• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

best way for ingesting kratom

I just take a spoonful of kratom powder, put it in my mouth, then take a large drink of water (or other beverage), swish it around and swallow the resulting kratom/liquid sludge. Yeah it doesn't taste pleasant but it doesn't taste that bad...definitely worse substances out there...ever consumed goldenseal extract, for example? :p

You'll be fine. The worst thing that I noticed with kratom were the disgusting burps that come from taking too much. Thinking about that taste makes me gag...

I could never taste cherry kool aid quite the same way again after using it to kill the taste of psilocybin mushroom tea decades ago.

Thrush huh? I'll definitely think twice before using kratom again. I know there is probably no consensus on this but is there really any point to using kratom while still on buprenorphine? I have never noticed anything and have taken a decent dose.

OT: I just saw kratom BTC in a bodega in Harlem. Since it's behavioral toxicity is nowhere near that of synthetic CBs, it'll take a while for my colleagues and the media to catch on, although the Times has already ...

Just scanning through these comments and noticed a lot of weird responses. People saying it's not addictive, people suggesting this or that... makes me wonder how many people have actually tried decent Kratom and how long they've been on it.

Yes - you most definitely can get physically addicted to Kratom. Regardless if it's red vein, white vein, green vein, enhanced Kratom, "normal strength" Kratom... doesn't matter. I'm not going to sit here and explain all of the science and big words but basically it interacts with your brain almost like an opioid - which is why it's a GOD SEND for people who use it to self-detox from opiate addiction (myself included --> http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/799069-Day-8-Still-Slight-Withdrawal-Symptoms). But its not like you're going to suddenly become addicted as long as you don't take it for prolonged periods of time, and you're not taking way more than you need (assuming you use it for staving off opiate withdrawal that is).

In my experience? It never got me "high". It did give me a nice, happy feeling whenever I took it but that euphoria feeling didn't last long and was nowhere near any type of opiate euphoria. But again, I was taking Kratom to come off opiates... not get high. But to answer your question, I found the best method for me was to mix it in applesauce. Scoop in a shallow/small bowl however much Kratom you want to take, dump in some applesauce (I just purchased the individual snack sized cups and would use one of those each time I took it), stir it around a minute so it's all mixed in and there's no actual powder that's not mixed in. At this point it's going to be a dark green color. After that, I'd use Gatorade to wash it down (regular Orange flavor seemed to work the best for me). Take as big of a spoon full of the applesauce mixture that you think you can swallow in 1 gulp at a time. Toss in the scoop, and then imediately sip some Gatorade - just enough to help it all go down in one big gulp - and then after you swallow, immediately chase it with a big swig of the Gatorade.

Worked wonders for me. I mean of course there was a slight taste of the Kratom sometimes, but for the most part I didn't taste it at all as long as I gulped down the spoonful of applesauce mixture in one big swallow and then chased with a couple swigs of the Gatorade. But that's just this man's opinion. I did the toss & wash method the first couple times and just couldn't deal with it (I'd always inevidable get some powder stuck on the back of my tongue and end up gagging for 5 minutes trying to get it off). And there's no way I was going to waste time making my own pill capsules and have to choke down like 10 capsules, when the applesauce method could be over and down with in just a minute with virtually no taste issues.

I've heard chocolate milk hides the taste well. Didn't try that but did try a coffee drink (Starbucks Frappachino from gas or grocery) and it also hid the taste well.

I've found it a bit hard to mix in liquid without getting lumps of dry powder. If you put like a 1/4 the volume of Kratom worth of water with it and stir it makes a damp paste that then mixes easily into liquid.

Also, one day I had just opened a beer and used that to mix in. It tasted pretty bad and I also put the beer in a cup first and whipped it with a fork until it seemed like all the carbonation was gone before mixing. I then drank about 3 beers in total and the effects were noticeably stronger. Not sure if the alcohol dissolves some of active alkaloids or if it just makes your stomach absorb stuff faster. Tried it a few times and noticed it each time.

Just a few experiences I've had.

Hi
I've been using kratom on and off for around 1.5 years. Started with white vein, then green and red. I've tried ingesting by swallowing with water, in milkshakes and with applesauce. I've found that mixing it in milkshakes and applesauce yields the strongest effects. When I wash down with water it's always a weaker effect or no effect at all and it feels like a bit of a waste. Not sure if it's something in the milk/applesauce that helps bring out the effects, but it seems to be the case.

I typ. use water , but the best I've used is an iced espresso ..... OG toss-n-wash , hold a gulp of it in mouth - head back so the gulp is right at your throat -tip the spoon full of powder right on top of liquid aaaaand swallow - then another chug to chase any taste down ......