• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Fencamfamine analog

fencamfamine

Bluelighter
Some months ago I was lucky enough to sample 60mg of fencamfamine - it is without a doubt the best stimulant I have ever tried. I have read that it has opioid activity & this seemed apparent in the euphoria and relaxed (for a stimulant!) feel.

I decided to have a look at the SAR to see what else is out there with similar activity. Tilidine, which is a prodrug (nortilidine is the active principal) certainly sounds similar. More opioid activity but there is certainly DRI activity. I see it has become a big problem in Germany - much media hype but some truth.

Cypenamine, with N-alkylation looks like it would also have fencamfamine-like activity but to really push up the opioid activity, one would assume an ester at the alpha position would be important.

It turns out that this has been researched. The propanoate ester of 2β-methylamino-1-phenylcyclopentanol is an opioid analgesic with an activity slightly higher than morphine & DRI activity around 50% of methamphetamine.

From the paper I read, it is apparent that the ester could be added to the fencamfamine skeleton just as easily but my question is, does that second ring perform an important function? I suspect that the cyclopentane/cyclohexene performs an important function on confirmation.

Many thanks for your help in this.
-F-

Last edited:
I still wonder if adding an ester function to fencamfamine would kill DRI so much. The synthesis isn't daunting, but the precursor is quite costly.

It would probably kill the duration at the least; esters are usually hit pretty quick by serum cholinesterases.

You would think so, but nortilidine - for example, is still 6 hours duration. The reversed-esters are only slightly shorter acting

Has it been researched if Fencamfamine is an opioid agonist or if the effects are mediated via other mechanisms? Which isomer has the strongest opioid effects?

Are there known derivatives with substitutions on the phenyl ring? (I read in a med/gov paper that possible analogues would be substituted on the phenyl-ring, not like camfetamine on the carbon-chain of the amine)

Some months ago I was lucky enough to sample 60mg of fencamfamine - it is without a doubt the best stimulant I have ever tried. I have read that it has opioid activity & this seemed apparent in the euphoria and relaxed (for a stimulant!) feel.

Best stimulant for productivity or recreation? What makes it so good?

I've read that pretreatment with naloxone blocked the reinforcing effects (conditioned place preference) of fencamfamine, but I doubt it demonstrates direct opioid activity, because naloxone is dysphoric in itself. Researchers used the same method (opioid antagonist pretreatment) to study "Runners' High", but the involvement of endogenous opioid peptides is also highly questionable, because of the same reason.

It´s also suggested to have opioid activity becouse it´s sedating in lower doses:
Some experiments also suggest a role for opioid receptors in the activity of fencamfamine, as low doses can cause paradoxical sedation, and some effects of the drug are blocked by naloxone.
http://www.drugbank.ca/drugs/DB01463
Why is it listed under stimulants and antipsychotic agents?

I like Camfetamine (as far as they are compareable to CFA) really much, the effects are very smooth with a relaxed stimulation and a confident feeling, it´s also possible to sleep if you take only low doses (5-20mg) and it can be combined relative safely with many substances. I like to take it with Benzos becouse it makes me euphoric and awake but doesn´t take away the relaxation and headspace like amphetamines would do.

Tilidine is no stimulant at all,it has some very weak stimulating effects maybe akin to oxycodone,maybe even less than from oxy.
I was on it for a year in high doses trust me its no stimulant,you dont focus better on it,the DARI effects are very weak compared to traditional reuptake inhibitors like ritalin

I wonder how close it is, seeing it's conformational structure in regard to binding, to phenmetrazine. Has anyone whose tried both able to give a comparison? phenmetrazine/preludin, was quite liked in it's time of widely available prevalence. (1950s U.S.m, often quoted colloqually as being preferred over N-methylated amphetamine)

Comparison between phenmetrazine and camfetamine? never had the original phenmetrazine, but have had 3-fluorophenmetrazine, and camfetamine and they are the two finest stimulants I've ever had the pleasure of trying.

I think an ester at the 3 position would be required for decent opioid activity. An appropriate Diels-Alder reaction will work for the tertiary amine but N-demethylation would be a whole host of fun. It would be of interest to extend the QSAR of the phenylcycloalkylamine class. Tilidine's reversed ester overlays it perfectly (using a cyclopentane in place of the cyclohexene) and the methylene bridge means that yes, you can overlay with them both and the result is more rigid. As a compound per se, it has no particular value. I would say nortilidine is stimulating. Certainly it overlays cypenamine perfectly and felt somewhat stimulating but I am terribly sensitive to stimulants so YMMV or MEMBB....

3-FPM is Pretty Good Stuff, at least w.r.t. cleanliness of high and lack of a severe crash. Amphetamine may be better; I'm not sure as I haven't had the ability to compare and contrast the two across a shorter time scale.

3-FPM is Pretty Good Stuff, at least w.r.t. cleanliness of high and lack of a severe crash. Amphetamine may be better; I'm not sure as I haven't had the ability to compare and contrast the two across a shorter time scale.

I was a little put of because of the 3-TFM ethylamphetamine (part of PhenFen) had decent 5HT2b affinity which causes 'issues'. The best of the class is the -Me analogs. The p-Me is a serotonin releaser, the m-Me dopamine/norepinephrine releaser so a 2:1 mix emulates MDMA. Of course, in my country, all psychoactive drugs are illegal so no more trials. If you think about it, it is hardly a work of design genius. More like a join-the-dots QSAR design based on the p-Me/m-Me amphetamines.

The appropriate styrenes have CAS numbers and it is only 1 step + workup.

The 4-monosubstituted simple amphetamines/N-alkylamphetamines seem to be a fucking nasty bunch. PMA, PMMA, 4-MA, 4-MMA, are well known for being fucking toxic, 4-haloamphetamines save 4-fluoroamphetamines are outright neurotoxins, and whilst AFAIK, not neurotoxic, 4-methylthioamphetamine is an MAOI, and dangerous as such, the street name, IIRC when it surfaced for a time was 'flatliners', which is fairly self explanatory.

I'd near enough bet money on 4-nitro or 4-cyanoamphetamine, being pseudohalogens and highly electronegative, being similar serotonergic neurotoxins to para-iodoamphetamine/4-Br/4-Cl.

Also para-methylamphetamines are known to cause pretty serious long-lasting side effects and severe serotonin depletion. None of these are anything you'd want to use outside of as tools for in-vitro assays on cell lines.

I was a little put of because of the 3-TFM ethylamphetamine (part of PhenFen) had decent 5HT2b affinity which causes 'issues'.

Thankfully fluorine and trifluoromethyl groups are quite different, SAR-wise.