• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

are satanist/devil worshippers real?

So you still make the same claim even though you haven't read "Magick Without Tears", "Mortadello", " The Heart of the Master", "Of The Nature Of The Gods", "The Necronomicon - Call of Cthulhu", and "Olla"? Fair enough devil boy.

What do Cthulhu and H.P. Lovecraft's stories have to do with Satanism? I have read them all, and yes there's a horror element to them but I wouldn't equate them with Satanism.

I never got into any magick or anything like that. A friend of mine told me how there's stuff out there that you don't want to mess with, or invite into your life unless of course you know what you're doing which most people don't.

So you still make the same claim even though you haven't read "Magick Without Tears", "Mortadello", " The Heart of the Master", "Of The Nature Of The Gods", "The Necronomicon - Call of Cthulhu", and "Olla"? Fair enough devil boy.

I haven't read "Mortadello" and only parts of "The Heart of the Master".

I haven't read "Of the Nature of the Gods", "The Necronomicon - Call of Cthulhu" or "Olla". The Necronomicon, by the way, is fiction.

I HAVE read, and possess, "Magick Without Tears", "Book 4" (the big blue brick, which includes "Magick in Theory and Practice"), "Eight Lectures on Yoga", "The Book of Lies", "Book of Thoth", "Liber Aleph", "777", "Moonchild", "Gems From the Equinox" as well as a few selected Equinox reprints, and more. And of course several editions of "The Book of the Law". I've read many Lon Milo Duquette books and Israel Regarde books, as well as quite a few other Thelemic authors. I've also read the Crowley biographies "Perdurabo" by Richard Kaczynski and "The Beast 666" by John Symonds, as well as parts of Crowleys "Confessions". I've attended lectures on various Thelemic subjects and I'm an active member of the local O.T.O. body.

So yeah, I make the same claim.

i cannot agree with Crowley anymore, for many reasons but i get the feeling he would rather be left alone(pm me me if interested). he definitely was not a satanist/devil worshiper what ever though.

my .o2

I'm, defined by subjective moral standards of our society, definitely evil. I'm completely unethical, absolutely self-centered, malicious, egomaniac, feel no regret nor remorse (except for getting caught) and only care about myself and my best friends + fiancee. If I had a box that kills a random person and gives me a dollar every time I push a button, I'd ram on it all the time. I think theistic satanism is bullshit, just like any other religion. I am a fierce proponent of self-determination, so I like laveyan satanism as a philosophy, but I think all the ritual crap around it degrades it.

^it actually sounds like, from what you have written that LaVeyan Satanism is not for you.

it is about self-respect, and respect towards others who respect you, and the better of each allowing ones dharma to be discovered and played out in harmony; not blowing shit up.

People may think it as weak to give into base desires, but its part of being human...

It certainly doesn't show strength.

To you claimed satanists... would you really want to live in a world where only your fellow satanists exist?

Is that the kind of world you would want your kids or family to live in?

Your world full of self-indulgers and people that only cared about themselves... would crumble so fast.

I have a hard time believing a population that worshiped evil & the devil would last very long.... or

Is the idea you would live alone and only worry about yourself?

I don't understand how some people can say they are 'satanists' but aren't evil. The devil/satan is evil... if you are worshiping that = evil.

Atheism I can understand, you don't believe God ok understandable, but worshiping the devil? Why? Do you use satanism as some way to better yourself? There's plenty of ways to have self-respect, self-reliance, self-whatever without worshiping evil or calling yourself a satanist.

The devil isn't going to pat you on the back and reward you when you arrive at the gates of hell, that's part of his deceit, whatever "good" you see for yourself by being a proclaimed "satanist" that's all part of the devils lies to conceal himself as 'good' . He's going to rape you in the ass anyways and laugh.

Whether God/Satan actually exists or not, the fact of it is the world definitely wouldn't be around if 'satanism' were somehow the worlds major religion. Teaching people to rebel, not follow rules, and a "you're on your own" "may the best man win" mentality would not be good for evolution.

Makes no sense.

Whether God/Satan actually exists or not, the fact of it is the world definitely wouldn't be around if 'satanism' were somehow the worlds major religion. Teaching people to rebel, not follow rules, and a "you're on your own" "may the best man win" mentality would not be good for evolution.

As opposed to say, "The meek shall inherit the Earth?" The way I see it, most of the world's religions (dominant and underground alike) have basically nothing to do with sustainability nor the evolutionary advancement of the species. The vast majority of religious practices are, from a Darwinian perspective, extremely maladaptive, wrongheaded, and often overtly detrimental: Bodily mutilation, potentially deadly rituals and rites of initiation, magnificent waste of material resources, and the disproportionate elevation of a decadent upper echelon of priests/shamans/imams/whomever over and above the interest of the majority.

