• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

mankind is intergalactic virus

DOB I understand and agree with you, but what I am trying to say is this:

The elite want you to believe that humans are inherently evil. They want you to believe there is no hope. They want you to fear. So don't and they won't succeed.

Peace&Drugs

thanks, sometimes i think im the only one that has hope for humanity and truely believe everything is on track.

but even with that in mind, it doesnt make me want to go against my sense of right and wrong

i wish everyone would just view every action as being pulled and pushed from a pool of actions. You benifit at the cost of someone else, but when youre paying the cost just remember that its derived from the same pool and youll get your benifit soon enough.

Just like with your group of friends, if someone cant pay for their meal, youll spot them because you know that they will get you back some time later.

basically i think theres a natural give/take mentality, you just have to pay attention to both sides.
The person next to you knows just as much about where theyre arrow of time points just as much as you do.

the sum of all real numbers on the interval [-inf, inf] = 0 so are we really going anywhere?

Last edited:
DOB I understand and agree with you, but what I am trying to say is this:

The elite want you to believe that humans are inherently evil. They want you to believe there is no hope. They want you to fear. So don't and they won't succeed.

Peace&Drugs

you agree? what a nice feeling,I know theres so much good people but assholes still rule the world

I know theres so much good people but assholes still rule the world

Ruling the world is a sucker's game, because it never lasts, and once it's over, those who used to do it have nothing to show for it. Why build something up (the ego) that just doesn't last? If my present state is impermanent and transitory, it makes much more sense to me spend my life trying to reconnect with other people (and other beings in general), than trying to dominate them.

Real power and liberation come from knowledge and wisdom, not from the barrel of a gun.

Ruling the world is a sucker's game, because it never lasts, and once it's over, those who used to do it have nothing to show for it.

Reminds me of that Monopoly analogy, for a brief period of time you dominate the board, but in the end it all goes back in the box.

Ruling the world is a sucker's game, because it never lasts, and once it's over, those who used to do it have nothing to show for it. Why build something up (the ego) that just doesn't last? If my present state is impermanent and transitory, it makes much more sense to me spend my life trying to reconnect with other people (and other beings in general), than trying to dominate them.

Real power and liberation come from knowledge and wisdom, not from the barrel of a gun.

Pertinent insight as ever MDAO.

"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men." First Baron Lord Acton

Our history, and contemporary power structures evince and testify to both your's and Acton's sentiments. Domination is enslaving, whilst, sympathy, empathy and compassion sets one free.

VERITAS VOS LIBERABIT

Pertinent insight as ever MDAO.

"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men." First Baron Lord Acton

Our history, and contemporary power structures evince and testify to both your's and Acton's sentiments. Domination is enslaving, whilst, sympathy, empathy and compassion sets one free.

VERITAS VOS LIBERABIT

this is truth,but there can be system where leaders will be uncorrupted.I think every leader should be payed as average month pay in his country

So if we are a virus would it be moral to embrace singularity for the sake of the possibility that were harming something greater than us?

the singularity could lead us into a more effective virus, a more effective cure, or something else. since what happens afterwards is uncertain.

haha just realized my question was really biased towards the reference inside my own head.

What makes you think that the birds and bees and trees and algae are even worth anything?

Maybe their only purpose was to support the rise of humanity.*

Also, what would destroying the entire earth do? Then ALL life is gone, and you're just left with a bunch of dead rocks floating in space.

*Playing devil's advocate here.

Maybe their only purpose was to support the rise of humanity.
their purpose in supporting us is basically the same as ours in supporting them...

though they will never know the heights their fellow species on earth will reach... we may never know the heights superior species will reach :p

If there are other intelligent life-forms in the universe, how do you know they're not even worse viruses? They might even lack morality completely...

The mankind would certainly not destroy a planet full of alien life, as that would be against the principle of preservation of nature.

The mankind would certainly not destroy a planet full of alien life, as that would be against the principle of preservation of nature.
mankind would certainly not destroy an entire cities full of human life, as that would be against the principle of preservation of nature... wait we destroyed two ;)

we have both eros (creative) and thanatos (destructive) components, as we are a part of the ebb and flow of the universe... and any (physical) alien we can conceive of would be similar.

would you destroy an alien planet, that you know little about, to save earth? most probably would.

^^ Well, maybe I'm too optimistic about human behavior. Anyway, at least no one has had the balls to actually use nukes against cities after everyone saw the destruction in Hiroshima and Nagasaki...

As stated earlier in the thread I think mankind is parasitic. I found a recent TED presentation by Naomi Klein of great interest. It shows our parasitic relationship with our environment due to our under-estimation of risk, and adoption of the pro-active principle (in cases where where the precautionary principle should be applied)

LINK

For some reason I keep thinking that we are the fuel of the universe.
I keep imagining the universe as one giant atom that is searching for a charge.
Since we have rational thought, we can make our own decisions.
I feel like we tend to do things other people expect us to do. Since people can be difficult to read at times and others are insecure as well has clashing expectations.
, meeting those expectations can be decieving

This could be why we sometimes do things that we feel is not right.
We also cannot exactly feel what the person next to us is feeling without them communicating it to us. They could be telling the truth, or they could be lying.
So our feelings inside us are basically private and youre the only one that knows about them.

I feel like everyone has their own unique sense of right and wrong and its their duty to choose right. When you feel like you choose the right choice, you feel positive. I like to think that that resonates throught the entire universe and you help the atom gain a positive charge as it interacts with other atoms and universes.
Also for some reason it seems like when you are feeling good about yourself, everything seems to fall into place, like the universe is rewarding you.
And when your feeling shitty, more shitty things happen.

Maybe were just all resonating charges throught the universe as the universe is rewarding and punishing us haha.
Kind of like you have two sports teams and they both have the same skill. So who wins? My coaches have always told me its whoever wanted it more.
If thats the case then maybe if you believe so badly that something is real, the universe will form to that. We just can't fully believe in ourselves... because were a parasite right?

Could be possible that if we create such a positive charge throughout the universe that it reacts with other universes that are negative.. so it gains from them and gives it to us as a reward. But well never know, no one believes in much.

or i could just be crazy; or maybe splitting atoms is imoral lol

Last edited: