• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Golf Golf Thread

alasdair, those pictures = heaven.

you're lucky.

i worked at forest highlands in flagstaff, az for about 4 years. there were two courses. the canyon course and the meadow course. the canyon was ranked #1 in AZ the first year i worked there. man, i miss playing those courses and i love hitting the ball at 7000 feet in elevation. the best was when i shanked one and almost hit dan marjerle. what a fucking prick that guy was.

FH_Background_copycomp.jpg

original.jpg

Go time my 3-4 fellow BLer Golf faggits!
I know you fucks dont like Rory Mac but -7 through 16? Daaaamnnnnn

All my guys(besides Phil) are sitting okay but flirting around the cut line:

Stricker : E, Watney: E. Jimenez -1, Crane +1

Went out and played for the first time this year, with a modest 96

I took a 9 on a hole due to sculling a bunker shot into a wooded area

I was still happy with how I played, had a 6 hole stretch where I was +2

I never take any mulligens, count puts that I miss that I should have made or shave strokes in any way - that shits for losers;)

Since I don't know where to play softball in this area, I had to sign up for a golf league today, should be fun.

Jason Day raped Augusta today but I doubt he has it in him to do it again, especially on Sunday. It would be nice to see McIlroy win it from start to finish but if Tiger is still there abouts after the third round I would love to see him get up and stick it to all the haters.

If you finish with 4 birdies you well and truely deserve to win it.

Amazing final round, how many different players held the lead today?

Nope no wager was placed, but I did have him in my starting line-up in Yahoo fantasy golf:D

I'm sick of hearing retard sports journalists say shit how Schwartzel winning is bad for the game.....seriously? I think that's awesome for golf, what's so great about having just a few stars compared to 20?

Nope no wager was placed, but I did have him in my starting line-up in Yahoo fantasy golf:D

I'm sick of hearing retard sports journalists say shit how Schwartzel winning is bad for the game.....seriously? I think that's awesome for golf, what's so great about having just a few stars compared to 20?

yea, i hate that shit too. tiger brought a lot to golf as far as arm chair fans and new viewers. now that he's showed he is human people think it's taking away from the game. the pga may have lost some veiwers, but for people like us who follow golf cloesly and have followed it for years before tiger became a stand out, it's great. you can't tell me the masters in 97 that tiger won by 12 strokes was better than this past one.

sure, when tiger is in the zone it's super fun to watch but i'd much rather watch a close tournament with a handful of players from all over the globe in the hunt come sunday.

we're watching the new generation of golf right now and i think it's awesome.

schwartzel is 140 pounds soaking wet with cowboy boots on.

I've never really been one for Golf at all.

After a round yesterday and then 100 balls at the driving range I can fairly say that I finally get what Golf is all about. I'm not awesome but for a real novice I go alright, meaning I can hit the ball in the direction I intend.
I feel like a whole new world has just opened up, with so much more to learn about the game now that I'm actually interested in it. :)

Oh shit. Be prepared to spend all your money.

Golf is one of the most addicting sports. It's a quest to better yourself. If you can hit the ball in the general direction... you're on your way! When I first learned how to straighten my woods (not intended to be a euphemism), I fell balls deep into golf more so than I already was.

Yeh after we finished the 18th, I had a wander through Pro shop. 8o

There's a few dollars in the game for sure, no denying that.

I don't plan to go all out yet, I'll learn to perfect the basic fundamentals and techniques with some half decent equipment before decide to spend anything silly on the game.

I can aim the ball in straight line fairly spot on up to about 185M (about 200 yds)

After that, I'm off the mark. That's actually the first time I've had a decent go at a driving range so was happy with my shot compared to some of the people that were around me.

Fairly average on the green so there's some work to be had with my putting.

Good fun though innit.

Time to get balls deep by the sound of it =D

Balls deep in those holes, bro!!!

And I'm not solely talking about spending money on equipment, but when you drop money on the round, the beer, the cigars, etc. it starts adding up! Drinking, smoking, and stroking... it's a (gentle)manly game.

And for your first real go at it... sounds pretty successful!

If I may suggest a tip to practice at the range? One of the ways I learned to straighten my Driver out was I would swing at about half speed for a little bit and just kind of pop the ball off the tee, maybe about 75 to 100 yards then slowly work my way up to full strength. You really become more aware of how you're swinging that way (or at least I did). There's a lot of thinking involved in golf, but if you can make it more about muscle memory during the long ball, you'll be amazed at how much your game will improve!

Another good thing to do at the range is to draw your back swing slowly, while releasing your down swing at regular strength. A lot of people tend to get into a habit of trying to power the ball and will start speeding up their swing in doing so.

anybody else catch steve stricker's birdie on 18 to win the john deere yesterday?

fucking sick. one of the better birdies i've ever seen, especially to win a tournament. his 3rd time in a row at the john deere no less.

i shot the best round of my life last week: 84.

felt great :)

alasdair

NICE!!

British open starts tomorrow. I love 6 AM golf here on EST.

Does Mcilroy take this? Pretty excited to see how Jason Day hanldles a lynx course.

I wish John Daly would win this thing. Unfortunately, he won't.