• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Methadone and Ambien

Status
Not open for further replies.

john3434

Bluelighter
Dosed Methadone for first time about 4 hours. Total dose 15mg. Can definitely feel it, but only very subtly. I take Ambien CR 12.5mg everynight (I have a high tolerance so I usually take 2-3 of them and chew them up rather than taking them whole). Question is, is it safe for me to take just 1 Ambien CR tonight after dosing the Methadone?

Never heard anything back so I just went ahead and took one Ambien CR 12.5mg. I'll report back in half an hour unless I have some sort of awful reaction. Maybe it will be a nice combo. Fingers crossed.

On a side note, the methadone has completely relieved the pain from my ruptured disc so that's a plus.

While mixing benzos and z-drugs such as ambien with methadone is a bad idea, chances are if you keep the dose really low, you should make it through alright. It is just that the respiratory depression from the methadone will be exacerbated by other sedatives, so sleeping could prove to be fatal. not trying to scare you, but it is possible. you should be alright though since you took a relatively small dose of methadone. I assume you're sleeping by now? R e []D 0 R T back in the morning.

While mixing benzos and z-drugs such as ambien with methadone is a bad idea, chances are if you keep the dose really low, you should make it through alright. It is just that the respiratory depression from the methadone will be exacerbated by other sedatives, so sleeping could prove to be fatal. not trying to scare you, but it is possible. you should be alright though since you took a relatively small dose of methadone. I assume you're sleeping by now? R e []D 0 R T back in the morning.

Well, I survived. I took one Ambien CR 12.5 (chewed up) with 2 sudafed to help the resp depression. Waited about an hour and was still fine so I took another. Went to sleep about 30 minutes after that. Only a slight nod before I went to bed. (I WOULD NOT SUGGEST THIS TO ANYONE ELSE WHO DOESN"T HAVE A TOLERANCE TO ZOLPIDEM. I HAVE A VERY HIGH TOLERANCE)

I think my opiate tolerance is quite a bit higher than I realized. I ended up taking a total of 15mg of methadone yesterday evening. I would say somewhere around the 2.5 to 3 hour mark I definitely felt it kick in. I would equate the feeling to taking maybe 4 Perc 10's on an empty stomach with some aspirin. After an hour or two that subsided to just a mild sedative feeling.
Back pain is all gone though. It worked well for that. This morning I can still feel it a bit, but back pain is back. Considering taking another 10mg of methadone (that would be roughly 18 hours since first dose) to try to hit the back pain again. You think that would be ok? The pain management info I researched suggested 10mg q8h for someone with my tolerance, but I also don't want to get too much of this stuff in my system since I'm getting Perc 10's tomorrow and I don't want to block those out.

By the way, thanks again for all your responses Brokedown. You've been very helpful.

You can certainly take another 10mg methadone. I was about to say the same thing about you most likely having a tolerance to zolpidem, but it's probably best coming from the horse's mouth, as they say.

10mg of methadone is a good starting dose for someone without opiate tolerance or with a small amount of tolerance. But since you took 15mg and didn't have a problem, 10mg should be fine. If you want to be extra careful about it, I recommend taking 5mg methadone, waiting two hours (methadone takes a LONG time to reach full effect) and if you're still in pain, taking the other 5mg.

That low of a dose of methadone won't block the effects of your percocet's oxycodone. Based upon what I've read from others on this board...methadone doesn't really start blocking the effects of other opiates until the 50-70mg range. Myself personally I have very little methadone experience, I find it lasts a bit too long for my liking. Although it is ideal for pain management for that exact reason.

Best of luck man, and keep us posted/let us know if you have any other questions.

Neighborhood pretty much covered it all, you should be good to go. No problem helping you out my dude. If you need anything else don't hesitate and ask.

Thanks Neighborhood and Brokedown. I took the 10mg not too long ago. We'll see how that goes. I'll report back in at the 2-3 hour mark. I posted a question on another thread related to the Methadone. If you get a chance give it a read. I'd appreciate your feedback.

By the way, what the hell is up with this "TOUCH THE BOYS" guy?

Mixing AMBIEN (ZOLPEDEM) (seditives) AND METHADONE (opiates) be carefull and read som

Dosed Methadone for first time about 4 hours. Total dose 15mg. Can definitely feel it, but only very subtly. I take Ambien CR 12.5mg everynight (I have a high tolerance so I usually take 2-3 of them and chew them up rather than taking them whole). Question is, is it safe for me to take just 1 Ambien CR tonight after dosing the Methadone?

Zolpedem http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zolpidem It is a short-acting nonbenzodiazepine hypnotic of the imidazopyridine class[3] that potentiates GABA, an inhibitory neurotransmitter, by binding to GABAA receptors at the same location as benzodiazepines.[4] Similar to the strength of Valium an older weaker form of benzodiazepine. If you take Ambien (Zolpedem) as it is directed along with Methadone which is a synthetic opioid and an acyclic analog of morphine or heroin, methadone acts on the same opioid receptors as these drugs.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methadone take them similar to prescribed doses, untill you know how they work together.

I take both Ambien and Methadone every day and night You Should be okay, but Never take large doses of any sedative either Benzo or other-wise in large doses together with opiates, that you know have made you very sleepy at all, wheres all the fun if your passed out. Both Methadone and Ambien (zolpedem) can cause serious depression in the Central Nervous System that can result in impaired breathing, confusion, narcolepsy (passing out), impaired thinking or judgement, night-walking unusual behavior, possible symptoms similar to so-called date rape drugs and even a nasty morning hangover.
Before taking anything other than prescribed make a list of what you've down keep it in your pocket throw it away after and if you wake up. It might save your life. I have taken every combination of just about everything herbal, pharmaceutical and chemical. My mother is a physician and I used to be pre-med and have extensive knowledge of medicine and the brain. I have tested and experimented personally with just about every drug and or chemical sometimes with disaster. Even with thorough investigation. PLEASE take my advice be careful, MOST anything you take may act different the next time you take it depending on sleep, diet, mood or even environment. Recreational Drug Use is suicide it might not kill you right away but eventually it will, THERE'S NO NEED TO PRETEND BECAUSE WE ALL KNOW THE RISK WE TAKE.

Status
Not open for further replies.