• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Citalopram high?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Placebo or not, they still do help people. Probably less than 50% of the people on them but they still have saved lives.

I have never heard of anything like you've said occuring from an anti-depressant. Maybe you should try an SRNI instead of an SSRI?

I have started an SSRI recently, and am actually kind of upset it hasn't rendered more sexual "side-effects". I know, I am a freak, but I feel better when I go without masturbating, and I am not in a relationship so that is that. Not that I don't enjoy masturbating, but it is just messy, and there is something I like about abstaining from it. Not healthy probably, but so are a lot of things I do.

I have never heard of anything like you've said occuring from an anti-depressant. Maybe you should try an SRNI instead of an SSRI?

They are very common and you'd get the same from an SNRI. Been through both and experienced the same damn things from each.

When I was on Citalopram 40mg. It made me feel like a zombie and I couldn't cum. bullshit med.

how do i go about getting prescribed lorazapam?

my doc also treats my dad whom is a bi-polar, severely depressed maniac. He is prescribed a number of different anxiety/anti-depressants and one is lorazapam. I know this treats my dad for his anxiety and mania episodes so i'm wondering how to ask my doc about it without seeming like a seeker.

because even while on citalopram - i still feel anxiety. I'll admit it's not as bad as it was but i still have attacks that can stem from no where. I want a benzo to mellow me out whenever i have an attack or have really bad social anxiety/ocd. my dad is prescribed it so maybe i can use that toward my advantage?

Suffer from anxiety mainly, have been prescribed propranolol previously to deal with shakes and tremors. Had been off it for 2 years but recent events made me get a re-up. Recent events have also made me depressed,so doc prescribed me citalopram 20mg. After 2 days taking it I feel totally insane, manic, panic attacks, semi-suicidal. Had to take the day off work today. The way i would describe the feeling is the tingly, nervous, nausious,paranoia type feeling you some times get just before you come up on an E. that kind of intense, slightly rushy feeling just before you come up that normally lasts about 10mins before you start feeling good. Well that feeling has been with me for 24 hours and has sent me loopy. Havent slept, been sick, shaking, feel mental. I'm not going to take anymore, I'm sure the side fx will ease, but the drug just seems so fake, unatural and mind altering. I'd rather just deal with this shit myself and retain my sense of reality.

Suffer from anxiety mainly, have been prescribed propranolol previously to deal with shakes and tremors. Had been off it for 2 years but recent events made me get a re-up. Recent events have also made me depressed,so doc prescribed me citalopram 20mg. After 2 days taking it I feel totally insane, manic, panic attacks, semi-suicidal. Had to take the day off work today. The way i would describe the feeling is the tingly, nervous, nausious,paranoia type feeling you some times get just before you come up on an E. that kind of intense, slightly rushy feeling just before you come up that normally lasts about 10mins before you start feeling good. Well that feeling has been with me for 24 hours and has sent me loopy. Havent slept, been sick, shaking, feel mental. I'm not going to take anymore, I'm sure the side fx will ease, but the drug just seems so fake, unatural and mind altering. I'd rather just deal with this shit myself and retain my sense of reality.

Hi Cheezed, welcome to Bluelight. This thread is 2 years old and here in BDD we discourage bumping of old threads unless you have something extremely important to add. If you have any questions about Citalopram or your situation please feel free to start a new thread. Sorry you had these side effects, definitely talk to your doctor. Thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.