PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Is there a tolerance on MXE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bidybag

Bluelighter
I know MXE is a dissociative drug like ketamine but i am wondering, is there a tolerance that can build up for it?

I know with stims the tolerance builds pretty fast and stuff like 6-apb uses a lot of serotonin which means the next time you do it, it isn't as good unless you wait a long time. Since MXE doesn't use serotonin and isn't a stim, can you build up a tolerance?

Also are there any known long or short term effects on doing MXE?

Yes, methoxetamine use will result in a tolerance. I would expect it to be cross-tolerant with Ketamine and also PCP/DXM to a lesser extent.

Short term and long-term effects are likely similar to Ketamine. I bet it'll destroy your bladder all the same if you do grams a day for a while.

Methoxetamine does definityl develop a tolerance!

I have been using regularly over the last 3 months (rougly 4 times a week) and have now built up a very tolerance to the point where I have decided to stop use just because of the high doses needs for it to take effect and weakening of the effects.

Up until last week i was needing to bomb ~200mg for any noticeable effects and havn't reached the 'm-hole' in weeks despite somenights consuming ~500mg.

At high doses it now now gives me a distinct dissociation to the point where I have had some of the most bizarre mental states i could ever imagine but also recently i have simply 'lost' many hours of my life as I seem to become someone else or go elsewhere. i'll appear semi normal people who are around me but do things, have whole conversations, perform tasks that i have zero recollection of doing when I recover - all while it seems to me the drug has had no effect on me and i'm just being myself!

Despite this it has not seemed to effect my normal every day life, i usually does early evening and am fine for work the next day. It also has had profound positive effects on daily life in that I habe become a more socialable and positive person where as usually I used to be right grumpy withdrawn bastard.

I have been using regularly over the last 3 months (rougly 4 times a week) and have now built up a very tolerance to the point where I have decided to stop use just because of the high doses needs for it to take effect and weakening of the effects.

Up until last week i was needing to bomb ~200mg for any noticeable effects and havn't reached the 'm-hole' in weeks despite somenights consuming ~500mg.

At high doses it now now gives me a distinct dissociation to the point where I have had some of the most bizarre mental states i could ever imagine but also recently i have simply 'lost' many hours of my life as I seem to become someone else or go elsewhere. i'll appear semi normal people who are around me but do things, have whole conversations, perform tasks that i have zero recollection of doing when I recover - all while it seems to me the drug has had no effect on me and i'm just being myself!

Despite this it has not seemed to effect my normal every day life, i usually does early evening and am fine for work the next day. It also has had profound positive effects on daily life in that I habe become a more socialable and positive person where as usually I used to be right grumpy withdrawn bastard.

i cant agree more about what you've touched on here and also the part about being a more sociable and positive person is definitely noticeable.. i dont mind it but a tolerance break is in need...

how long do you people think it will take to lose the tolerance? perhaps a month?

BUMPPPP

so, rapid tolernace, how long does it take to go away :)

People who are speaking of rapid or extreme tolerance build up seem to be taking large doses.

I never found Methoxetamine interesting in medium/large doses, and certainly not a Ketamine replacement or having near as much depth, visuals, or comfort of experience.

However for antidepressant purposes, small doses worked great! So I'd do like 10mg, maybe 20mg at a time, several times a day. Did this for about 4 months straight.

After 4 months my tolerance had approximately doubled. I quit all at once, and experienced mild withdrawls for a few days.

IMO if you are using it "medicinally" you won't build a tolerance very quickly at all. Probably because at this level you are only mildly affecting NDMA and mostly playing with dopamine. When you start hammering away at truly dissociative effects is when you will build tolerance quickly ala Ketamine.

For kicks do large 100mgs + doses & mix with AMT, this is not HR advice, yes you get tolerance if you use it too often - the trick is only using it say once every month or so - fabulous mania can be induced by high doses - hilarious stuff - abuse it regularly at your peril.

I don't think it's possible to answer how long it will take for MXE tolerance to go away. And cross-tolerance with ketamine and other compounds, even opioids makes it even more complex. I think monoamine reuptake inhibition tolerance is a little slower to arise, but that may just be my personal experience. Now that I think of it, MDPV shows us otherwise.

I think if you have NMDA antagonist tolerance from long term ketamine use you can expect MXE to behave much more stimmy, while if you have DARI tolerance from something like MDPV or coke you can expect it to be more dissociating.

