• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

10-year anniversary of "Blacklight," the passing of Ryan Haight (aka Quicksilver)

I can't believe it's been 10 years. I think I was just a lurked then, but it seems like yesterday.

Just really touched by the memories of a young man who sadly passed over to quickly - keep shinin Ryan. Rest in peace bro

well not to rain on this sunny little form, but he died from a OD over some vics?! obviously this kid didnt know what he was doing..

well not to rain on this sunny little form, but he died from a OD over some vics?! obviously this kid didnt know what he was doing..

How can you say he didn't know what he was doing? For all you know he could have done a CWE, taken a massive dose of hydrocodone that he was accustomed to ingesting, and then had a little too much alcohol. I mean, I hope it was that way, and not acetaminophen poisoning...

But really, it doesn't matter how he died. What matters is the fact that he is missed every day by the amazing, caring community that is bluelight.

RIP

"Cyber-criminals illegally peddling controlled substances over the Internet have invaded households and threatened America's youth for far too long by supplying pharmaceuticals with a few clicks of a mouse and a credit card number," she said

8 years later and mephedrone hits the uk. at £10 a gram ($18 roughly). two years later we are. enough said...

I still remember this, hard to believe I have been on this site for over a decade. I still remain firmly convinced that Harm Reduction is a very important and ignored health issue.

It's to bad his Mother didn't understand this site:

"We also learned of Web sites on the Internet that have chat rooms that glorify the use of drugs and where sellers go to encourage our children to try them".

:( This story is very touching. I had not heard of Ryan before reading this. May he rest in peace.

I had just joined the site a little bit before he passed. RIP man... ive done everything I can to spread harm reduction..

I think it's important to remember that there's a lot that we can do beyond the website. Go to events, and tell people about harm reduction. Tell them about our website. Get all activist.

Especially in the rave scene, there is still a huge amount of hearsay and nonsense being spread around and it is costing people (who are simply looking for a good time, and for some, to belong to something for just one night, like I was when I first went to a rave years and years ago) their health and their lives.

Revolution by information, folks. %)

I remember Ryan/Quicksilver well. We had some interesting chats and his death by overdose was quite a shock at the time. I just hope his spirit is happy wherever it may be:|

strange reading these posts and now lagger has passed as well. r.i.p to all those lost to there vices.

What a shame, the kid didn't have to die... R.I.P And R.I.P to all my fallen friends and peers from drugs.. I've lost about 6 now, I'm only 22. :(

As much as we all think we know what we are doing when we intoxicate ourselves, we read pages and pages of text in eager excitement of equipping us with enough knowledge we feel necessary to give us the confidence and security to take our substances of choice. we all know (or should) the dangers and the unpredictability of it all.

Ryan was long before my time, but it sound as though he, like the rest of us, thought he knew what he was doing. And reading his story doesn't seem to me like it is necessary to brandish him a kid that didn't, Rather just one of those whom fell upon tragic bad luck.

Death can not kill what never dies

RIP Ryan and lets forever keep your memory alive.

atara> "thats why theres a bluelight"

Last edited: