• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Which is more like MDMA.... Mephedrone or Methylone?

mydeepestblue

Greenlighter
I'm thinking about buying some research chemicals online... I wanted to know
Please answer based on your own experience and only if you're SURE you've done both :)

Thanks

Oh and btw.... bath salts are becoming illegal in the united states sorta pretty soon... or are at least on the way there... i know they wanna ban mephedrone and MDPV but will methylone also be banned with the other too?

Mephedrone is pretty much meth. Methylone is known as bk-MDMA and sort of resembles the effects but not as good.

Mephedrone is pretty much meth. Methylone is known as bk-MDMA and sort of resembles the effects but not as good.

Haven't tried meth but according to my friends it's nothing like meth. Best I've heard it's like a combination of MDMA and coke. I think Meth makes you feel more heavy and speedy rather than light weight and euphoric.

^^^You'll probably hear this the most in this thread.

Although for some of us, Methylone is almost exactly the same as MDMA. I have a thread going in here within the past day called "Methylone-Are people not dosing high enough."

In higher doses of methylone I've noticed no differences compared to real MDMA.

^^^You'll probably hear this the most in this thread.

Although for some of us, Methylone is almost exactly the same as MDMA. I have a thread going in here within the past day called "Methylone-Are people not dosing high enough."

In higher doses of methylone I've noticed no differences compared to real MDMA.

What is your recommended dose for a small person with a semi-tolerance to meph/MDMA

What is your recommended dose for a small person with a semi-tolerance to meph/MDMA

I wouldn't be the person to recommend a dosage as my theory on the drug is much different than most. Erowid will tell you that something to the tune of 125-175mg is a great dose for a good night and that anything over 300mg is an extreme dose.

Mephedrone is nothing like meth. neither chemically, nor in my opinion. I've plenty of experience with both.

I would say Methylone is, both chemically and pharmacologically speaking. It is after all Methylenedioxymethcathinone, the beta keto analogue of Methylenedioxymethamphetamine.

Mephedrone (4-Methylmethcathinone), in my opinion, is surprisingly well described by – "Somewhere inbetween MDMA and Cocaine". It doesn't fully substitute for either in my mind, but it takes valuable parts from both.

Methylone is supposed to be more like a milder, speedier version of MDMA. While mephedrone is supposed to be more like coke and MDMA combined.

Mephedrone is nothing like meth. neither chemically, nor in my opinion. I've plenty of experience with both.
Well, it's quite similar chemically. It's the beta-ketone analogue of 4-methylmethamphetamine (or 4,a,N-trimethylphenethylamine, which I think is a neater name).

As has been said...for me Mephedrone has vaguely MDMA/Coke type qualities whereas Methylone (at some points) feels quite close to MDMA. However, the biggest let down with Methylone was the residual stimulation after the peak which I found a bit aimless and annoying after a short time. Maybe, as has been suggested some of this can be circumvented via dosage but who knows.

Also, worthy of note is that Mephedrone snorted is highly compulsive - something I don't get with MDMA because, once I reach the right spot, I'm content for a good while. Methylone on the other hand felt very much like a one-shot deal to me...as in single dose at the right level being ctirical since redosing just never quite did what I hoped it would...ymmv of course.

Much like an old lady on the bus will tell you Ecstasy is made out of left over lab chemicals, and causes holes in the brain- you'll find people that have not experienced or know facts about mephedrone, but make claims about it being horrible based on sensationalized articles and "news" reports.

Mephedrone is extremely happy, social, and euphoric like MDMA- but it's energizing and dancey, and not flooring at all, nor is it visual (all my experience). Many describe it as "what coke and MDMA should feel like together", and that's rather accurate.

Methylone feels identical to MDMA in every way, except duration and intensity. It's a very calm, stable high that never feels intense, just rolly and pleasant. One great advantage of methylone is that it does not reach a point of "time to re-dose"- the wearing off portion is rather pleasant and calm soft landing.

I've yet to feel crappy after either one myself, but I don't personally use them more than once every 30 days, and I only bring to raves the amount I decided (sober) I'm going to need for the night.

Neither one feels as intense as MDMA, or has the same crash.

Well, it's quite similar chemically. It's the beta-ketone analogue of 4-methylmethamphetamine (or 4,a,N-trimethylphenethylamine, which I think is a neater name).

Well I guess, in the same way that methylenedioxymethcathinone is chemically similar to methamphetamine because its the beta keto analogue of methylenedioxymethamphetamine. They produce wildly different chemical effects in the brain.

IME methylone more like MDMA. For me it feels almost the same but it has a more sleepy feeling, not tired but more like an opiate sleepy feeling. And it's a less powerful empathogen.

Mephedrone just feels like a strong stim with empathogen qualitys. It's nothing like MDMA for me unless I take a very high dose.

Mephedrone is much better than Methylone. I have gotten sick on Methylone and it is not nearly as good as MDMA. If you combine Meph and M1 then you can get a roll-like experience. But they really are not that as to MDMA as something like MDA would be.

Mephedrone is better in some ways because it is not as hard on you physically if used in moderation. But I have generally not done more than about 150mg of the stuff in a setting and when I did do 300 over the course of a day once it was too strong.

Mephedrone is much better than Methylone. I have gotten sick on Methylone and it is not nearly as good as MDMA. If you combine Meph and M1 then you can get a roll-like experience. But they really are not that as to MDMA as something like MDA would be.

Mephedrone is better in some ways because it is not as hard on you physically if used in moderation. But I have generally not done more than about 150mg of the stuff in a setting and when I did do 300 over the course of a day once it was too strong.

Is 100 mgs meph a good place to start for a first timer?

With these RC chemicals you'll find that everyone's opinion on the drug is different. Me personally....I've done as much as 1 gram of methylone in a night. I'm not proud of it, but it happened. I didn't have a bad come down and I had an awesome night, but all my research tells me that that was almost 4x what most consider a "heavy dose."

Other people will tell you that doing more than 200mg of methylone is crazy. Don't think I'm the only one doing this much methylone either. There are quite literally hundreds of people in the area I frequent eating this stuff in massive quantities. It's being sold as MDMA and people are buying it thinking it's the real thing.

Oh and for those who probably think I bomb any drug in sight in massive quantities, I've never tried anything heavier than MDMA, I'm fixing to graduate with honors from my university, and I'm a college athlete. I'd say I'm not a complete failure in life.

Also, for reference, my preferred dose is between 100-150mg when consuming MDMA.

DISCLAIMER-Just because my experience is different than most doesn't mean you should go out and eat tons of this stuff. The main purpose of this website is harm reduction. Perhaps I'm not following that with my dosing, but with the lack of information about bk-mdma combined with my experience with the drug, I've had no ill effects with doses this high.

ok I really want to order one of these or both of these chemicals. I'm thinking that I'm just going to buy a g of each, because I'm looking for something very similar to mdma. Does anyone have experience with mixing meph and methylone? Is there any danger in this? Do they synergize well? Would it be better to try both of these chemicals on their own first?

Forests: As a warning, you'll have to do your own research to find a reputable RC company. We cannot source here- you may be aware, but I just thought I'd put that out there and do my duty as a mod. :)

I combine the two myself, but I start with mephedrone, and end with methylone. I've heard mixed reports on mixing them together in the same dose, but being that mephedrone is highly energizing and creates a desire for re-dosing, where as methylone is a bit flooring and creates no to little desire for re-dosing, this seems to work best for me and people I know.

Is 100 mgs meph a good place to start for a first timer?

I'd start with 60mg, then add 30mg to it when it kicks in if its not strong enough for you.

I have had strong euphoria and eye dilation on just 30mg so I suggest starting small. It kicks in relatively fast (15-20 mins) so it's not like you can't bump it up, but if you do too much it can be too strong.