For what it's worth I found ketamine tolerance to be terribly stubborn and have heard the same from others often enough. I don't think that I would even return to normal after a year. I have only stopped using for months though, not more than that.

It could be that reversal of tolerance is non-linear, I probably would not be very surprised to hear that it has something like a log(-x) shape.

I definitely gained a tolerance from using MXE, my starting doses when I first discovered it were around the 25mg mark, now though to get similar effects I am taking at least 50mg and to get the effects that would have previously only taken 50-60mg I am needing to take 100mg+ doses.

This translated for sure into bumping up my ketamine tolerance as when I next used IM Ketamine it took a lot for it to do anything substantial, and to actually get something really good from ketamine again I had to mix it with weed too and take a really high IM dose.

I do actually prefer MXE to ketamine in many ways and hope that the tolerance doesn't last as long as it does for ketamine as it could quickly escalate into a drug that is no longer cost effective.

What sort of doses did you start with?????

I definitely gained a tolerance from using MXE, my starting doses when I first discovered it were around the 25mg mark, now though to get similar effects I am taking at least 50mg and to get the effects that would have previously only taken 50-60mg I am needing to take 100mg+ doses.

This translated for sure into bumping up my ketamine tolerance as when I next used IM Ketamine it took a lot for it to do anything substantial, and to actually get something really good from ketamine again I had to mix it with weed too and take a really high IM dose.

I do actually prefer MXE to ketamine in many ways and hope that the tolerance doesn't last as long as it does for ketamine as it could quickly escalate into a drug that is no longer cost effective.

How often do you take it? I was thinking it was actually getting weaker, but looks like it could be me lol

math nitpick (sorry) can't take the log of a negative number, perhaps you mean -log(x) like the pH scale? :)

Yeah sorry I was having a hard time figuring out how a log graph would be mirrored horizontally but I meant something like this if y= tolerance level and x= time. Don't mind the labels in the pic below, nor the values on the axes (if thats the plural of axis). But if you consider that the (-x) is between parentheses, doesn't log(-x) make sense when x is negative? the axes don't anymore then I guess. OK, I will just give up haha!

images

My point being that the reversal might be self-reinforcing.

Hell I don't know. A lot of biological functions are logarithmic though IIRC.

Anyway if its true imagine how much harder it would even be to make intelligent predictions about how long your tolerance will last. And at what point do you consider it gone? If you are at 80% of reverting to doses you initially took? 90%?

It reminds me of trying to discuss the shelf-life of LSD, and degradation of that seems to me to be rather linear. Too many factors, no boundary defined.

Last edited:
It does build up tolerance - I've gone from being able to hole on 50mg to having to take larger doses, although I prefer to take a small 20mg bump - I find it helps me focus, particularly if I am working on an essay.

I believe that it shares a cross-tolerance with ketamine, as an acquaintance who has been a heavy user of ketamine in the past needed to take a significant amount of mxe to reach the level he felt was desirable, while seeming pretty lucid.

I was a dissociative-naive person when I first started using MXE. I was using sub-psychedelic doses of roughly 10-15mg, 3 or 4x per day. The AD effect was astounding, and I had no urge to redose. But the AD effect stopped after about 5 or 6 weeks. Even doubling the dose would not do it. That was about a year ago, and I can still take 50 mg and sometimes just barely feel the psychedelic effect, but the AD effect seems gone. I should say that I first bought a gram, and all this seemed to have happened around the time I got the second order. But it was the same place, it looks and tastes identical to the first batch. I guess the only way to truly know if it was batch would be to buy some known good stuff(and how do I do that?) and compare them. In the meantime, I'm thinking I built up a decent tolerance in 5-6 weeks at 40mg to 50 mg per day, spread into 3 or 4 doses. Its gone down a bit in the last year, but no more AD effect. In reading all the B&D threads, I would say degree of resultant tolerance is somewhat individual, but using even relatively small amounts EVERYDAY is absolutely the quickest way to tolerance. I was hoping the lower amount would delay building tolerance, but it did not. I read something about the researchers of Ketamine as an AD have also run into the tolerance problem.

Repeated use of any substance without a sufficient break inbetween use will lead to tolerance it doesnt just apply to stimulants or serotonin releasers.

^ this. Look up receptor downregulation if you want a little more depth. This thread will probably be merged with a b&d or focus thread soon. Generally that's the best place to ask such things.
Answered /thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.