• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

Goodbye Kevin (robatussin), you will be missed.

dilated_pupils

Bluelighter
Kevin ‘Robatussin’ Short 3.3.1984 – 2.18.2011

Here is a link to Kevin's profile: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/member.php?u=37528

n682021902_164714_9867.jpg

On the morning of Friday the 18th of Feb. (just two weeks shy of his 27th birthday) Kevin’s heart decided it fought long and hard enough. Kevin had struggled with drug addiction, and its accompanying psychological pain, for over a decade.

I've known Kevin for years, originally meeting him through Bluelight. He was a smart guy who was given many chances to turn his life around, and yet he kept on a self destructive path.

He died of an overdose after a few months of binging on MDPV and other drugs. On the 18th of Feb. 2011 he had IVed MDPV, heroin and smoked crack cocaine. Unfortunately he was able to get his hands on more heroin than was obviously needed for a fix and overdosed and was not found until morning by a friend.

Kevin you will be greatly missed, you taught me more than you probably know, and I am happy to have been there for you in times of need. We had some great times and some horrible ones, but I will keep your memory living on telling the stories that showed how great of a person you really were.

There will be more added to this thread once I am able to think a bit more clearly, but I felt the need to at least write this out for now. I will write up a story of the events leading up to his overdose for the sake of knowing that it may help even 1 person learn that enough is enough. Chasing that ultimate high and then some is pointless, I learned this the hard way many times over, and I am lucky to be alive myself.

Losing those you love and care about to drugs is a horrible way to learn a lesson, but if you do not take a lesson from their death then you are not honoring their memory correctly in my eyes.

Unfortunately this is not my first friend to die of an overdose; I sincerely hope it to be the last.

R.I.P Kevin

Last edited:
Crap. After not talking to him for a while I heard from him in December. Things seemed to be improving at that time...

RIP

:(

I was lucky to get to know Kevin over the last few months and I'll certainly miss him. He was incredibly caring and had endless curiosity. He truly loved the BL community and made a lot of important and very real connections around here and affected many lives. He was passionate about his music and I think it would really honor him if we all spent some time listening to it (you can find some of it here and here) and remembering the impact he had.

I just listened to some of his music, and when i was listening to the song "Methadone", it nearly brought tears to my eyes.. The lyrics really hit close to home and I am sure they rang true for Kevin as well.

I was lucky to get to know Kevin over the last few months and I'll certainly miss him. He was incredibly caring and had endless curiosity. He truly loved the BL community and made a lot of important and very real connections around here and affected many lives. He was passionate about his music and I think it would really honor him if we all spent some time listening to it (you can find some of it here and here) and remembering the impact he had.

Thank you for posting these links, I have been very busy with a lot on my mind and unfortunately Kevin dying is not the only bad thing to happen lately, although it definitely takes the cake... and then eats it too.

Kevins fb:
Kevin's Facebook

Link to group page: In Loving Memory of Kevin Short

If you choose to go on the facebook pages, please be respectful -- his family is using the group page I just made along with his friends, but his facebook page is seen my all as well so keep it PG, thank you.

My Facebook: Please PM me for info and I will contact/add you ASAP -- if you have any PM's/pictures/writing etc. from Kevin please send it to me, thank you

-dp

Last edited:
I just listened to some of his music, and when i was listening to the song "Methadone", it nearly brought tears to my eyes.. The lyrics really hit close to home and I am sure they rang true for Kevin as well.

What's really hard right now for me specifically is that my best friend Rich and I both used Bluelight, happened to meet Kevin separately and then I find out he grew up in my home town while [wait for it] living next to my buddy Rich's cousin.

However the part that is hard... Rich died back in '08 and it effected Kevin more than I thought it did. I thought of that as a good thing though because it's what made me get clean from opiates ultimately

>>>death<<<|>>>life<<<

I chose life. I thought Kevin did too. But living to just live is not living, it's surviving at minimum. I will miss Kevin a lot and I sincerely hope once I get the report written up that people take it to heart and learn something from it.

Research chemicals are no joke when you binge on them, IV them, mix them, etc etc...

Not to mention we all know how drugs effect our bodies physically. Before you know it a week of MDPV use lowers your weight by 7 pounds, do it for a month+ well you get my point :|

I feel lucky to have connected to his family in some ways though, I believe it will be good to keep his memory going and to remember/learn from his experiences while on this earth.

-dp

Omfg. Dude no. 2 friends dying in less than 3 months now. Wow fucking A Kevin. We were going to do some great projects. I never got to call you back from your last phone call after that Skype Jam sesh either. You were a great friend and really helped me further dive more into the minimalistic art we oh so loved. I am utterly speachless atm. I knew him for almost 10 years, and was finally going to meet me IRL lately this year. We were supposed to cut a record. I was just about to go to bed too. Kevin, you will never read this, and from how well I knew you, I'll leave it at this.....one of my first EPs cut will have "schizophrenia" and "The Birds Went North" on it. Today is definitely a day to work on one of them.

GOD FUCKING DAMMIT KEV!

sigh (and this isn't even going to make me even consider stopping using dope). I just talked to the fucker on the phone and skype a couple days ago.

Hey guys, and Kevin would fully agree, he is better off now. I knew him that well. Quite well actually. He is no longer suffering at all. He doesn't even has to wash his hands or get dope sick anymore! :D

Long live Robotussin!

I didn't know him, but my heart has sunk to the pit of my gut....

Rest well.

Seems I remember him, not well personally but cuz I remembered the 'misspelling' (robitussin) of his name as robatussin... chatted with him under my old username MDPVagrant. Sorry to hear about this. RIP.

I chose life. I thought Kevin did too. But living to just live is not living, it's surviving at minimum. I will miss Kevin a lot and I sincerely hope once I get the report written up that people take it to heart and learn something from it.

Research chemicals are no joke when you binge on them, IV them, mix them, etc etc...

Not to mention we all know how drugs effect our bodies physically. Before you know it a week of MDPV use lowers your weight by 7 pounds, do it for a month+ well you get my point :|
Sounds like it was mostly the heroin OD tho, from the original post, although losing a lot of weight could make such an OD quite a bit easier.

Too much heroin will get ya tho, whereas an OD on RC's probably won't kill anyone (but they are bad for you, of course).

Wow... R.I.P Kevin. Didn't know him but it's always so sad to hear of a fellow BL'er passing. :(
My condolences to his friends & family, may they mourn in peace.