• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Nose damage from pills.

sveets

Bluelighter
At first I thought they were just dried snot/boogers but it seems more like scabs/cuts and dried blood. I blow a couple Roxys everyday, usually a minimum of 2 a day and up to around 5 or 6. I know the best solution would be to just stop snorting pills altogether but I just don't know if I will be able to do that in the near future. I guess I'm just looking for some advice on how to heal my nostrils if its possible. I have some nose spray stuff that is labled as a "nasal moisturizing spray" but it hasn't really helped, but that could be due to the fact that I'm still snorting pills after using it. Should I try to just eat my oxy for about a week or something while using this spray to give my nostrils a rest and hopefully heal them?

There have been a few threads on this issue recently. Putting the pills into solution and snorting that is your best bet for minimizing the damage to your nose. The solubility of oxy-hcl is 1g/6ml so you don't need a lot of liquid (source). Taking a break would be a great idea as well and if you are up for it plugging the drug is very similar to snorting in quick onset of action but could give your nose a break.

Good Luck

Amapola covered it pretty much, but one question. How come you don't consider switching to taking your oxycodone orally? At least for a while to help your nose heal. The bio-availability for oral oxycodone is considerably greater than intranasal. I understand the desire to snort things, I used to be the same way when I was into oxycodone. When taking them orally, you may not get the quick onset you are used to, but orally the high lasts considerably longer in my experience. Also the increase in BA makes up for the slower onset in my opinion. If taken on an empty stomach, you should start feeling the effects within 20 minutes, anyways.

your nasal spray is called Afrin!! Afrin or anything similar to it is the WORST thing you can take to clear your nose. Its just as addictive as opiates and when you don't have it your nose closes up so tight that you will literally die if you couldn't breath outta your mouth. Its sooooo dangerous, your nose is clogged because your snorting to many roxy's, yet imo I feel that pure oxy or roxy opens up your nose without using anything to cut the roxy example: tylenol, acetaminophin. Forcing your nose open to snort more pills is so bad for you.......

To the OP, this isn't an answer per se, but I'm having similar looking gunk being blown into my tissues...after a few hard blows where just plain old snot comes out, then I give a hard blow and this dime almost quarter sized, half scab, half caked up powder glob comes shooting out of my nose. It is so dense it often blows through the tissue, and is kind of folded in half, where I can unfold it and see the caked powder between the layers of scab and blood. I've been worried I'm doing permanent damage....is this at all what your boogers look like?

Repeated snorting of pills can severely dry out your nasal passages. It also can cause vasoconstriction of the tiny blood vessels, and after repeated abuse the tissue will die. This is how people end up with deviated septums. Scabs and clots will form, and this is most likely what you are blowing out. Once your nose gets to this condition, I HIGHLY suggest taking a break from snorting pills. I am not sure for a fact, but I also could imagine the effectiveness of nasal administration can decrease due to tissue death in the nasal passages, and damage to the mucus membranes.

You need to switch to snorting a liquid solution, or switch ROAs all together. Continued insufflation will only result in more devastating damage over time.

my nasal spray is different from Afrin.

im not blowing out huge chunks of scar tissue or scabs or w/e, i can just feel them forming in my nose. My nostrils just always feel dry lately, which must be from the pills. I think i'm going to switch to eating them or mixing it with a little water

I don't mean to be rude so please don't read the following as such. What you said OP was contradictory, it isn't that the scabs are being blown out that is troubling, but the fact that the scab is there at all. And if you really do feel scabs forming inside your nose, then you are smarter than I (and have more will power too!) If you are going to switch your ROA to oral dosing. Goodluck and good health, wish I had caught on and done so earlier...

I get those nosril.scabs when i binge on oxycodone for a few days. Its also got to the point where same sores pop up on connors of mouth and sometimes even on face. I thought i may have turned allergic to it but dr said more likely immune system drops. The nose sores actually never go away. Even when not inflamed i can see the scar. Its flesh colored like a crack or wrinkle but four days at h8gh dosage and they swell up.........i suggest that liver amino acid that antidote for acetmetaphan. Even 8f it isnt cut an unhealthy liver will put marks on your face. Orajel numbs it up pretty good if you cant stop. I s7ggeet you do though cause a shitty immune system can cause orgsns to fail.