• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

poppy pod tea dose question

tripz_two

Bluelighter
Ok, I've seen some threads stating that for a first time user with no opiate tolerance 3 or 4 pods can be used. But then other ppl say never ever measure by number of pods, go by grams of crushed material.

- So how many grams of pods is a good starting dose for someone new to poppy pod tea?

These happen to be small/medium pods. This would be a once a week or bi-weekly thing to avoid tolerance, etc.

The thing is, even WHEN pods were fairly consistent from vendor to vendor, etc, it was a little less reckless to approximate a dosage. Now that the pod market is in a shambles, there's no way for us to tell how potent your poppies are.

So, the best way to start, I would say, would be to crush up 5 grams into a POWDER, and eat that powder/wash it down....not only is this quicker than a complex tea prep that may or may not work the way it's intended, it's stronger, too, meaning you use less of the poppies you're paying WAYYY too much for in the first place... work your way up from here....

as always, remember: you can always take more, but you can never take less

^Good advice.

Always powder all of the pods in a batch and mix them up to try and ensure a semi-homogenous powder. Then start with a low amount and change dosage a needed. This is important to do because the potency of pods varies from batch to batch (and can be considerable.)

Since this is a dosing question, I'll move it over to Basic Drug Discussion

-->bdd

Buying pods these days is nearly pointless unless you want to dole out (edit: a shit lot of money) for a single batch of tea. Not to mention the quality varies hugely now.

Back in the good days, I would use between 20-30 grams of powder to make tea. This was without an opiate tolerance. 30 grams would kick my ass but in a good way. These days, it is impossible to tell. I have noticed that the small pods (which are about the only ones out there) range hugely in quality.

If making tea, start with 10-15g and work your way up. Don't be surprised if a 20+ gram dose doesn't do much, as there are a lot of shitty pods out there now.

Last edited:
^Price discussion isn't allowed, please edit it out of your post :)

Buying pods these days is nearly pointless unless you want to dole out (edit: a shit lot of money) for a single batch of tea. Not to mention the quality varies hugely now.

Back in the good days, I would use between 20-30 grams of powder to make tea. This was without an opiate tolerance. 30 grams would kick my ass but in a good way. These days, it is impossible to tell. I have noticed that the small pods (which are about the only ones out there) range hugely in quality.

If making tea, start with 10-15g and work your way up. Don't be surprised if a 20+ gram dose doesn't do much, as there are a lot of shitty pods out there now.

Man oh man swim found poppy pods for extremely dirt cheap a pod at his local florist. Fresh ones too. Grounded up 8 medium sized pods and it was one of the best feelings swims ever had. Swim usual dose to feel good is about 60 mg hydro or 50 mg oc. It was swims first time ever trying pods too. So glad I found out about them :)

^ we don't swim in here.. wouldn't actually protect you at all. Especially when you slip into "I" at the end of your post ;)

Sounds a bit silly too and makes posts tricky to read..

Ok, I've seen some threads stating that for a first time user with no opiate tolerance 3 or 4 pods can be used. But then other ppl say never ever measure by number of pods, go by grams of crushed material.

- So how many grams of pods is a good starting dose for someone new to poppy pod tea?

These happen to be small/medium pods. This would be a once a week or bi-weekly thing to avoid tolerance, etc.

I used to start with 30g when i got a fresh batch in the mail and toward the end of the box would be doing 60g to basically just get bright eyed, bushy tailed, and out the door in the morning. Didn't know how deep i was until i ran out. Even then i thought "wow, this is the darndest thing, never had the flu in my life and here i am twice in one month so sick i can't even get out of bed...wow, i even shit my pants!" (yes really) Eventually hit a low and quit pods, what followed were some of the worst 10 days of my life.

Moral of the story....try 10g and aim for a feeling like taking a low/moderate dose of Hydrocodone/Oxycodone. Tagamet/White Grapefruit to potentiate as needed. If you find you need 30g to get there, please don't do what i did and start out with good intentions and pave your way to hell.

Once a week should be OK, twice weekly means basically having it active in your system 4 days a week. You will need to wait at LEAST 5 days, probably more like 10 for your system to reset to the point that you can get any appreciable effects from even twice your old dose of Hydro/Oxy. Pods destroy recreational tolerances. I still do seeds on occasion, and man do i pine for the days where 10mg Hydrocodone would give me a little lift.

/end stereotypical 'don't do as i have done' rant =D