• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

PTSD and MDMA Therapy - Medical Uses of Ecstasy - Oprah

I found this very interesting, I have PTSD (along with major depression disorder) and was told by friends not to try psychedelic drugs for that reason. It would be very tramatic?! This article makes me want to find out more for myself about this drug group as a whole

I found this very interesting, I have PTSD (along with major depression disorder) and was told by friends not to try psychedelic drugs for that reason. It would be very tramatic?! This article makes me want to find out more for myself about this drug group as a whole
MDMA is very different from LSD and mushrooms, particularly in regards to "bad trips" and PTSD. while LSD can be used for PTSD and most any psychotherapy too, extreme caution would be warranted...

MDMA is very different from LSD and mushrooms, particularly in regards to "bad trips" and PTSD. while LSD can be used for PTSD and most any psychotherapy too, extreme caution would be warranted...
So I shouldn't try any of these?

My friend wants me to try mushrooms with her, it would be a first for both of us. Idk if i should. If i decide to and end up having a bad trip, freak out ,or anxiety attack could i take xanax, or would it even help?

For those seeeking to self medicate with mdma or other psychadelics, please keep in mind the drug alone can't do it. You generally need a trained counselor to work you through the session(s) to a point where you can bring out the issues and cope with them. Mdma and the like is just a tool to make that therapy more possible.

Cheers to the group who got Oprah to update her statements and public perception with better facts than they jumped to last time.

Would be sweet if I could get prescribed some MDMA :p but you'd have to live a horrendous first part of your life to obtain the drug apparently.

Last year I was diagnosed with mild/moderate PTSD. For years I had flashbacks and anxiety attacks stemming from my father's frequent verbal and physical abuse, though it happened less often, of both myself and my mother. The flashbacks left me emotionally and physically drained for days afterward, and during the worst times I would have two or three within one week.
When mephedron became available in my state (before it's eventual ban), I decided to try using it to provide what I thought would be a "comfort blanket" of sorts. One day I had a breakdown on the way home from school, and my grandparents and I decided to call my father to try and talk out what was bothering me. I wasn't keen on the idea, but I knew I had a good supply of 4-MMC at home so I figured I'd just coast through the conversation and be done with it for the time being. The result, to my surprise, was a much more open dialogue and I was able to resolve a good amount of the issues I've had with my father. I haven't had a single flashback since that day.
I strongly believe that MDMA, mephedrone, and other entactogens have large psychotherapeutic potential- MDMA was originally used in marriage councilling back in the 1970s- and would be of great benefit to many people.

Does anyone know how likely it is to find a doctor performing this research and become a part of it? As I have expressed on Bluelight previously, MDMA is my favorite drug, but I promise you that my intent on finding an answer to this question is not simply to find a way to get high or to just have an excuse to do MDMA.

One reason, I think, that I have taken such a liking to MDMA is the fact that I have PTSD. Not only that, but I also suffer from bipolar disorder (manic depression) and the more physical disorders: fibromyalgia and insomnia. While the past couple of years have been easier than before (I used to have flashbacks every night when I tried to sleep, would cut myself, and even attempted suicide a couple of times) I still know that I am not completely healthy mentally.

I am somewhat in denial that these disorders still have such a grasp on me, but on days like today (my days where I feel burnt out and down for no reason - and, no, it's not a post-MDMA hangover, I haven't used for multiple weeks), I am made well-aware that they are still prominent. I have been prescribed many different anti-depressants and medications (Prozac, Lexapro, Zoloft, Effexor, Seroquel, Gabapentin, Nortriptyline, Savella, and Zolpidem) and also used to frequent a therapist's office for many years.

Unfortunately, I feel like the medications have done nothing to help my disorders (aside from Zolpidem which helps me sleep where Seroqual did little) and I have gotten all the benefit out of traditional therapy that I am going to. I do not think Exposure Therapy is the right course of action for me, either, as it would take too long and I would be too reluctant to proceed. Exposing myself to the stimulus that mentally scarred me in the first place does not seem like it would work - I feel it would only make me worse.

