• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants 20mg adderall

Status
Not open for further replies.

hardcheeba

Bluelighter
Recently acquired 10 20mg M. amphet salt pills (which I'm assuming is adderall xr).
How strong is 20mg? What kind of high can i expect, or should i take more?

I wouldn't just "assume" its adderall XR. Look up the pill online to see if it is instant release or adderall XR.

What do you mean by "M. amphet"? I hope you don't mean methamphetamine, because adderall is not methamphetamine. The brand name for pharmaceutical methamphetamine is Desoxyn, not adderall.

What do they look like? Can you describe them?

Adderall XR will have "Adderall XR" printed on the pill itself, as well as the dosage - but sometimes, this print is faded off so I can see why you might have trouble identifying whether or not it is adderall XR.
This is what Adderall XR looks like: It comes in capsules with small beads inside - half of the capsule is clear (although sometimes it is white or something else), and you can see the tiny beads inside of the pill. If half the capsule isn't clear, then you should still be able to hear the beads in the pill if you hold it up to your ear and shake it, or if you hold the pill up to a light you should be able to see the beads inside of it - alternatively, you can carefully pull apart the two halves of the capsule and check to make sure there is beads inside; make sure you are pulling one half towards the ceiling while pulling the capsule apart, otherwise the beads will fall out all over the place (the beads also tend to bounce all over the fucking place when emptied out of the pill, and they are generally just a pain in the ass to have to deal with).

Depending on the dosage, some adderall XR pills are blue, and some are orange. 20mg Adderall XR is orange - but 30mg Adderall XR is also orange, so it might be difficult or impossible to tell the difference if the print has faded and you're not familiar with the two (unless you compare them side by side, 30mg pills are slightly larger than the 20mg pills).

If your pills are not rounded-off cylinder-shaped capsules with loose beads inside of them, then they are either instant release adderall or something else entirely. Just make sure you know for certain what the hell it is before you put some unknown substance inside of you.

Anyways, 20mg XR shouldn't be too strong, but you should definitely be able to feel it. It's a good starting dose. It also depends on your body weight and other factors as well.

You'll feel stimulated (awake/energetic) and motivated to do things. It'll make it a lot easier to concentrate easier on work/school/whatever. It will also probably be euphoric (pleasurable).

Some people say they don't feel euphoria their first time, or claim that ordinary amphetamine (adderall) doesn't cause euphoria (it does), but these people are usually either inexperienced drug users who don't know what to look for in the effects, or they are meth users who have too high of a tolerance to feel regular amphetamine.

In the right dose, adderall will definitely be euphoric - and can be just as euphoric as opiates and even ecstacy. Its better to take too little than too much. If you take too much for your first time (more than 80mg XR, or something around there), the euphoria will likely disappear and be replaced by dysphoria (the opposite of pleasure) because the amphetamine becomes too much of a load on your body.

For my first time, I took 60mg XR but this ended up being way too intense for me (but it was extremely euphoric). So the second time, I took 40mg XR but this still ended up being way too intense. So for my third time, I just took 20mg XR and this was just about right for me - 20mg XR was still euphoric, but didn't feel as extremely intense like 60mg and 40mg had been.

If I were you, I would 20mg XR for my first time, and if that isn't strong enough for you, you'll know to take a little more in the future. Work your way up.

If you don't feel 20mg, or if 20mg isn't enough, DON'T take more right away - wait until another day to try more, or at least wait more than two hours. Sometimes it can take longer for it to kick in. Don't make the mistake of taking more if you get impatient after half an hour of waiting for it to kick in, because you'll likely regret this when the first pill finally does kick in.

Don't snort adderall XR. If you're going to take it, swallow it. The reason you don't want to snort adderall XR is because it just isn't a very efficient way to take it. If I'm not mistaken, two of the amphetamine salts don't get absorbed by your mucous membranes and end up just dripping down the back of your throat into your stomach (where they get absorbed orally anyways), and the amphetamine that is snortable is so diluted from all the pill binders and fillers, that only a small amount of it actually gets absorbed. One of the amphetamine salts won't even dissolve in your nose (and won't even drip down into your stomach), and you'll be picking it out of your nose for days afterwards.

