• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

what does a xanax high feel like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pantera

Bluelighter
So i've tried hydrocodone and am curious as to what xanax is like. What are the differances? and also whats the same?

and how much is the recommended dose to start?

xanax is more of a lazy feeling, with a lot less euphoria than hydrocodone, you are also more likely to not give a fuck about anything.
Try 1-2Mgs first time.

i feel lazy and dont give a fuck about anything on hydrocodone. so they are very similiar?

Xanax makes you extremely sleepy and stupid. Kinda like being drunk. It also has a reputation of zapping your memory. You'll wake up the next day after 2mg of Xanax and wonder what the fuck happened the night before.

i feel lazy and don't give a fuck about anything on hydrocodone. so they are very similiar?

The only similarities of the two is that they are both CNS depressants that cause sedation. Benzodiazepines make you not give a fuck in a different way than opiates like hydrocodone. Benzodiazepines numb your emotions so that you don't feel anything which sort of includes pleasure. Benzos don't produce euphoria or give you a buzz. There isn't a "high". Basically benzodiazepines produce sedation and relax you, your mind and your body. They make you feel comfortable which means you can become lazy.

All Benzos have the following purposes:
1. Relief of anxiety (calm you down)
2. Induce sleep
3. Relax muscles
4. Anti-convulsants
5. Amnesiacs

Xanax kicks in very quick, like within 5 minutes and has a short duration of 2.5-3 hours You become very calm quickly, then you'll feel slightly sedated, maybe numb. You MAY feel some euphoria for a few minutes or so but don't expect to. You become relaxed and get lazy like you want to kick back on the couch and do nothing. You may fall asleep and forget about everything.

Unlike hydrocodone, you don't want to take benzodiazepines at school. It is a stupid idea and will probably get caught. You can tell when somebody is fucked up on them. You might stumble around and slur. They are tranquilizers. You don't want to be anywhere you can't sit down. School may have seats but you may just fall asleep and forget where you are when you wake up. Benzos make you very drowsy. You will have regret you took them, it will be no fun to do so. They don't make you really "high".

really? taking xanax at school would make me that noticeably different?

The only similarities of the two is that they are both CNS depressants that cause sedation. Benzodiazepines make you not give a fuck in a different way than opiates like hydrocodone. Benzodiazepines numb your emotions so that you don't feel anything which sort of includes pleasure. Benzos don't produce euphoria or give you a buzz. There isn't a "high". Basically benzodiazepines produce sedation and relax you, your mind and your body. They make you feel comfortable which means you can become lazy.

All Benzos have the following purposes:
1. Relief of anxiety (calm you down)
2. Induce sleep
3. Relax muscles
4. Anti-convulsants
5. Amnesiacs

Xanax kicks in very quick, like within 5 minutes and has a short duration of 2.5-3 hours You become very calm quickly, then you'll feel slightly sedated, maybe numb. You MAY feel some euphoria for a few minutes or so but don't expect to. You become relaxed and get lazy like you want to kick back on the couch and do nothing. You may fall asleep and forget about everything.

Unlike hydrocodone, you don't want to take benzodiazepines at school. It is a stupid idea and will probably get caught. You can tell when somebody is fucked up on them. You might stumble around and slur. They are tranquilizers. You don't want to be anywhere you can't sit down. School may have seats but you may just fall asleep and forget where you are when you wake up. Benzos make you very drowsy. You will have regret you took them, it will be no fun to do so. They don't make you really "high".

I couldn't have put it more eloquently. VERY GOOD comparison. I get anxiety at work a lot. I popped a Xanax one day just before walking into an important staff meeting. I woke up with everyone around the table laughing at me. Xanax makes you non-functional.

i really want to try some.

how commonly is it used recreationally compared to hydrocodone you think?

