• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc shooting ambien

tijdloos

Greenlighter
I know there is already a thread about this topic, but my question concerns the process of cooking it up.
I want to bang Ambien (zolpidem) and have 10mg tablets.
How many mgs is a good dose? How much water should I use? Do I heat it up?
I have IVed pills before, but never Ambien so I thought I'd learn here before making a grave error.

PS don't tell me how dangerous shooting pills is. I know already. Unless Ambien is particularly dangerous, there is no need to tell me the obvious.

Thanks

I shot all of mine that i got a script for a couple weeks ago. i had the 10mg generic ones. I started with one but did three and four at a time. I'd start with one to see how they affect you, what is right for me may not be right for you. If you're just doing one you wont need a whole ml of water, just use your judgment. As you said, you've shot pills before so you know what it should look like. Mine broke down easily, they were pretty tiny to start with. Crush the pill first if you want, I threw mine in the spoon whole so either will work. Filter, shoot. You know the drill. When i did 30 or 40mg (it was also on top of my methadone dose) I got a nice benzo-ish feeling after the initial trip/rush. Anyway, hope that helps some.

Assuming you've used ambien orally before, the oral route has a 70% bioavailability so IV will be roughly 1.5x as strong.

NEVER heat pills you're injecting. People usually do this because they see pieces that don't dissolve and heating dissolves them but those pieces are not the drug, they are insoluble binders/fillers you do not want in your shot.

If you don't want people to give you advice about how dangerous something is, then don't come on a HARM REDUCTION forum!

The danger here more so lies in the potent amnestic effects rather than through physiological damage. Especially going the IV route, you could very easily black out, do really stupid shit and have no memory of it. The forum is littered with stories of people putting grilled cheese sandwiches in VCR's, getting hit for what they said to women, etc. and they weren't even shooting the zolpidem. Its really bed to have someone with you to stop you from doing something stupid/dangerous/illegal and to hold your pills because for whatever reason, often when people take a lot of zolpidem they get the idea in their head that they need to take more and more and more.

Cane2theLeft: I am interested in harm reduction. I just hate when the only advice I get is "don't shoot pills period." I know shooting pills is bad, and I want to do it as safely as possible. I do appreciate your advice and warnings.

Luckily, 65% of the contributors in OD have shot up a pill in the last 5 minutes so I think you're safe :D

I used to shot liquid ambien that you find as "tavor" in europe; 2,5mg x ml but don't know about shooting the pill,maybe you have to dissolve it in prop. glycole because lorazepam isn't very soluble in pure water, let me know if I'm wrong

Ambien always dissolved fine for me, I have shot it numerous times. I always produced a strange 'coke-like' rush that faded into a nice mellow relaxing feeling. I always had to shoot 20-30mg at atime, though, and my tolerance went through the roof in about 2 days to ambien. They don't do anything to me anymore, other than that initial rush I still feel.