• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Big & Dandy Allylescaline Thread

@Quasimodo: Oh! well it's certainly possible, but as a general rule I have my doubts about RCs or analogues of classic psychedelics really trumping their 'parent' compound. The past has proven that most of the time, analogues focus a little more on this or that and may have some potential for having more side-effects... but actually trumping their parent? Rarely if ever. If you have lots of mescaline at your disposal I would probably not care one way or the other because it's pretty perfect. Maybe it could be more visual but that's about it. And of course the potency is so damn low, but that's why I said: if you have enough...

A lot of tryptamines are gems like 4-HO-MET, and they can be valuable on their own for sure but to trump 4-HO-DMT... I don't know, I think I'm quite satisfied! I know you never said trump, you just said allylescaline may be valuable, and perhaps it is... Who knows if it were more available it could reach a popularity status like 4-AcO-DMT has. I guess you're right, its totally possible. :) I never meant to dismiss your suggestion in any way, I am just thinking out loud!!

Taking the alkylated 2C-X compounds as an example, proscaline might shine some light on where you might be headed with allylescaline or buscaline. 2C-iP does not seem like much worth but it has significantly different electronegativity, and the pi-bond in allylescaline makes it more constricted. Anyway proscaline sounds like it still retains some MDMA-likeliness mescaline also has, but more of a body buzz or euphoria and less visuals. I don't know if that trend would be continued.
I should really try my proscaline!!

Isn't this a bit close-minded? This might hold true for some people but I've found phenethylamine derivatives such as 2c-e and DOC much more interesting and valuable than mescaline (though I enjoyed mescaline quite a bit!). Additionally many have found DPT a lot more interesting than DMT... there are other examples. I don't think there is any reason to think that the parent compounds should have a higher incidence of being "superior" to the derivatives, aside from the fact that there is a much larger number of derivative compounds - of course more of them will be duds, there are just so many of them.

Isn't this a bit close-minded? [...]

After closer consideration, yes it is.

I got carried away by the fact that a lot of them are very derivative (lol) though really substantial substitution still remains a different thing from extensions closer to home. But even that is saying nothing looking at DPT starting from DMT for example. If everyone was as closed-minded our unexpected 'black swan' discoveries would come at a much slower rate.

I guess a more proper response would have been "just don't get your hopes up TOO much", you know.. just because it is fairly new territory does not make it fertile ground. Who knows though.

5-MeO-DALT isn't illegal because it has no alkyl substituent at the nitrogen atom. If this compound had only allyloxy groups on the ring it would be legal, but it has alkoxy groups as well and so is illegal.

I think the allyl(oxy) groups would interact with each other. Maybe less so if it had a 2,4,6 pattern like TMA-6.

I have tried this material several times. The first time was in combination with AMT, at a dose of about 40 mg of allylescaline, and 60 mg of AMT. These may seem like high doses to some, but I am not very sensitivity to psychedelics, partially due to my use of trazodone(Desyrel) (a 5-HT2A antagonist, amongst other activities), which I try to abstain from for a few days before I trip, and maybe due to my history of depression (has anybody heard of depression, with its supposed alteration in monoamine function, altering dose response curves for psychedelics?).

I had one of the most moving, beautiful experiences of my life, with intense visuals, euphoria, deep seated contentment with all aspects of life and the universe, etc etc, all the greatest aspects of the classical description of psychedelic experiences. Of course, including the AMT with the AL almost guaranteed a strong trip.

Taking it alone, a week or two later, was every bit as wonderful, albeit slightly different. Dose around 60 to 120 (again, higher than recommended, the aforementioned caveat applies) The usual AMT experience was gone, of course, but was not necessarily missed. I had a wonderful experience, with a clean ccome up and no GI effects, maybe a bit of sweating at one point. A feeling of moderate, very pleasant, and very calm stimulation, very different than that of any stimulant I have so far used (and that includes many). Vivid visualizations, geometric patterns (I usually tend to see wavy, swirly, rounded, moving patterns of color, these were more structured) of green, purple, and pink, not unlike the art and sculpture of some South and Central American indigenous cultures - jade jaguars, strong, blocky lines, square headed men with large teeth, shaped almost like blocks, and all subtle variations thereof. I was awash in wonder and amazement. Also spent time wandering throughout my imagination, considering the implications of general relativity, quantum theory, the holographic universe, string theory, origins of life, and many other things, some of which I only know enough about to come up with ideas that make sense to me, but would be silliness to somebody who new what the terms I was using actually meant - stoned theoretical philosophizing.

Your descriptions of experiencing a relatively rare compound are much appreciated, thanks a lot!

B&D-yfied and added link to PD's Psychedelic Index.

Last edited:
I am a little skeptical about the value of this chem although kebil's report is reassuring. Im hoping this isn't another 5-meo-dalt type case. In tihkal the reports make 5-meo-dalt seem quite interesting but as we now know, it is a very mild and I'm my opinion, uninteresting chemical. Im just hoping this isn't the case for AL, as the there are only a few pihkal reports and they are kind of a mixed bag. In any case, looks like this chem will be making its way into the public market soon enough, it will be very interesting to see what it has to offer!

this one is making it's rounds again right now;been waiting for it- just went in on 3gz w a buddy.

not very much info on it..ill be sure to update and write a TR once it's in hand and researched:D

i have a feeling this one is going to show much more promise than the only other mescaline analogue ive tried, proscaline.

either there was a purity issue or shulgin was way off on the dosages of that one..

