• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

PTSD and MDMA Therapy - Medical Uses of Ecstasy - Oprah

must admit, i was a lil wary of the drug before a trusted friend handed me a two-up one night...

then all the pain i carried from my service experience went away in an instant.

now, i havent had any in almost 2 years and have slowly but surely gone backwards, to the point whereby i am having major issies with my state of mind again.

oh for a dose again...

The holes in your brain shit was pretty much started by oprah's special on the dangers of ecstasy.

This is great though.

As far as Oprah goes, we all say one thing then later do another and/or change our minds completely.
For the woman in this story, she has a past she fears and is ashamed of yet one she knows lead her to be who she is today both terrible and great. I understand her dilema because it's very similar to my own.
As for MDMA, it is a drug, a medicine, a menace, and a blessing. There is no law that can stop someone from getting what they want, regardless of consequences. If someone finds something that helps them live a better daily life they will use it, whether it's approved or not. Most people will label anyone that uses it as a druggie, simply because they do not understand it and choose to ignorantly point a finger rather than care about the lives of others. Marijuana being the most commonly used drug/medicine on earth.
As for me, I will continue to encourage doing whatever you must in life to help you live happier so that you can help others to live happier.

Sarah, Oprah, MDMA and those that use, study, and try to understand it \m/ rock on!! Everyone else, I pray you learn to open your minds to things apart from yourself and your views. Not for my benefit or their benefit, but for your own.

Take care & God bless [-o<
EcHo

it's true

that's madness

why are people so scared of ecstasy in the first place anyway? like what even caused people to start the propaganda? generalised human fear?

lol, I'm sure Oprah would inhale ;o)

madness... we're all mad...

Check out the movie "Party Monster." It's based on a true story, and after I watched it for the first time I felt it was more truth than truth based. This is one of the many reasons why drugs are frowned upon world wide. I see those that discriminate against drugs the same as those that discriminate against race, sex, age, nationality/heritage, social class, religion, and every other form of discrimination. What people do not understand they fear. What people fear they will run from. Those that aren't runners will fight. Those that fight force their opinion and control upon what they fear. The 'what' is really who and the 'who' is really you and I.

On a seperate note, why is MDMA such a big deal when Desoxyn (American brand name), aka methamphetamine hcl, is already legal and has been for many years. "Can you give me a ride to the pharmacy, I need to pick up my Meth prescription..?"

If I'm not mistaken, wasn't that holes in brain thing brought up because of some sort of faulty MRI machine? Like it showed actual physical holes which is impossible?

And the Parkinsons disease thing... that was just large doses of meth given to monkeys.

Ugh, it's like a memory of something from long ago. Stuff that Oprah just jumped on because it was cool to be anti-drugs at the time.

Or am I just making stuff up...?

Anyhooo.... awesome article. I hope every suburban house wife in the US reads this. Could be the beginning of something amazing.

Ugh, it's like a memory of something from long ago. Stuff that Oprah just jumped on because it was cool to be anti-drugs at the time.

Or am I just making stuff up...?

You remember something, I don't know about "cool to be anti-drugs" but I do know about "what the public wants" and "how to use publicity to make money." Personally, I don't think anyone can know what the public wants, only what someone 'thinks' they want ;)

"Life is like a hot pepper. What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow."

If I'm not mistaken, wasn't that holes in brain thing brought up because of some sort of faulty MRI machine? Like it showed actual physical holes which is impossible?

And the Parkinsons disease thing... that was just large doses of meth given to monkeys.

Heh, didn't finish the article before I realized they talked about this.

lulz

And I don't know. I feel like people back in the early 90s are all gun ho about anti drugs. Then again I was very young, so I don't really remember how it was.

I will stop commenting on this now :p

Yeah the parkinsons thing was Ricuarte's work, he gave them methamphetamine. Of course, that doesn't stop the anti-drug crowd from having used/continuing to use his bullshit :/

Certainly hoping this gives out some positive vibes for MDMA. Cause it seems kind of common sense that (when not abused or over used) MDMA would be great for people who have been through extremely rough lives.

I love how they say "now" some therapists claim it could be beneficial.

This is great news, a good number of the female population hold Oprah in near goddess like regard. The tide is turning :)

Yeah, when I read this I was moved by it. I really hope that we will be able to put MDMA where it belongs. Life is good.

or if the drug is allowing people to go through the same therapeutic process in a faster way somehow.

That is exactly what it allows people to do. The shrink I used to see in seattle used to use MDMA on his pat. befor it was made illegal and what he said is it could condense ten years of therpy into one or two vists. Mainly because it allows people to take a step back from their emotions and work it out allmost as a third party person that is detached from the emations would be able to do. its pretty amazing stuff and needs to at least be looked into, sadly I dont see that ever happening

Even though im not a fan of oprah i cant think of a better person to be endorsing therapeutic MDMA use.

Everything she touches turns to gold. I could totally see this being the start of a radical shift in in public perception of MDMA.

yay MDMA :)

I had a break-through experience with bk-MDMA yesterday, then read this article and it made my day :)

There may be hope for this country after all...

I think the therapeutic use of mdma comes from the release of oxytocin. I have been doing some research lately on oxytocin. There was a study done on abandoned children in russia, and they had very low levels of oxytocin.. There are also people studying if this can be used to help autistic people be able to identify emotions in other people while they were talking and it looks very promising...

my interest is in the use of oxytocin in two areas.. Therapy, but namely marriage counseling. Also treating chronic migraines that have been resistant to all other therapies. But low levels of oxytocin have been linked to all kind of disorders.. ptsd, borderline personality, even addiction.

I'm sure there are other benefits and unknowns with mdma, but oxytocin is the "cuddle drug", and is what leads to the intense feelings of trust you experience.. I know I'm really supposed to post links to all this info, but it's like my third post and I'm not really sure how.. Plus I'm trying to keep my use of bluelight off the home computer, so am using my phone. That makes things exponentially harder. But it really is a fascinating chemical to study, as long as you ignore all those ridiculous advertisements for oxytocin sprays that "will make people trust you". It's hard enough to find a way too make it cross the bbb on it's own..

Which is why drugs like mdma that help your brain produce it are awesome..

I think by tranquilizers they mean Ketamine, but as for PCP - that's a joke.

Don't get it twisted..
At least in Cali the pills CAN have pcp in them.
I've been completely clean from all drugs for a while popped a white dove and took a drug test and it showed up with MDMA, methamphetamine, amphetamine, ketamine, and pcp.
Anyone can lace anything they want with it.

i believe that MDMA can greatly help with PTSD. i have complex PTSD and have only done ecstasy a few times. but the 2nd time i did it on my birthday with my boyfriend at the time was a really clean roll. i briefly talked about some of the fucked up shit that had happened in my childhood, and one of the major trauma's. one of my triggers is guns, which he has/had in his room, and after talking to him about it a bit and being around my trigger for most of the roll, i noticed that i stopped having flashbacks when faced with this trigger. in general my flashbacks have stopped.

i can't imagine how i would be if i would've seen my therapist at the time while on real legit MDMA in a long, guided therapy session. i hope in my lifetime that MDMA is legitimized again in the medical community, because it's a shame that something that can help people with issues they suffer with for life is illegal. my mother is a lot less functional than i am with her PTSD (she also suffers from other more severe mental illnesses in my opinion), and it sucks to see her suffer so much when something like this could almost fix it entirely.

i'm in school now for psychology, maybe i'll use my degree to campaign and do epic research to get this legitimized again~ haha

i hope in my lifetime that MDMA is legitimized again in the medical community, because it's a shame that something that can help people with issues they suffer with for life is illegal.
Well put.