Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

How does Temazepam affect you ??

grabsex&bmx

Bluelighter
Temazepam can be real good fun to have when you are speeding but alot of the people that have taken it report vastly different feelings from it !
Since the drug is pharmacutical then we can assume that it is not varying in strength all the time, however peoples reaction to them are always so different.
Some users will just slowly fall asleep ,
some users report a wicked smacky feeling like an E but for much less money,
and some users experience an even greater speeding feeling from these pills.
I have also known people to even wack em up as well, since they are already liquid .
I am interested in finding out how others go while on Temazepam, lets hear some more opinions on this topic !!!
[Edit: Fixed chemical name in post and title. BigTrancer]
[ 01 May 2002: Message edited by: BigTrancer ]

Temazepam (aka Temaze, Euhypnos, Normison) is a benzodiazepine. Other drugs in the family include Diazapam (valium) and flunitrazepam (rohypnol) to name a few. "The Australian Guide to Prescription Drugs" (1994) states:
The exact action of this drug and other drugs in the benzodiazepine group is not known. It works on the central nervous system." So its a depressant, but no one really knows why...
Its not uncommon to get nausea after taking tempazepam, particularly if you've consumed any alcohol. Avoid alcohol at all costs with tempazepam. It can make you really sick. Generally, Temazepam can make you dizzy, and can give you an awful headache.
Mixing downers with uppers can be dangerous. You can have heart palpitations and other heart complications. Temazepam is probably not good to mix with speed.
All the benzo family of drugs are really addictive. The withdrawls from valium can be fatal, for example. You'll also develop dependence quickly if you use them daily. You should really avoid taking them too often.
As for whacking up temazepam because they are liquid...You need to know that this is extremely dangerous. The are hundreds of people in Australia who have lost limbs in recent years from shooting up tempazepam. The gel caps (lil football ones) are oil based. When this oil gets into the blood stream, it coagulates and forms blood clots. This generally happens in the small veins of the fingers, which often need to be amputated after the fingers turn gangrenous. This is very common with injected temapzepam. There's currently debate around whether or not there is a safe way to inject tempazepam. Doctors I know won't prescribe the gel caps, because they refuse to be responsible for someone losing an arm. I belive there are new controls over gel cap temazepam making them harder to get. Injecting temazepam is one thing hardup says "Just say no" to.
If you have injected tempazepam in the past and you notice any wierd bumps on your skin, or discoloration of your hands, find yourself a cool doctor and get along and see them. There are things that can be done, although early intevention is the key. Don't hesitate to ask for help if you think something has gone wrong.
VicHealth Website on tempazepam injecting...Pretty Pictures!
[ 25 April 2002: Message edited by: hardup ]

Originally posted by hardup:
All the benzo family of drugs are really addictive. The withdrawls from valium can be fatal, for example. You'll also develop dependence quickly if you use them daily. YOu should really avoid taking them too often.
[ 25 April 2002: Message edited by: hardup ]

WERD...
Having had a tazzie addiction in association with a codeine addiction, I can vouch for the withdrawals. It's the fact that I handled an addiction to these drugs for over 2 years without it affecting any part of my life, and managed to kick the habit fairly easily that I have faith with handling other drugs.
Having said that, they are still up there with my favourite all time drugs, and I am always happy when I get some :p

"The exact action of this drug and other drugs in the benzodiazepine group is not known. It works on the central nervous system."
I can't believe they legally sell a drug when they dont even know how it works. What a fucked up world.

They do have a vague idea how benzodiazepines work.
They appear to affect several mechanisms in the central nervous system, and exert their effects by binding to specific receptors at specific site.
For memory i believe its the GABA (gamma-aminobutyric acid) receptors which are effected. Benzos inhibit the GABA receptor presynaptically........
Correct me if Im wrong........

*Waves* Recovered Temazzie fiend over here! ;) Thanx heap for all that info Hardup; I still like to pop a Temazepam every now & then and might have been tempted to shoot it at some stage so I owe my arms to you!
& yeah would definatly agree that Benzo's are the easiest things to get hooked on so play safe everyone

Benzo's inhibit the GABA receptors... Heh heh! :)
I reckon I'd need a few benzos to listen to that crap! ;)
Disclaimer: bad joke, sorry...

Thankyou guys for all of your advice regarding temmazzi's, I didnt know alot about the drug and knowledge is an important thing when deciding whether to keep using or not !!!

grabsex&bmx look for better benzo's! temazepam is a very weak, short lasting benzodiazepine that has little recreational use. They are great for getting to sleep after a night out but besides that there aren't many great uses for them. Time seems to go very slowly on them and its so hard to stay awake when your on temazepam.
Valium, Xanax, Rohypnol, Klopin, etc are a lot stronger and more euphoric.
I say temazepam's best use is for sleep. (it is no way comparable to the smacky feeling u get from E!)

go-ee, I prefer to disagree, I find them very good for recreational use. Sure they aren't a party drug, but if you're like me and like to sit in front of a TV and turn your body off then they are quite good, especially with a beer. I found valium made me neutral emotionally, so I couldn't be happy or sad...
I know there are better out there, but these are by no means completely useless. However, I can see how you could get nothing out of them, it is a pretty specific feeling I get out of them and I could understand how not everyone would like it. :)

