• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Knot in arm after IVing.. Hurts like hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neeoon23

Greenlighter
This is my first post so I apologize if it's at the wrong spot. Ok so.. I have been using the same area on my arm for a while cause I can't seem to hit on my left arm. Just today it started to get really sore and I can't fully extend or bend it because it hurts so bad. I'm assuming that my arm is just sore and needs to heal, but I just wanna make sure I don't have any serious problems. I'm obviously gonna have to give this spot a break for a while now so it can heal, but like I said I haven't been able to use my left arm lately and I've never tried anywhere else. My veins aren't really visible, except for the ones in my hands and wrists. I have checked out vein maps but I'm still not really sure if any place is too dangerous to try. Any help would be appreciated.

Here's a pic of my right arm..
trisha0nicole

I just missed & haven't done that in forever. I'm shaky& I assume I moved my point but this one hurts worse then any!!!! It's extremely hot and red and swollen. Damn what a waste& now I gotta wear long sleeves! I'm so pissed!

Give it a day and see what it's like within 24 hours, don't panic.

Worst case scenario is if it gets worse just walk into a Planned Parenthood or a local free clinic and they'll treat you, no questions asked.

I would strongly suggest seeing a doctor. You may have an abscess or some other injury or infection secondary to injecting. The consequences for letting one of these complications go untreated can be pretty severe, so again I'd strongly suggest being seen by a doctor.

As amapola mentioned above, there is a ton of good information in the IV Complications Mega-thread.

I'm going to go ahead and close this now, please PM me if you have any concerns.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.