• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Soma and Oxycodone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Three somas is almost little to nothing. He's already tolerant to the oxy... So there is very minimal danger here...

Well, Soma's are known to be unpredictable. I maintain that 1 should be sufficient.

Not to bump an old thread but I thought I'd contribute.

I'm a chronic pain patient and get a shit ton of Soma RX'd along with Oxycodone. Both my Dr and my pharmacist state there is no real danger to mixing the two other than passing out. They both agree that it's nowhere NEAR as dangerous as mixing a benzo and an opiate of any kind. I'm assuming there's some kind of biochemistry related reason, even though they're both CNS depressants.

Anyway, I'm tolerant to about 60mg of Oxy at one time, and I just took 50mg of Oxy and 1 Soma and I feel VERY good, but nowhere near any kind of OD. I'm still well awake and my breathing is more or less normal. Adding in one or two more Soma most likely wouldn't be an issue.

I think caution is always the name of the game, but Soma and opiates seems to be relatively safe, even if the Carisoprodal does indeed potentiate opiates. It doesn't seem to trigger the majorly dangerous CNS depression that benzos and opiates can.

I will say that Soma is defintely an unpredictable drug. Sometimes I'll take my dose and not feel much, other times I'll take the same dose and be fucked up. It's weird, but there's no consistency to the effects. Sometimes it hits and others it doesn't, as someone else mentioned. I'd imagine taking a few Soma and having them all 'hit' + a large opiate dose would be a bit more dangerous, of course.

^ I found Soma to be pretty inconsistent too..

General consensus seems to be that it is less risky than benzos when combined with opioids, but the risk is still there so it is really important to be careful. As you say, it is all about caution :)

Thank you for your contribution! I am going to close this as it is an old thread but if anyone has anything to add shoot me a PM :)

Status
Not open for further replies.