As opposed to say, "The meek shall inherit the Earth?" The way I see it, most of the world's religions (dominant and underground alike) have basically nothing to do with sustainability nor the evolutionary advancement of the species. The vast majority of religious practices are, from a Darwinian perspective, extremely maladaptive, wrongheaded, and often overtly detrimental: Bodily mutilation, potentially deadly rituals and rites of initiation, magnificent waste of material resources, and the disproportionate elevation of a decadent upper echelon of priests/shamans/imams/whomever over and above the interest of the majority.

that is greatly in part sustained by the misunderstanding of the final conclusion of the practice and theory of alchemy. we discovered that, by having knowledge of the elements and how they relate to us as people, the theory as how it applies to our life is much more valuable then the ownership of the material.

ring a bell? having less to be more.

superstition continues that conundrum and violence and depletion of natural resources.

What is far worse though, inexplicably destructive, is the way we ignore our transgregressive nature and transcendent self, and rely on means of entertainment that drain our resources like nothing else.

I think it is funny how many people get bent when someone uses the word God. Satan is a part of the story of God. You cannot believe in Satan and deny God's existence because they go hand in hand.

Christians see Judas as an antagonist because he turned against Jesus. They believe he was possessed by Satan, but wasn't it God's will for his son to die? So then Judas would actually have been doing the work of God. Same goes for Satan. God wanted humans to be tempted and fall to Lucifer because it is all part of the master plan.

This is all metaphorical of course, but you see where I'm going with this? Light and Dark co-exist. People go wrong when they try to pick a side. We need to live in balance and understanding that all is one. It is the division in our hearts that keep us from our true purpose.

I come from the church of I don't know. I used to be non-denominational mainly because of my parents, and now I'm agnostic because once I started to experiment with drugs they opened my mind. I'm talking all the drugs, weed, coke, alcohol, speed, and opiates. Ever since those experiecnces in my life I have been lost and confused. I used to be a hateful person full of prejudice and ignorance. But now I am disgusted with humanity. I know there are amazing people in this world but they are few and far between. Everyone needs to reduce their ego and accept each other as one of their own. Pro-Peace as the clear answer--------end crazy hippy rant

What is far worse though, inexplicably destructive, is the way we ignore our transgregressive nature and transcendent self, and rely on means of entertainment that drain our resources like nothing else.
I literally had to google half of this quote, yeah yeah I'm a dipshit lol, but that quote is brilliant

thanks, i just open my mind and try to shut mouth.
;)

_________
but its not such a great thing to realize...unless.

thanks for posting motiv. Disturbing as fuck. She's brave to share it, especially back in those days when people were more vicious about silencing victims.

Here's another similar account by someone who experienced something similar in Belgium. Totally fits with the video just posted as far as the description. She survived by a miracle. Short and worth a watch.

To be clear, being a Satanists and Devil worshippers doesn't mean you molest or ritually sacrifice kids. It is however a real theme amongst those who claim allegiance to Satan (just like it is amongst Catholic priests). The evidence is overwhelming.

People do all kinds of things in the name of religion, money, fame and power, sometimes the line between the four is blurred too. Churches have been burned in the name of satan, insurance fraud, recognition and religious purges equally alike. What I'm trying to say is I don't think we should condemn religions for the actions of people just because people can use religions as an excuse for their own actions.

I believe in religious freedom even though most religions feel very toxic to me. While I don't think religions should be condemned, free speech regarding ones perceptions of religious doctrine and its followers if done in a factual way is fair game. Basically I agree with you. I'm a doormat to nobody but I don't hate anyone and respect peoples freedom to do stupid things. Sometimes my passions distort the message but only cause I haven't worked out all my issues yet.

So tongue in cheek but when I go to read this post the symbolism was off the hook.

00000208.png

lol

People do all kinds of things in the name of religion, money, fame and power, sometimes the line between the four is blurred too. Churches have been burned in the name of satan, insurance fraud, recognition and religious purges equally alike. What I'm trying to say is I don't think we should condemn religions for the actions of people just because people can use religions as an excuse for their own actions.

Fully agreed, good post. In my view, no religion is correct. Every one of them is an attempt to explain the unexplainable and answer the questions most humans burn to know. This was especially important back in the day when we didn't know much of anything. Religions tend to start from a good place, as a way to teach morality through history and mythology, as a way to establish some useful social norms, but inevitably some people end up using them to control others and as justification for all sorts of terrible actions, because what better means of achieving control and fear than through a system which is believed to determine the very eternal fate of your soul? Death is mysterious, none of us knows what will happen. Eliminating the fear of death serves quite a powerful purpose, as does causing fear of it.

There are so, so many religions... believing that one is right and all the others are wrong seems to me to be quite arrogant. It's much more likely that they're all imperfect attempts to codify someone's belief system, and the "correct" answer is personal to each person.