• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants sleepiness on meth

Status
Not open for further replies.

waiting

Greenlighter
Im extremely experienced with high dose amphetamine but inexperienced with methamphetamine. I've started playing around with meth recently, and tried smoking it most recently. usually i take in a couple small hits over a period of a half hour. At first I feel sort of like adderall used to in the beginning, really clean high, awake alert energized happy etc etc. if i continue to smoke more however i start to feel really relaxed though, sort of dopey, with accompanying euphoria - to me it feels like low dose mdma with amphetamine in it,

im wondering why higher doses of meth make me sleepy? from what i hear this is unusual, and nobody i was smoking meth with got this effect, including an absolute first timer . high dose dexedrine chills me out too (i can almost fall asleep on it), but everyone always talks about how chill dex is so as far as I can tell thats fairly normal.

meth releases much more serotonin than amphetamine, could that be why meth chills me out and adderall does not.? or is it the adderall's levo that keeps me up? I'm pretty sure I don't have ADD since Adderall since it gives me this obessive compulsive type mania.

i am a little puzzled... thanks. hope this isnt too long, tweaking :p

it may have something to do with tolerance or possible youre coming down really quick... which is unlikely because meth lasts long as hell.

drugs effect everyone differently

Adderall does this to me. At low recreational doses I'm hyped up, when I go sky high on the dosage I become totally blessed out. Odd.

That is quite odd, I've only heard of people with crazy high tolerances to their prescribed amphetamines (Dexedrine) being sleepy on high doses...I've never heard of this happening with methamphetamine, given its much longer duration than regular straight amphetamine.

I know exactly what youre talking about. I sleep within four hours of using Meth every time. I am no longer a frequent meth user but even if I do some now It has this same effect. My appetite remains intact where most people cannot eat even if they force themselves and I usually fall asleep a few hours after smoking/IVing. I think some of us are just wired a little differently

Well.. amp and meth have a cross tolerance

I've heard with people with high amphetamine tolerances that they feel chilled out after a while and not hyped up like you think someone on meth would be.

it could just be your tolerance

coke does the same thing to me. a few lines gets me going, in high doeses i get sleepy and want to pass out.

i have the EXACT same problem with amphetamines. I've been diagnosed with ADD and that's how I got my adderall script. I typically burn through my script in a week or two, then end up buying amps on and off until my next refill.

Anyway, the feeling you describe is exactly the same thing I feel when on amphetamines. I can sleep pretty easily, and I sometimes even nod out, even while on high ass doses. Perhaps you have ADHD?
the only other thing it might be is the seratonin-inducing effects of methamp. seratonin can be sedating, so that may explain it.

I have the same exact problem. I am a long term opiate user for pain management, & am tired of nodding all the time. Recently a very close friend came back into my life & is a total meth head, 4+ years now, so I
Decided to try some.... I was sleepy within an hour & hungry as hell! My stomach even started growling after an hour or so... I've tried smoking toms of Ice, railing it too, but always with no effect at all besides being sleepy & hungry!

I know the gear I have is good quality shit, because the long timers I smoked with all loved it & they got high as hell off of
It. Me on the other hand, I don't get a "rush", happy, euphoric, nothing!!

I'm tired of this & I want to feel effects of the ice if I'm going to smoke it.

Anyone have any ideas, besides, "I think we're all wired differently" or something like that??
Thanks guys!

People with ADHD seem to get almost a paradoxical reaction from amphetamines/meth. Instead of bouncing off the walls with energy, etc etc. They become much more relaxed, focused, calm. I get like this, though I don't have an official diagnosis. Taking adderal/Dexedrine makes me stimulated no doubt, but I get a wave of calmness wash over me and can lay with my eyes closed and feel great. I never feel like running a marathon or cleaning for five hours.

I have never done methamp, but I imagine I would have a similar reaction as Dexedrine/adderal. When i take them I do get stimulated and focused and motivated but at the same time i have no problem relaxing. Lying in bed on a decent dose of d-amp with my eyes closed is amazing to me.

Strange I am sure.

Just wanted to add that I'm quite sure I don't have ADD or ADHD. I have no problem staying focused, & actually sometimes I probably would seem like I was tweaking because I will start cleaning something, then go to the next thing, next, next, etc. That's without using methamphetaines. Now I figured if I smoked some ice, I'd start feeling happy, get the rush, feel euphoric, or something? Hell, my pupils dont even dilate after smoking almost 1/2 a gram over a period of an hour or so... My friend on th other hand, his eyes will be so dialated, they look like black saucers!! I've also tried just taking a few nice sized hits over half an hour, with no results but the sleepiness & hunger!!