You're mouth is likely going to be very dry (and by dry I mean fucking dry), so make sure you have water or something else to drink. Adderall usually makes a person sweat a lot and pee a lot, so water is especially important to stay hydrated. I would advise against drinking soda or anything with caffeine in it. Adderall + Caffeine can be very uncomfortable. Also, if you're going to drink juice, you should know that eating/drinking anything acidic (orange juice especially) is going to cause adderall to leave your system faster.

If you have a penis, its going to get very small and shrivel up, but don't worry this is only temporary and it goes back to normal after the drug leaves your system. You might notice that sex and masturbation feel about 10 times more pleasurable while on adderall, so take advantage of this if you want - adderall also makes it take longer to ejaculate or get an erection, so be prepared for spending at least a few hours if you choose to masturbate or have sex.

Some people like smoking cigarettes on adderall, but other people find it uncomfortable, or find that it ruins their adderall high.

If you smoke weed, I'd avoid smoking it while on adderall, at least for your first time. Amphetamine makes the mental effects of weed way more intense, and a lot of people (at least people I've known) find it downright scary and have a panic attack from smoking weed while on adderall.

Hope all of that helps.

Last edited:
Edit: nevermind, i actually read all that and it helped. thanks. im still convinced you're on coke for taking the time to type all that though.

Last edited:
Yeah I'm known on this forum for giving lengthy responses, especially when I'm on speed. Glad it helped

Speed + Bluelight = lots of posts. Props, SpunkySkunk347.

20mg adderall is a good place to start, but its also always a good idea to double-check your pill to make sure it is what you were told it is.

I once had somebody give me a pill that he thought (or wanted me to think) was a Xanax, I Googled it and it turned out to be risperidone, yuck.

I wouldn't just "assume" its adderall XR. Look up the pill online to see if it is instant release or adderall XR.

Agreed through and through. Assumptions in the world of recreational pharmacology can prove to be fatal.

You're mouth is likely going to be very dry (and by dry I mean fucking dry), so make sure you have water or something else to drink. Adderall usually makes a person sweat a lot and pee a lot, so water is especially important to stay hydrated.

This too is sound advice. Drugs in the phenethylamine (and amphetamine) classes have a tendency towards causing one to essentially forget about proper hydration. This can lead to insignificant (and significant) side effects for regular users. Remember to stay hydrated, but don't overhydrate!

I would advise against drinking soda or anything with caffeine in it. Adderall + Caffeine can be very uncomfortable.

If you enjoy a speedy stimulant high, caffeine + Adderall + nicotine can be quite enjoyable; if you have little to no overall stimulant and/or amphetamine experience in the past--keep it simple, silly!

The Doctor

I think caffeine + amphetamines is nice if done correctly. A small Red Bull (80mg caffeine here) with 10mg dextroamphetamine works quite nicely, not too much of either, any more caffeine and its all jitters and anxiety. Drinking soda/pop with adderall is actually most likely doing more harm than good, soda is very acidic and speeds up the elimination of your pills. Yes, I know Red Bull and other energy drinks do the same thing. I've noticed that consuming caffeine when the amphetamine comedown is just beginning brings the speedy-ness back for a bit as well. Only works for some people.

If you're going to go that route, just make sure you try the adderall by itself and make sure you're comfortable with what it does and its comedown, etc, before adding more stimulants to the mix.

I think caffeine + amphetamines is nice if done correctly. A small Red Bull (80mg caffeine here) with 10mg dextroamphetamine works quite nicely, not too much of either, any more caffeine and its all jitters and anxiety. Drinking soda/pop with adderall is actually most likely doing more harm than good, soda is very acidic and speeds up the elimination of your pills. Yes, I know Red Bull and other energy drinks do the same thing. I've noticed that consuming caffeine when the amphetamine comedown is just beginning brings the speedy-ness back for a bit as well. Only works for some people.

If you're going to go that route, just make sure you try the adderall by itself and make sure you're comfortable with what it does and its comedown, etc, before adding more stimulants to the mix.

I used to love a Red Bull and unfilitered cigarette with my morning prescription dosage of Adderall. It's a shame that those buggers are pricey--they add up, even when you purchase a Costco case of them! I switched back over to coffee to cut costs but I have some espresso materials on the way.

The Doctor

Last edited:
I've heard that ginseng blocks all but the adrenergic effects of adderall, getting rid of a good deal of the euphoria... Something about DA reuptake inhibitors indirectly blocking the action of amphetamines.

Status
Not open for further replies.