It feels like a blackout lol. Its just like drinking without any feeling in your body, which isn't really my kind of high.

i need to find a way to get some. this would be great for school in my opinion

To me it feels alot like being drunk. I am more aware of what goes on around me than when Im drunk, but my body gets that same lazy(as described earlier) relaxed feeling that I get when drunk. The first time I took xanax I made the mistake of taking a whole 2mg bar and I couldnt even stand up out of my chair without falling back into it after it kicked in lol.

If you havent taken xanax before, I suggest only using .5mg at first. Its also not a drug you want to make a habit out of. I hear of people dying on xanax than almost anything else. Many celebrities have died from mixtures of medications that always seem to include xanax, and if you ever watch Dr.G Medical Examiner, you will notice alot of her autopsies are of ppl who died as a result of complications taking meds including xanax. So just take it when you really need it, its a very dangerous drug to make a habit out of.

You cannot compare the high of an opiate to a benzo...two very very different feelings. Opiates (hydrocodone) give you a peaceful warm blissful feeling. Benzos will give you some attributes of being drunk such as not giving a damn, saying whatever is on your mind and feeling tired, but without the "drunk" bodily feeling.

My benzo nights usually involve me getting into a fight, steeling shit and not remembering anything the next morning. I've learned that they are not my cup of tea unless i take a dose that's so minute it's not even worth it. I can't imagine being in school on 1mg+ of xanax, i would be kicked out in a heartbeat.

I can't imagine being in school on 1mg+ of xanax, i would be kicked out in a heartbeat.

The OP thinks it would be a good idea to take at school LOL

If your looking to be thrown out of school for being drunk than go ahead, take it at school.

The OP thinks it would be a good idea to take at school LOL

If your looking to be thrown out of school for being drunk than go ahead, take it at school.

i guarantee i wouldnt be kicked out. I know some people who actually come to school drunk. no ones ever been kicked out.

I'll start off with .5 mg and see how i react to it

im finding a way to do this

I have hydrocodone now i need a benzo so my tolerance wont go up really fast. and i'll keep alternating

Oh man I had quite a thing going on with xanax back when i was in highschool. I had a lot of anxiety and had been on various medications(ssri's) none of which seemed to work. One day I this girl I knew offered to sell me some. I told her I had never done them so she gave me 2 2mg bars for free to try. That night being anxious about trying it, I took a quarter of it. I noticed a subtle relaxtion 20 minutes later. I decided to take another .25. Felt even better, all my anxiety stopped, I felt normal and pleasantly relaxed. Took the rest of that one plus the other 2mg one, felt sedated and without a care in the world. This turned into an (luckily) moderate addiction fast, the odd thing was is i could remember what i did on them unless i ate more than 8mg or mixed them with alcohol. I'll never forget me and my friend taking 3 each and ending up at hiss place, him talking about wanting a surface piercing and me offering to give him one with a safety pin. We walked to the restroom and I stuck the safety pin through is arm and closed it... Under normal sober circumstances seeing that happen would have made me faint. Also, the withdraws from benzodiazepines are terrible, be careful!

i guarantee i wouldnt be kicked out. I know some people who actually come to school drunk. no ones ever been kicked out.

I'll start off with .5 mg and see how i react to it

im finding a way to do this

Famous last words buddy. Don't take drugs at school. I don't want to sound like a parent, but not only will you get kicked out if you get caught, but you won't learn shit. This might not seem like a big deal, but if you don't do anything in school then you really shut alot of doors for your future. Like college, which isn't all about study. If you like getting drunk, high and fucking alot of hot girls then college may be for you.

At least try the drug at home a few times so you know what to expect.

Also, research more. Xanax can be very addictive, and getting addicted to it and having to give up is not a fun experience.

The high isn't that great. You'll feel drowsy, out of it, any anxiety you have will be gone. You feel relaxed (but not like on opiates), there is very little euphoria. Walking might be a bit difficult, as will talking. There is a good chance you will forget most of what you do while on it. also, be warned you might do alot of odd shit you don't remember, I used to do this when I had a valium addiction (valium is another type of benzo), and I'd wake up the next day and be like 'what the fuck happened' with all these weird text messages or phone calls made.

Status
Not open for further replies.