but i found that to be kind of difficult cause they are like kind of a gummy jelly so you end up jus chewing on it but wont break down anymore after that. i would suspect the best way would be to jus chew em up in as small of peices as possible then jus swallow it and drink a bit of water. thats jus what i think. i could be wrong.

There is already a whole thread dedicated to making OP's into IR (or as close as you will get to it)

A comment like this would be much more helpful with a link! Man I'm looking everywhere (yes I UTFSE) and can't seem to find it. And the megathread is no help at all either.

Anyone care to share a link to that thread? 'twould be much appreciated.