• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids How to Kill an Opiate High

Status
Not open for further replies.

YellowNikes

Bluelighter
I know, you maybe wondering why the fuck would you ever want to do that?
Well i need sleep lol and generally i don't sleep to well if at all on opiates. I have work in the morning and i did a little bit of oxymorphone tonight.

Does any one know of something i could take that will kill or at least shorten the buzz. Im sorta looking for like an ant-potentiator, hell we should make a thread of these things for all the drugs.
any advice would be greatly appreciated.

The only way to kill it is with a strong antagonist which can cause precipitated withdrawal (likely the only thing you might get your hands on is bupe and that complicates the matter some more). I suppose you could try and boost your liver enzyme function to eliminate the drug more efficiently though this would likely only have a slight effect.

I think any other options will just be things to help you sleep.

You bumped your thread after only NINE MINUTES??!! And couldn't at least be bothered to say something interesting, just... Bump? Making it totally obvious?

Thats the sad part... You bumped a thread after 9 mins and were so desperate to get a response you didn't care if anyone knew. And to take the cake, you're asking something no one would ever even want - how to KILL their buzz!

I mean sure, I can sort of understand someone bumping their thread after a week if no one replied and it was now on page 4... But NINE MINUTES? What, were you sitting there staring at the screen and when your thread went below the first slot you had to bump it?

Do you think no one reads beyond the first thread, or did you think 9 minutes was way too long to go without an answer?

I know I'm ranting over nothing, but man, i've just never seen anything so pathetic... And this is a drug forum!!

Here's my advice: if you want to kill the nice, blissful mood opiates put you in, just stare at yourself in the mirror, think about your life and what you've accomplished so far and where you really think you'll be in 5 years time.

That should kill your buzz.

If I've taken too much PoppySeedTea or Codeine to act normal where i have too, eating some ginseng caps will help a lot, 2000mg-4000mg has always helped reversing sedation and general ope'd feeling greatly. but that wouldnt particularly help you sleep as it wakes me up a bit. i basically think of ginseng as the yang to opiate/cannabis' yin

Lol @ JohnBurrows. So true.

Anyways, this doesn't make a lot of sense.. Are you sure you did oxymorphone? Not a fat line of blow or something? If you knew opiates had this effect on you, why did you indulge in the first place? There isn't much you can do really..Depending on your tolerance to sedatives, me PERSONALLY would take a dose of an anti-histamine to make me more sleepy, and help me pass out.

I always found oxymorphone to be a pretty sedating opioid, made me nod like dope. This is pretty strange it would "keep you up"..

So the rant was both the best part to read (completely true), and the buzzkill...nice. Think the op just wanted to hear himself speak...

Eat alot of food, do something that gets your heart pumping (sex,exercise, etc.), or have someone/something piss you off. These things kill my high instantly and altogether.

Cigarettes will speed up the metabolism of opiates within the body, it will give you an instant nod then significantly kill the buzz afterwards.

There really isn't any good explanation or advice for your problem -

If it were me, I'd take something else sedating (in a safe controlled dose) like carisoprodol to help facilitate sleep and probably take some kind of stimulant the next morning for work.

The only other thing that actually stops or reverses an opioid high, as others have said, is an opioid receptor antagonist, like naloxone or naltrexone.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.