This isn't fair!! I want the rush or
Something, even just once!!

I should add that I am currently taking 20 mg of methadone pills a day (1- 10mg tablet in morning, & 1-10mg at night). Could this be my problem maybe?? Is the Methadone somehow overpowering the Ice, or possibly blocking it's effects??

See, I smoked this morning at around 9:00am, & I fell asleep with my iPhone in my hand right after I pushed "post"!!!! This is sooo weird because I don't know anyone who has had even a remotely close experience to mine with ice use.

Any other thoughts besides ADHD? I just don't see how this is possible & I'm beyond frustrated!!
Once again, thank u to all who take the time to read this &/or reply.

Hmm.. Could be the that the methadone you take is dulling some of the stimulation, and causing you to become slightly sedated. But you are on a small dose of methadone though, so I really don't know.

I did a brief bit of research into it, and it seems that when taking stimulants, an acidic diet seems to screw up the absorption/metabolism of the meds and reduces the efficacy greatly. This is in regards to Oral consumption, though, so if you are smoking meth it may not make a big difference. Changing over to a more alkaline diet corrected this issue.

Another thing I came across was issues with blood sugar. Many people supposedly had this same issue, and a lot of them realized that their blood sugar was very low, thus inducing tiredness when taking stimulants. Monitoring their diet and making sure their blood sugar was normal helped correct the issue in these individuals.

I don't have any detailed info on it right now, but try googling it and see what you come up with. I can look more later on when I have more time to focus.

That is so crazy u said that about the low blood sugar because I may have a low reading, not sure. I know I have always eaten tons of candy & sugary things & i never have gotten a sugar rush or hyper or anything from it. It always just made me feel normal... Even when I was starving, I'd rather eat candy than regular food most times. Maybe this is the key??

I'm gonna go down some Oj & eat a bunch of sugar substances & then try smoking again.... If it doesn't do anything still, I guess it's just not for me & I'll have to sadly give up trying.. Which is probably better in the first place than being sucked down to the depths of addiction hell!!

Thank u for your post & great info BrokeDownPalace!! I greatly appreciate it. Please let me know if you manage to find some other helpful info on this problem I'm having. Thanks again!!

I have a buddy back when were doing alot of E, he would pop 3-4 pills within 30-mins and than 3-4 hours later when hes pretty much peakin he falls asleep multiple times through out the night if we were just kinda chillin out... I always found that a little odd...

I know E is known to contain meth a lot of times, but I thought it was mostly a hallucinating type of drug? Obviously I'm wrong because u posted ur comment in this thread, but is the effects of E anything like that of Ice Aka Crystal methamphetamine? Just a curiosity... Maybe I should try popping some E? But from the sounds of it, I'll probably fall asleep still!

This shit is lame! I hate feeling left out! Oh well. I'll report back if the blood sugar thing does the trick.

~Have a great day to all my new Bluelight family :);)

i have this with amphetamines all the time. when i do a lot i will often fall asleep or almost fall asleep.

Meth wise I've snorted it on one or two occasions enough to get a taste for it and I've smoked it on 1 or 2 ocassions as well, both times lasting about 2-3 day long binges and my experience with meth stopped right there I've done plenty amphetamines, mostly dextroamphetamine, a lot of amphetamine derivatives and/or stimulants such as ritalin, coke, crack and MDPV.

In my opinion the reason for being tired/sleepy is b/c your lacking your proper nutrients (mienerals & vitamins) not to mention the lack of sleep. Also taking multivitamins is not going to slove anything unless you take them with food (preferibily something with protein). Try taking better care of yourself and you will see you will not be tired.

I know E is known to contain meth a lot of times, but I thought it was mostly a hallucinating type of drug? Obviously I'm wrong because u posted ur comment in this thread, but is the effects of E anything like that of Ice Aka Crystal methamphetamine? Just a curiosity... Maybe I should try popping some E? But from the sounds of it, I'll probably fall asleep still!

This shit is lame! I hate feeling left out! Oh well. I'll report back if the blood sugar thing does the trick.

~Have a great day to all my new Bluelight family :);)

Over simplification, but strip the methylenedioxy bridge off MDMA and you've got methamphetamine left. MDMA is considered a substituted amphetamine, like its big brother, MDA.

Status
Not open for further replies.