• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

adderall - how long does tolerance take to build up?

.Lucid.

Bluelighter
ok guys so i just got a job working overnights.. i really love the job but the night shift is going to take some getting use to. i got some adderall to help ease the transition and i plan on using it minimally but im still worried about building a tolerance and getting hooked.

so how much adderall should i take and how long can i take it before i start to show signs of addiction?

tolerance and (possible)addiction builds quick. its possible within a week to start to feel "less" from the same dose and you can be mentally hooked from the first dose(the wakefulness, sense of well being, motivation, etc are all addictive).

I agree I have done alot of adderall and it is quite addictive, once you come down you feel unmotivated and tired for the next few days unless you take it again. Probably not the best thing if you're just trying to transition to working nights better off just leyltting your body adjust naturally

i don't have a lot of experience with adderall, but the past few 4-5 months i've developed a habit of taking 10-20mg on the weekend before i go out drinking. at first 10mgs would get me going so hard that i had trouble being quiet and sitting still. seriously one would have me fucking raging and i think it was pretty obvious to anyone looking for it. i would wake up and still feel it the next day. now, after about 5 months of weekend use, 10 mgs is hardly noticeable. the last 2 or 3 times i took it the effects besides an elevated heart beat were almost unnoticeable, almost like a mild caffeine buzz. i refuse to take more than 30 mgs because of the way it makes my heart rate tho. the first few months was 1-2 times a month, 10mgs maybe 20+ some nights whick slowly progressed into 10-30mgs both friday and saturday. addictive? i;d say probably as addictive as vicodin. if you don't make it a habit then you;ll be good, but i can definitely see how people easily become addicted to adderall. for the next day or so after taking adderall your left feeling unmotivated, tired, and irritable. even more so after a binge. taking them daily will slowly drive you into a darkness until you only feel normal or level when your on adderall, which is what doctors call chemical dependence.

i don't have a lot of experience with adderall, but the past few 4-5 months i've developed a habit of taking 10-20mg on the weekend before i go out drinking. at first 10mgs would get me going so hard that i had trouble being quiet and sitting still. seriously one would have me fucking raging and i think it was pretty obvious to anyone looking for it. i would wake up and still feel it the next day. now, after about 5 months of weekend use, 10 mgs is hardly noticeable. the last 2 or 3 times i took it the effects besides an elevated heart beat were almost unnoticeable, almost like a mild caffeine buzz. i refuse to take more than 30 mgs because of the way it makes my heart rate tho. the first few months was 1-2 times a month, 10mgs maybe 20+ some nights whick slowly progressed into 10-30mgs both friday and saturday. addictive? i;d say probably as addictive as vicodin. if you don't make it a habit then you;ll be good, but i can definitely see how people easily become addicted to adderall. for the next day or so after taking adderall your left feeling unmotivated, tired, and irritable. even more so after a binge. taking them daily will slowly drive you into a darkness until you only feel normal or level when your on adderall, which is what doctors call chemical dependence.

lol i don't feel shit unless i take about 60-75mg ir and i take it once a week

Don't do it at work - Whatever you do while on it will be the greatest thing you have ever done, it will be the best day/night you ever had, etc... but without it whatever you are doing will suck. If you go to work on adderall you will seriously regret it as you will hate work when not on it, and your tolerance will build within a few weeks and then you will just hate being at work.

Best thing you can do for night shift is get into a proper sleep pattern, have blackout curtains on your windows and just get used to it. Using Adderall for anything you have to do regularly is a super bad idea.

I only use dexedrine but for me off and on use works best to keep tolerance minimal. I think tho that stimulants can be -very- pyscologically addictive with constant re-dosing even more so than physical dependence.

I can't speak for addiction (the thought of taking amphetamines every day makes me sick to my stomach), but tolerance comes fast. The second day of the same dose is less potent than the first. And the cycle continues until I am basically left with no "euphoria" (usually associated with motivation for me) or positive effects on my regular dose and feel only the negative side effects.

When college season comes around, and I have to take it damn near daily, it becomes an unpleasant grind that I find hard to continue. I can go one full semester taking my Adderall 3-4 times a week, but by the second semester I can hardly bear to take it at all and my performance definitely decreases.

I can't speak for addiction (the thought of taking amphetamines every day makes me sick to my stomach), but tolerance comes fast. The second day of the same dose is less potent than the first. And the cycle continues until I am basically left with no "euphoria" (usually associated with motivation for me) or positive effects on my regular dose and feel only the negative side effects.

When college season comes around, and I have to take it damn near daily, it becomes an unpleasant grind that I find hard to continue. I can go one full semester taking my Adderall 3-4 times a week, but by the second semester I can hardly bear to take it at all and my performance definitely decreases.

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I came across it while searching for solutions to my tolerance. Currently taking 30mg Adderall XR most days for my ADHD, and it does wonders for me as a college student studying biochemistry. I normally take it ~5 days per week (sometimes 3-4, depending on necessity). I 100% agree with you that it becomes an "unpleasant grind" and is hard to continue, due to the diminished effects of taking it so often.

Second semester is currently underway, and I feel way less motivated/stimulated than I did last semester. Even while on my meds, it requires a lot more effort to stay focused, on-task, and motivated than it did when I first got prescribed at the beginning of last semester. Although the medication IS still effective and still does something for my ADHD, it is no longer the "miracle" that it used to be (in terms of focusing and getting shit done).

I've been taking 40mg of instant release Adderall every day/morning for over a year now! Im really curious as to how long it takes for me to build up a decent tolerance to were I'm gonna need to up my dose. I mean I definitely notice that it's not working as well as it was when I first started taking it so that's why I'm inquiring about tolerance as to see if I should ask for a increase in dose.