MDMA, on the other hand, has felt very effective. It makes me happy in the way anti-depressants never did. It relieves my pain from fibromyalgia (I feel NO physical pain or distress when rolling). I feel at peace, calm, and have had much insight on my own life and mind that is normally very difficult for me to admit or face. I do not roll just to have an excuse to dance; I see the medical potential for MDMA when I do it. And while I do have fun while rolling, that is not the main reason I do it. Surprisingly enough, I never have post-MDMA depression, never a hangover. I always have an MDMA afterglow for weeks - I feel mentally and emotionally better; more confident in myself and my actions; I rest better, etc...

Which is why I am desperate to find a therapist who condones and/or uses MDMA in their practice - or to find a research facility looking to conduct this experiment so that I can participate. I really can see myself working through all of my problems, insecurities, and perhaps even my tragic past if I just had a professional to guide my therapy while on MDMA. It allows me to open up in ways I normally can't convince myself to do; I am usually very reluctant to talk to therapists, but the idea of speaking to one and working through my problems on MDMA seems like it would actually work for me.

So, does anyone on Bluelight know anything about how I can legally participate in this research, or know where I can go to benefit from this type of therapy?

Last edited:
aby cadaby
[I wonder if the MDMA is actually having these calming/nurturing effects, if it's placebo, or if the drug is allowing people to go through the same therapeutic process in a faster way somehow. /QUOTE]

Stay see mentioned oxytocin for its empathogenic effects. I believe it is a hormone that is released in childbirth in great amounts and thought to involved in mother- baby bonding.

---

With cocaine being schedule 2, any psychiatrist can currently assign cocaine-assisted psychotherapy. I think I would LIVE with a therapist who specializes in that.

No wonder Freud was such a baser.
Unfortuanately not likely. The 2 major FDA aproved users of cocaine are ENT surgical anesthisia because it produces the perfect aminut and tomecorse of numbing while casusing vasoconstriction and less bleeding. The other and where it spent well spread use eas in the ER inthe treatment of severe refractory epitaxis (bloody nose)- 2 much bleedding can cause drowning presumably cauterized if this doesn;t work. It comes in a week solution I thin 3 or 5 % and 10 %. I have a thread somewhere in BL on peoples experienes of coke used in medicine on them.

Anyway, 1--15 years back or longer, there was an eldery doc in New York I think that was using medical coke to treat his depressed patients. He was sanctioned bu his states medical board and had his liscence suspended or lost. Drugs can be used for off label uses but if there was evidence he used it to detox or maintain an addict thats a different situtation. Don't remember the particulars though. Think he haad high profile patients which garnered national attention in the first [;ace.

Last edited:
MDMA Baby

I was in Dallas in the 80's during the time when Ecstacy was legal I was regular at the famed Starck Club where it was sold at the bar. During this time when it was pure MDMA there were no bad trips or people dying etc. Everyone was doing it, even those who didn't "do drugs"...people of all ages and classes. I think that this was, in part, what concerned LE and the DEA. After it was made illegal, people started changing up the chemical composition, at first so that it wouldn't be exactly MDMA, and therefore not illegal.

Over the years it has gotten out of hand with different substances being added to it or not containing MDMA at all. I decided to try it again about 10yrs ago and it was far from the original, even unpleasant. Most of the young people today have never really experienced real Ecstacy...pure MDMA. The Peter Jennings special is really good. They talk about Dallas and specifically the Starck Club during the 80's. I didn't realise at the time that this was unique to Dallas at the time until I moved away. There's never been anything that even came close to that experience and I've been all over the world.

There are 2 documentaries about the Starck Club. The first, Warriors of the Discotheque was recently premiered. The second, The Starck Project is still in production but I have seen a "sneak peek" and it's going to be phenomenal.
http://jfafilms.com/film_warriors_of_the_discotheque.html or http://www.facebook.com/pages/Warri...The-Starck-Club-Documentary/10150143837935623
The fb page for The Starck Project is http://www.facebook.com/pages/THE-STARCK-PROJECT/87009836606