@Solipsis- did you ever try your proscaline? just curious if you noticed it to be less potent than stated in pihkal. ive talked to a few other ppl who agree w me, but we all had the same batch..the batch we had came around in like 09 and was being offered along with HOT-7..(hope thats not considered tmi..?)

Last edited:
I'd be excited to hear about this myself as well. Looks like I will soon have a source for this item, and would like to take a closer look at it. I've only worked with Mescaline once - was a tea extraction/reduction, but my roomate messed it up and unfortunately left the experience only about 1/3rd as potent as it should have been. Most horrible tasting drink I've ever forced down, but I feel like by doing so I've earned the right to try out the synthetics. No pain, no gain. :)

I had a wonderful experience, with a clean come up and no GI effects, maybe a bit of sweating at one point. A feeling of moderate, very pleasant, and very calm stimulation, very different than that of any stimulant I have so far used (and that includes many). Vivid visualizations, geometric patterns (I usually tend to see wavy, swirly, rounded, moving patterns of color, these were more structured) of green, purple, and pink, not unlike the art and sculpture of some South and Central American indigenous cultures - jade jaguars, strong, blocky lines, square headed men with large teeth, shaped almost like blocks, and all subtle variations thereof. I was awash in wonder and amazement. Also spent time wandering throughout my imagination, considering the implications of general relativity, quantum theory, the holographic universe, string theory, origins of life, and many other things, some of which I only know enough about to come up with ideas that make sense to me, but would be silliness to somebody who new what the terms I was using actually meant - stoned theoretical philosophizing.

This sounds like the Holy Grail of psychedelics. Active at reasonably low dosages and with no GI body load. Lack of nausea alone would be a major advancement in PEAs. The visuals described above sound like full-on mescaline/LSD type visuals, rather than 2C-X type, which never seem to achieve the same richness.

Last edited:
I decided to bump this thread because I'm curious if anything ever became of the compound because I personally would be very interested in some of the mescaline magic.

Last edited:
im curious as well, I assumed this would be out in the wild soon or possibly now, have any of you lucky bastards tasted it? that review a couple pages back sounds like the holy grail indeed.

I have some on the way, will probably give it a go next weekend woohoo, sounds promosing, anyone care to speculate on the pharmacology/toxicity of this one based on chemical stucture?

I found it to be light. Pleasant but light. Not full range visual disturbance like with DOC by any means. Very light, pleasant, just poking at visually effective. 35mg orally and 10mg nasally lasted 12 hours, +1- no more than +2 with marijuana and alcohol. I have yet to explore in higher ranges. Very pleasant psyche though. It feels like it has great potential, but this might just be the mescaline trying to poke through the allyl on the fourth position. I will look into it some more believe me haha.

Buddy said it was like Ecstacy with balls. I found it to be more like ecstacy after being neutered. Something wrong here? I don't know. I'll have to try again. I certainly wasn't put off by my first sample.

Here are some of my notes that I am going to just copy and paste from my other threads. I tried this this weekend with a friend.

Here's a timeline until I was tripping too hard to continue:
8:00pm - Took 24mg orally
9:00pm - No effects yet. In PIHKAL, I recall Shulgin saying that he started to feel some effects at 45 minutes in. Added 12mg oral
10:00pm - Feeling the sense of phenethylamine come-up in my teeth. People who have tried the 2Cs should know what I'm talking about. Still no other signs.
10:30pm - Very tired, try to lay down and take a nap
11:00pm - Can't sleep, get up. Still no visuals, play some videogames.
11:30pm - Some light nausea, definite body high, still no other effects
12:00am - Body high pretty overwhelming. No visuals yet though. A little speedy.
1:00am - Decide to take a shower - Visuals come up on the shower tiles. Everything hits all at once - textures become entirely unhinged from their surroundings, and the objects that they should be attached to. Some breathing. Still not very color-based, mostly texture based.
2:00am - Still seeing visuals. Still peaking.

And some qualitative notes:
-It was a really long come-up. It was enjoyable while peaking, but I'm definitely a bigger fan of the 2Cs. I woke up with a headache and feeling hung over, similar to Shulgin's experience. I've never really felt that off a 2C before.
-Visuals were mostly light to non-existent. However I did attempt to take a shower, and when I went into the shower, everything went crazy. The textures detached from the surfaces of objects they were affixed to and began spinning wildly. This lasted for about an hour. There was really nothing in the way of color/hue enhancement, just things moving about on their own accord.
-Body high was overwhelming at times. Felt like my skin was bristling with electricity. Was almost uncomfortable.

I'll have some in about 2 weeks time (hopefully) and will try it soon thereafter. I'll post a TR as soon as I try it.

so anyone care to venture guesses on the duration of this? 5h comeup doesnt seem like that mush fun, im already struggling with the 3h+ comeup of aMT...
whats the body high/load like? any specifics?

5h comeup doesnt seem like that mush fun

I've found writing to be quite enjoyable on allylescaline thus far. And so, I've decided to come share what my experience has been concerning that.

dose = 20mg(+-2)

At T= ~51 minutes I began to notice something was up. Naught but the slightest hint of a body high at that point, mind you.

T= ~1 hour I began to notice something up with my vision. If someone had asked me I could not have said what it was. I also began to feel a bit of nausea coming on(something I seem to be prone to with phens).

T= ~2 hours I had just finished playing one of the most amazing games of go I had ever experienced (was the first time combining go with psychedelics. something I had been quite eagerly looking forward to.) At some point during the game the effects had become significantly more pronounced. I quickly wrote down that I absolutely HAD to check if my walls had always had such a striking resemblance to a squirming mass of maggots.

In short, it would seem that only an unfortunate few must worry about a five hour come-up.