• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

PTSD and MDMA Therapy - Medical Uses of Ecstasy - Oprah

What basically happens is that you take the drug, in a controlled setting, with a licensed therapist, and the ecstasy basically gets you to talk. It allows you to pour out your thoughts and it helps you uncover all sorts of buried memories and feelings that you might not have been able to recover otherwise. Ecstasy is good at doing that. It basically let`s you open a window down into the depths of your psyche, and allows for a vastly more productive therapy session.

I get the same loquacity from crack, except that on crack I maintain a larger working vocabulary.

What makes ecstasy a win (please correct me if I'm off) is that the person that is rolling is not just glib, but also optimistic and mutable.

I think you'll find that on a reasonable, therapeutic dosage of MDMA, your vocabulary will remain quite intact. But, aside from that, yes, MDMA (I really shouldn't say "ecstasy" anymore, because God knows what's in any given "ecstasy" pill) has a wonderful, absolutely unique effect on consciousness that only somewhat similar chemicals can even hint at (perhaps MDA, maybe methylone, mephedrone, et cetera).

Plus, you know, a bit less bad for ya than the crack. ;)

yay Oprah, she has shit loads of fans that listen to her every word, this is great for the movement

I wonder if she privately "found the magic" and now wants to turn on everyone else. Molly seems to have that effect.

With cocaine being schedule 2, any psychiatrist can currently assign cocaine-assisted psychotherapy. I think I would LIVE with a therapist who specializes in that.

No wonder Freud was such a baser.

I would actually love to roll with Oprah. What a weird night that would be!

Yup.

She would probably want to invite Dr. Phil over, that could be creepy.. but it would probably be worth it, I know personally I love to give people presents while rolling because it makes them *that much more awesome.. with Oprahs tendencies, I bet you'd be going home with an Island or soemthing.

Ive aten a pill(green mouse...luls) that had pcp supposidly in it a very long time ago... wanted to chime in becasue it was a green mouse....

Anyways FUCKING GOD DAMN thats a crazy story. I duno if its becuase I live with some kind of trauma but it seems oprahesque to have such an intense ptsd story.

Very sad... it kind of dosnt matter about more infos on mdma psychotherapy sort of with such horrific stories(its been proven to catalize change already).
......some of you people are very silly though.

fuck yeah at oprah rolling balls probably would be blasting the chi town house.

Now all the parents who catch their highschoolers rolling are going to send them to a therapist.....

possibly a good thing...

I wonder if she privately "found the magic" and now wants to turn on everyone else. Molly seems to have that effect.

it's true

With cocaine being schedule 2, any psychiatrist can currently assign cocaine-assisted psychotherapy.

that's madness

why are people so scared of ecstasy in the first place anyway? like what even caused people to start the propaganda? generalised human fear?

People who are intensely grounded fear the ego loss common with psychedelics & many over-estimate the psychedelic activity of MDMA. & of course, goverment & media scare-mongering since the 60's has turned the populace against these drugs.

This therapy hhas been used on & off for decades. Anyone who doubts the activity of MDMA in this arena needs a headslap! There is no question whatsoever that it works & it works in the majority of sufferers.

I've had PTSD & still occassionally suffer from it. I witnessed terrorist attacks as a child & suffered abuse (physical, not sexual fortunately) by an authority figure for years during my school days. There is not a single doubt in my mind that MDMA helped me immensely to deal with the issues. I might add that an evening spent smoking opium in Egypt in the late 90's also led to a breakthrough moment

terrorist attacks? fuck sake man :(
at least you're still here and in good nick.

Thanks man, I wouldnt change a thing about my past, I've reconciled things & I'm a better person for it. I'm lucky!

My mum grew up being bombed in the Blitz but she never lost her sense of humour. I reckon if she can survive some of the things she told me about that time... well, lets just say that sometimes, people can be pretty robust...

I would say this is the situation... her and her girlfriend Gayle likely took it together and had a gay old time and now she supports it....

I love oprah!!!!! finally a step in the right direction where we are getting the thuth out! Screw the war on drugs thats the most garbage policy ever.i love to see a figure head well liked by the general public putting out truthful logical information about drugs.

Good stuff. Glad to see Oprah's name attached to it.... maybe MDMA can finally get some good press.

Finally the press has picked up on some of the good things drugs can do, George Carlin style.