• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

How did you decide on your screen name, and what does it mean if obscure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharlesTheHammer

Bluelighter
I couldn't decide on a cool screen name here at first, so I went with a relatively obscure, but important historical figure from the middle ages, Charles Martel(Charles The Hammer).

How did you decide upon yours, and what does it reference if its an obscure one?

I think mine pretty much talks for it self. GurnEr referring back to when i used to take MDMA, and JoshE being my first name.

Also the capitol E's in my screen name also refer to (E)cstasy.

I think that mine is pretty straight forward. I really like opiates.

I was reading bluelight for a while and finally decided to join up and I saw that lots of people have names based on their drug use, obviously. So I was drinking a cup of coffee while filling out the initial forms and I decided my most innocuous habit would be what defines me across the internet.
I could have made a name out of any number of drugs, but decided on coffee just kinda out of irony.
I do drink lots of coffee though. I have a new pot going right now :)

I was higher than a kite when I joined, so I don't know why I chose this username as I don't remember signing up--Came back to BL after a week or two of not going on and saw I was logged in. LMAO

It suits me well though, as with me, it's "all or nothing" with anything.

I wanted something anonymous and not too descriptive so first thought of Mr X or Mr Anonymous or Mr Man or Mr Pink (or green or whatever).

I realised that 'Mr Man' made me sound too much like either a childrens story character or a member of the village people, but i liked the broken visual symetry of 'MrM' so stuck with that. If i had thought about it longer i might have come up with something more original but i thought it would do at the time.

Latter on when i had the chance to meet some other bluelight people in person i discovered that one lady thought this hysterical because at her work (charity based on phone lines) they had some dodgy old man who would phone in and either hang up if he got through to a man or else start masturbating if he got through to a woman. Apparently he was known as 'Mr Masturbator' or 'Mr M'. Not the association i had in mind, but o well.

Mine means that I like to eat fake/adulterated MDMA. (Just kidding)
At the time that I took the name I really only thought that Thizz was a slang term for MDMA. Not the case. In my eyes it represents the uneducated portion of the rolling community that are irresponsible and just plain stupid with their use..........
/whyIhateMyname rant

Fuck....ummm...I used to play a lot of quake 1 online, and as a pre- or early pubescent, I chose something lethal with good phonetic aesthetics. :p

Erm.. IDK really. I was really high, day-dreaming about ketamine, and then decided to sign up here. Ketamine would be a terrible username so I chose ektamine, because I though it rolled off the tongue nicely :D

Some will know that the lounge already has a thread entitled : What does your BL name mean?

My old user name was "CletusVanDow" which is a bastardisation of a name used in "The Shield" by Det Shane Vendrell, where in one episode he had to think of a a name on the spot to be able to use a lockup & thought of the name "Cletus Van Damme". The whole ridiculousness of it all made me lol & it was the first name I thought of when signing up for Bluelight. I didn't think for one minute I would still be here after all this time, because there really was no thought went into it whatsoever :\

Modship came along & was allowed to change it, but as most knew me as cletus or cleets, I kept it to save any confusion & now actually quite like it.

That would probably make it a cooler story than it actually is :\

Some might argue this - I'm a bit different from the slack-jawed yokel, but only just.

normally I go with something that has to do with My internet character/personality Casidylee The kitty goddess.

wanted this to be differnt from my normal browsing handles.

I am a cat.

My head is always in the clouds.

I'm awfully sorry old chap, but I really must challenge you to a banjo duel to the death. My sist....I mean my lovely wife Brandine & I are deeply offended by this......aw dangnabbit - you is a dead man walkin' booooyyyyy! =D

Muppet-Show-tv-02.jpg
COME AT ME!!

Turns out I'm gonna keep my name forever solely based on the fact that people are imitating me and I wouldn't want anyone to forget that I am the original. Copy cat.

well i got the screen name from another forum about a MMORPG i used to be addicted to

and my first name begins with I but has an eee sound, so its Mr. E or Mysterie

I definitely thought you were just stoned when you registered and spelled mystery wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.