• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Cooking up a shot; heroin, some questions?

chugs

Bluelighter
Hi All

I searched through FAQs, and some guides, and a global search with the word heroin in the title for bluelight threads but I didn't find what I was looking for regarding how to cook up a shot.

I have some questions. Should one heat the heroin up with some water, or the should it just dissolve at room temperature. I've always wondered that like CWE for codeine shouldn't you use cold sterile water to dissolve the heroin?

What about micron filters. Any good brands etc?

I've been lead to believe that you shouldn't wipe the site after injection as that causes further issues? Just wipe it clean before you start right?

i always heat my heroin with water in the cooker/spoon and at least where im from in socal everyone i know does the same thing..

i dont know much about micron filters.. i know they are obviously good for getting most of if not all the junk in drugs that require filtering...

i wipe after injection as well but maybe that is just me..

If the gear is halfway decent it should pretty much dissolve with room temp. water. You could try heating it if it didn't completely dissolve, however...

No idea about brands of micron filters...

and yeah, I most swabs I've used are explicitly labelled for use preinjection.

Wiping afterwards will just increase the time it takes for bleeding through the injection site to stop.

As for micron filters... whatever they hand out at the needle exchange should be fine, cheap too.

Most rock gear should mix up at room temp. I have only had brown gear that needed heating up to dissolve in Australia once or twice. Also this guy showed me a way to dissolve brown gear using lemon juice. Has anyone seen this done before with heroin?

^ Using lemon juice is a very bad idea! Look up endocarditis, it can cause infections of the heart and eyes which are very bad.

If you need to use anything, try pure citric acid... you can get it from some pharmacies. Ask at a compounding pharmacy and they could very possibly help you out.

It should dissolve in room temperature water, you only need to cook up brown gear. And using lemon juice is a VERY bad idea as mentioned already! It's not used to dissolve the gear but because brown H is alkaline and needs acid to become water soluble. Hypothetically speaking, I've never seen real brown stuff in Australia, but in another country I used to live in it was all that was available. And vials of citric acid could be bought at the supermarket.

chugs you been here since 2004 you should know the in's and out's of "h" as you should know it could take many years to come totally off it.

never heat heroin in austtralia we dont get that dirty tar shit in america and the UK
it dissolves in cold water anyway. just filter it

i wipe after injection as well but maybe that is just me..

thats what kicks the hit in for me :) i think its the smell mostly as i used to IV meth so i would get increased smell due to opening my nostrils more and the isopropyl just hits the spot

I don't believe the #4 heroin typically seen in Australia should need heat to dissolve, I don't IV personally but have witnessed IV heroin use on numerous occassions and heat never needed to be applied that I recall. I tried plugging heroin just last week and it required no heat to dissolve and I used no more water than would be neccessary to perform an IV injection.

I believe wiping the injection site after using makes it bleed for longer, this is particularly the case when using an alcohol swab to wipe the fresh injection site as alcohol prevents blood from clotting. I believe the best course of action is to apply slight pressure on the injection site with sterile cotton for a short period of time but I may be mistaken. A band aid seems like it could be a good option as if they were unsterile they surely would be unsuitable for cuts, although they may be a tad obvious on the crook of the arm or other common injection sites.

I would just like to reiterate that I am not an IV drug user so I am far from the most qualified to comment.

heating the solution is going to allow the otherwise (possible) insoluble particles/cut that have been added to the heroin. as people have said it's best to use room temp water. saline injection water is ideal.

lemon/lime juice is a huge no as the fungi within it can in some cases cause blindness to the eyes after some exposure. use white vinegar if you mus help break it down.

a micron filter is also a great idea.

happy shooting:)

I don't believe the #4 heroin typically seen in Australia should need heat to dissolve, I don't IV personally but have witnessed IV heroin use on numerous occassions and heat never needed to be applied that I recall. I tried plugging heroin just last week and it required no heat to dissolve and I used no more water than would be neccessary to perform an IV injection.

I believe wiping the injection site after using makes it bleed for longer, this is particularly the case when using an alcohol swab to wipe the fresh injection site as alcohol prevents blood from clotting. I believe the best course of action is to apply slight pressure on the injection site with sterile cotton for a short period of time but I may be mistaken. A band aid seems like it could be a good option as if they were unsterile they surely would be unsuitable for cuts, although they may be a tad obvious on the crook of the arm or other common injection sites.

I would just like to reiterate that I am not an IV drug user so I am far from the most qualified to comment.
I've had 2 blood tests and 2 IM injections in the past 10 days and they all followed this procedure.

Best water to use is sterile water for injection - no need for saline and not generally what NSPs in Australia carry.

Pretty much all heroin in Australia is salt heroin - it will dissolve in water without the need for acidifiers (citric acid etc) BUT occasionally there are some really hard rocks going round that definitely dissolve a bit easier with some heat.

Traditionally, the vast majority of heroin coming into Australia has come from the Golden Triangle (number 4) - however over the last few years we are definitely getting gear from West Asia (ie Afghanistan and surrounds). Fortunately, the heroin from these areas is now also predominantly salt form.

In terms of filtering - it is definitely a good idea to filter your mix. Frankly - a micron filter is a bit of overkill for heroin. A small piece of cotton wool is pretty fine. If you can get them, Sterifilts are great (10um filter) but not always available - they go right over the needle on a 1ml fit.

Swabbing the injection site before you inject is the go - but also simple hygiene practices like washing your hands (before and after) and having a clean space to prepare your shot.

Injecting hits harder and is more efficient than other methods - so take it easy and don't overdose! As the old saying goes - better two holes in your arm than one in the ground!

Ayjay can I ask why you believe a micron filter would be 'overkill' for heroin? As already stated in this thread I am not an IV heroin user, and I am certainly aware that the overwhelming majority of times that heroin is filtered it is not with a micron filter.

I have always wondered why more drug users, particularly educated ones like bluelighters, don't use a micron filter to filter their street drugs (apart from the obvious which is price, but really they cost pennies compared to the drugs you are injecting). I may be mistaken but I thought .22ug micron filters were capable of filtering bacteria. Does it not seem likely that out of the many hands your drugs pass through and adulterants that are added in the meantime before reaching you that SOME bacteria would get into your speed/heroin/whatever?

Perhaps I am mistaken and there is little to no potential for bacteria in street drugs, but personally if I were to inject an adulterated, illicit drug I would be spending the extra buck or two per shot for the piece of mind micron filters surely give those who use them.

^ I think you hit the nail on the head with the cost. Also there's the extra prep time. Of course the safest and healthiest practice would be to use one for every injection but that's not going to be everyone's cup of tea. I'd say they are absolutely essential when shooting pills of any kind though.

It really is a shame that they can't provide them cheaper or even free of charge, it would be seriously interesting to compare the long term effects of IV heroin use when filtered with a cotton as opposed to a micron filter, I bet theres a big difference.

I certainly agree that microns are essential for shooting pills, I have just always been a bit baffled that people seem terrified of a little talc or wax in their pill shot but have little to no concern for the possible nasties in street drugs that a cotton just cannot filter out.

Can I recommend not getting into it hardcore without being a party pooper.

When your shooting up in your car as soon as you've scored you NEED TO STOP and get a grip