Originally posted by Pleonastic:
Benzo's inhibit the GABA receptors... Heh heh! :)
I reckon I'd need a few benzos to listen to that crap! ;)
Disclaimer: bad joke, sorry...

heyyyy!!!!!!!!!!
gabber be the shit :)

GABA interneurons are regulators for other neurotransmitters and central nervous system pathways. GABA is the main inhibitory neurotransmitter in the brain, estimated to be involved in about 30% of CNS synapses. GABAb receptors are G protein types, and GABAa receptors are ligand gated ion channels, which produce fast inhibitory actions. GABAa are located post synaptically
Many drugs are agonists (produce more of a response) or antagonists (produce less or no response) at their target binding site. Benzos are different. They are termed modulators and affect GABAa receptors by binding to a different part of the receptor than endogenous (natural body) ligands. This allows endogenous binding but alters the result.
Benzodiazepines are highly selective for GABAa receptors. However benzos don’t bind with all GABAa receptors. GABAa receptors are formed by 4 protein subunits. One part (gamma subunit) can exist in three forms, and only 2 will bind with benzos. This means some parts of the brain are not altered by the action of benzos.
Benzos are hypnotic drugs and so reduce the proportion of REM sleep, although less than other classes. However, quality of sleep has been shown to be drastically reduced (below normal) after 32 week of taking them.
Hardup mentioned exact mechanisms. Since the early nineties much has been learned about the actions of these drugs, although there is still much unknown. GABA pathways are numerous, and action in certain brain areas is yet to be determinded.
Temazepam is listed as having a half life of 8-12 hours. Like diazepam it is first metabolized into oxazepam then via phase II metabolism into a glucuronide that is easily excreted.
My advice is to check with your doc regarding your health, get your own prescription and don’t take them regularly. The horror stories abound. After 2-3 years on benzos, your body will smell differently, to the point where three showers a day won’t reduce the reaction of people towards you. They are sinister compounds if abused, but a bloody good relaxant for sore muscles if taken before bed.
ChEmIcaL NiGhT it could probably be said that complete metabolic pathways, including each and every secondary reaction etc., are only known for a small fraction of drugs, if that. We are complicated creatures, each in our own unique biochemical way.
Refs:
Hamilton, Kellehear and Rumbold; 1999, Drug use in Australia
Rang, Dale and Ritter; 2002, Pharmacology

I would like to reinforce hardup's message. Temazepam is one drug that really shouldn't be injected. The gel caps were designed specifically to make them hard to inject - the liquid is very sticky and thus it blocks veins. However, this hasn't been enough to stop some people from shooting up and they have lost limbs through blocked circulation. I personally know quite a few people who have to live without fingers, legs, arms... for what? All the injecting can do is bring on the effects of the temazepam immediately. It also means the drug will be metabolised more quickly, ie the effects wear off more quickly.
If you swallow them, you will feel the effects within 20 minutes anyway and they will last longer. Frankly, if 20 minutes means I get to keep my legs, I can wait that long!
My understanding is that the gel caps are now only available on prescription with a PSB authority, but I'm not entirely sure of my facts here.
Temazepam is a mild hypnotic designed specifically to induce sleep, as opposed to say Valium (diazepam) which has a more tranquilising effect and reduces anxiety. However, they are similar drugs. If temazepam is taken at prescribed dosages, you will be normally be able to resist sleep if you try to do so because you like the effect. However, it will help you to get to sleep if that's what you want.
The benzodiazepines are designed for short-term (no longer than 14 days continuously) or occasional use. Physical dependence occurs quite rapidly and many people find the withdrawals worse than heroin withdrawal. Withdrawals don't set in for up to a week after someone stops using them and in severe cases can be life-threatening with seizures. For this reason heavy users are put on a gradual "reducing regime" to get off them, rather than stopping abruptly.
When people start to use benzos regularly they often have a paradoxical effect, ie instead of making you feel relaxed and mellow they will actually start to cause anxiety and agitation. Depression is common too and people can become incredibly scattered and chaotic with little memory of events afterwards.
Be careful with these drugs and plan your usage in a very controlled way. They can be a lot more trouble than they're worth.
[Edit: Fixed chemical name for Valium. BigTrancer]
[ 01 May 2002: Message edited by: BigTrancer ]

Simply
*Temazepam - good for getting to sleep (lasts bout 6 hours). Doesnt have the drowsiness of valium after waking up.
*Valium - takes a while to get you to sleep, but very good at *keeping* you asleep. lasts bout 8 hours, may find drowsy afterwards.
Valium *seems* more addictive than temazepam, which may indicate doctors preference for prescribing temazepam these days. Valium can also affect ones motivation if taking too often.
Cant say i recomend either for *hey i took this factor*, unless you have sleep pattern problems. Also not recomended if having had alcohol.
[ 01 May 2002: Message edited by: Smurf ]